Codex: Imperial Agents

Banjulhu

But wait.

As well as a pathetic CAD knock off we alsoe have a pathetic formation knock off in the form of the Ministorum Delegation. 1 Priest and upto 1 Elites choice from the Sisters of Battle.

And for taking that both the priest and the potential unit get Shield of Faith...

That's a 6+ Invulnerable save for a model that already comes with a Rosarius as standard and elites choices that all either already had Shield of Faith (Repentia and Celestians) or have a better Invulnerable save to begin with (Death Cultists and Crusaders).

Such Rules. Much Improvements. Wow.

Such Rules. Much Improvements. Wow.

Looks like a good way to field arco-flagellants, if for some reason you want to field arco-flagellants, or alternatively as a way for Space Marines to ally-in a priest without having to pay out for sisters of battle.

-unless it still requires the HQ and 2 troops, which would be a special kind of crap.

Reminds me a little of the old apoc formations that gave Celestine fearless, Penitent engines feel no pain, or allowed six whole units of retributors to combine their shooting phase to put out a single 24" range S8 AP1 large blast.

(though it could be worse - GK used to have a hugely expensive formation that didn't let you deploy anything until a daemon showed up, and then required you to hand your army over to the daemon player and sit out the rest of the game if his models got killed)

Celestine is my favorite.

You know what? If she isn't in the codex, we, the Sisters Players of the B&C, are making a homebrew of her to play with. I can probably get the people I play with to let me use it.

And if people don't want to help with that, I'll do it myself. I'll probably draft up a couple versions.

. . . Or you could keep using her as written from the e-codex tongue.png (but I never miss a chance to write some rules).

Shes no longer available on the UK GW site. :(

To me it looks like they're Elite, the placement is just odd (hence the confusion). It's the usual HQ, Troops, Elite, Fast Attack, Heavy Support line-up.

One possible take-away from the placement of Repentia in the contents (and this is pure speculation) is that they might have followed suit with the latest Space Marines Codex and made the Sororitas Command Squad a standalone Elites choice rather than taking up no FoC and requiring a character. The Command Squad is between the Repentia and other Elites choices (the former Battle Conclave and Celestians) in Imperial Agents, whereas in the current Codex it's listed after the HQ choices and before Troops.

That helps. I guess if you attach a canoness and give the sister superior a power maul, you might be able to do some melee.

So: this release we lost Celestine. Eccliasarchy Battle Aconclaves got split, rendering arcos* useless. And this is out official 7th edition codex.

I'm praying that the Inquisition formation that brings it all together does something that can help us. Otherwise I fear that were dropping down a powerlevel again.

*I routinely ran St. Celestine in a squad of Seraphim, and at least one to three massive 3 Crusader 7 Arcos and a priest with an eviscerator blob. They were surprisingly effective, usually wiping a squad per charge.

That helps. I guess if you attach a canoness and give the sister superior a power maul, you might be able to do some melee.

So: this release we lost Celestine. Eccliasarchy Battle Aconclaves got split, rendering arcos* useless. And this is out official 7th edition codex.

I'm praying that the Inquisition formation that brings it all together does something that can help us. Otherwise I fear that were dropping down a powerlevel again.

*I routinely ran St. Celestine in a squad of Seraphim, and at least one to three massive 3 Crusader 7 Arcos and a priest with an eviscerator blob. They were surprisingly effective, usually wiping a squad per charge.

Celestine with dual handflamer Seraphim is my backfield disruptor. They DS in and go after infantry camping on rear objectives, or force tougher units to chase them around instead of doing anything to stop my main force.

This farce of a book will not change that.

But Battle Conclave is still listed in the Table of Contents image. Maybe those remain the same?

Well, did anyone REALLY expect changes to the rules? This is no surprise. Actually, I'm quite pleased with the change to Light of the Emperor. I've always thought that was a rather useful AoF (the Celestians getting Furious Charge is basically worthless to me).

Don't see why we couldn't have a detachment with Objec Seccured and the reroling 1s on saves nice per game. Oh well.

I don't like non-Sisters models having SoF (hence I took it away from Jacobus in my fandex, but I gave him Adamantium will so he didn't lose anything since he has a Rosarius).

I broke down and preordered the book. It will be nice to have print rules in any case, and I am going to go forward with a homebrew of Celestine.

To me it looks like they're Elite, the placement is just odd (hence the confusion). It's the usual HQ, Troops, Elite, Fast Attack, Heavy Support line-up.

One possible take-away from the placement of Repentia in the contents (and this is pure speculation) is that they might have followed suit with the latest Space Marines Codex and made the Sororitas Command Squad a standalone Elites choice rather than taking up no FoC and requiring a character. The Command Squad is between the Repentia and other Elites choices (the former Battle Conclave and Celestians) in Imperial Agents, whereas in the current Codex it's listed after the HQ choices and before Troops.

That was my assumption, yes. :)

ok, so more leaks. Celestians faith is also shown as until the end of the turn - with a little luck this typo will extend to the retributors...

The sisters power sword, plasma pistol, and eviscerator are still at premium rate prices.

No new relics.

and... good news for a change! The inquisition formation allows you to form the mother of all blob squads with battle sisters (or grey knight terminators, or deathwatch veterans).  Basically an inquisitor, a few acolytes, a regular sororitas squad, and then throw all the old warband in on top - cultists, crusaders, jokaero, etc.

Won't that remove our act of faith though?

still, the chance to have a jokearo upgrade a squads weapons/gear might be worth losing a once per game preferred enemy. But not ignores cover or rending...

Won't that remove our act of faith though?

still, the chance to have a jokearo upgrade a squads weapons/gear might be worth losing a once per game preferred enemy. But not ignores cover or rending...

Yes, it removes faith. But it has to be a regular battle sister squad anyway, and the inquisitor has to be hereticus (they appear to have their old limited wargear selections).

Well, i dropped by my FLGS today while Christmas shopping and preordered C:IA while telling them that i've never been so angry about buying a book. They've said they may well have them in by wednesday but not sure if the first batch will be enough to go around. if i get my hands on a copy i'll post info/my  thoughts as someone who's actually used the previous codex.

aaaaand back to the bad news. I can't really make out the blurred text but it appears the canoness may have lost her eviscerator.

It looks that way. 30pts and priest only.

Wonderful, a HQ that can get Hatred without access to a weapon worth using Hatred in conjunction with.

I have enough of DCA and Crusaders that I can make whole units of them, so that is something I guess. I always use a Canoness, so having the Command Squad outside of the FOC never bothered me to begin with. But being able to spam heavy weapons AND bring Exorcists might be fun.

I'm still pretty upset, but I'm getting over it. I'm not going to pretend like this book is a great thing, but it is what it is, and it's not the end of the world. I still believe that GW is cocking up this release, but I'm sure there will be enough sales to justify it to their corporate bean counters, so it's what we've got for a while.

Archived