Raven Guard 4th Company (Tale of Many Gamers)

Valaas

First up is some photos from different angles of the Primaris Lt. I did for my HQ choice in 'HHotE'.

IMG 20171122 065038 (800x558)

Next up are the members of my Devastator Squad, I did for the Heavy Support choice for 'HHotE'

Dev. Sgt - with combi grav and (annoying) servo-skulls

IMG 20171122 065441 (800x676)

Dev. with Las-cannon (1)

IMG 20171122 065721 (800x600)

Dev. with Grav

IMG 20171122 065756 (800x618)

Dev. with Plasma Cannon

IMG 20171122 065556 (800x599)

Dev. with Las-cannon (2)

IMG 20171122 065903 (800x580)

The Tactical Squad I did, tabletop standard, for HHotE, just needs some snow on the bases, then I'll get some photos up and we can get onto all the new stuff.

As always comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

Nice work, is that three decals you've got on the Primaris Sergeant? I'm liking the basing, too- adding some warm colour helps with such a dark Chapter scheme, but using the snow just ties it back to the model again really well. You've got a bit of chalkiness on some of the white, but that's something most of us struggle with. I figure the only way around that is loads of really thin coats but it just takes forever.

Nice work, is that three decals you've got on the Primaris Sergeant? I'm liking the basing, too- adding some warm colour helps with such a dark Chapter scheme, but using the snow just ties it back to the model again really well. You've got a bit of chalkiness on some of the white, but that's something most of us struggle with. I figure the only way around that is loads of really thin coats but it just takes forever.

Cheers, I find it is hit or miss with the white, some times its fine other times like on the devs. it ends up a bit chalky! 

Will increase it next time to 4 thin coats :wink:

May also be an effect of the resin....went on well for the plastic Primaris....but more chalky on the resin chest piece and shoulder pads/

I am in love with your Primaris LT, especially the the helmet. I think I may do all my primaris with that helmet choice (or at least the inner facemask white) it really makes the sculpt pop.

Cheers mate,

Loved painting this guy, was a joy to paint and he turned out great.

Having to fight hard against temptation to paint more Primaris before I've finished my current back log of regular.

Valaas

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a long time since my Golden Troll entry went in back in May and since then it has been on display in GW Aberdeen.

I've finally got it back home and as promised have taken some more detailed pictures for you:

Elaith Craulnober, Radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

IMG 20171205 072014

Jarlaxle Baenre, Eldar Corsair (Acolyte)

IMG 20171205 072334

Roboute Bulnes, Adeptus Arbites (Acolyte)

IMG 20171205 072231

Logan, Cybermastiff

IMG 20171205 072528

Mortiz Konig, Tech-Adept

IMG 20171205 072148

Medical Servo-skull

IMG 20171205 072118

Myrmeen Lhal, Deathcult Assassin

IMG 20171205 072423

Artemis Enteri, Gunslinger/Pilot

IMG 20171205 072053

and finally the Winners Troll

IMG 20171205 072558

And as a sneak peak, here's whats coming in my never ending painting queue! :rolleyes:

IMG 20171204 232710

As always, comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

The thumbnails don’t do these justice, the full res image shows up so much better. That Tech-Adept is brilliant, nailed the grimdarkness. It all reminds me of the Pilgrym series White Dwarf was running a little while back.

Where’s that servo skull from? I’m trying to think up an alternative to armorium cherubs and that looks the ticket.

The thumbnails don’t do these justice, the full res image shows up so much better. That Tech-Adept is brilliant, nailed the grimdarkness. It all reminds me of the Pilgrym series White Dwarf was running a little while back.

Where’s that servo skull from? I’m trying to think up an alternative to armorium cherubs and that looks the ticket.

Thanks mate, 

These definitely deserve opening up in full res, though even then my original photos are even sharper as I had to reduce them to below 2mb to upload to B&C.

Great minds think alike as it was the 'Pilgrim' series and Blanchitsu in general that inspired this bunch of reprobates.

The servo skull is from Forgeworld's Archmagos Draykavac's Abeyant ..... I think I may have some spare, I'll have to have a dig but if I find one I'll pop it in the post.  The cabling is resin and starts straight so will need heated and manipulated repeatably until you get it int he shape you want.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 2 weeks later...

Boxing Day Bash completed......

Here's my heavily converted Chaplin:

Chaplin Valaas, attached to the Raven Guard 4th Company.

IMG 20171227 015458

If only I always had time off to bash them out in a day!

Cheers,
Valaas

LOTD Helmet?

Korvydae Body?

BA Chaplain pack and bits?

Looks spectacular, I think I may have to rip this off directly

I NEED to recast that helmet.

Yes,

- LOTD helmet.

- Korvydae torso and left pauldron

- BA Chaplin, left arm, jump pack and right

hand +crosius

- assault marine right arm (shoulder to wrist).

and bolt pistol

- honour guard right pauldron

- 40k city base.

Straight forward conversion but, looks great!

Cheers,

Valaas

Really unique Chaplain, nice work man! Did you recast the helmet, or just decapitate the LoTD marine?

Had to chop the LOTD across the chest, then carefully snip a little at a time to get the head as is.

The high collar and jump pack hide any slightly rougher bits.

Happy New Year!

I am confident the citizens and denizens of Kiavahr will be helping the Scions of Corax be ready to bring the light of the Imperium into the dark corners of the galaxy.

• 5 months later...

Man its been a while since this post had an up date!

The cost of taking on a Titan sized project (check my Tau link)......Now that that's done, it's back to the 4th Company with renewed ETL VI focus.

First up on the Vow front is my Storm Eagle.....primed and with an interior white spray and exterior black spray to go on tonight before I tackle it properly.

IMG 20180604 075334

Cheers,

Valaas

Archived