2500 Terror Assault - Unto the Night Once More

Brother Heinrich

Planning once again for when I have hobby space. Let me know your thoughts:

HQ:

• Chaplain Consul - Terminator Armor, Nostraman Chainglaive, Trophies of Judgement, Teleport Transponder - 135pts

Elites:

• Legion Terminators (7) - Sgt. w/Chainglaive & Volkite Charger, 4x Volkite Chargers, 2x Powerfists, 2x Chainfists, 2x Pairs of Lightning Claws, Teleport Transponders - 345pts

Troops:

• Terror Squad (8) - Sgt. w/Chainglaive, Artificer Armor, Meltabombs, 8x Volkite Chargers - 235pts

• Terror Squad (8) - Sgt. w/Chainglaive, Artificer Armor, Meltabombs, 8x Volkite Chargers - 235pts

Fast Attack:

• Night Raptors (8) - Sgt. w/Chainglaive & Meltabombs, 2x Pairs of Lighting Claws - 265pts

• Primaris Lighting - Ground Tracking Auguries, Servitor Battle Control, 2x Pairs of Kraken Heavy Penetrator Missiles - 230pts

Heavy Support:

• Leviathan Siege Dreadnought - Phosphex Launchers, Dreadnought Drop Pod, 2x Siege Claws - 385pts

Lord of War:

• Konrad Curze - Rite of War: Terror Assault - 435pts

What style of terminator armour would you have the Chaplain and the Unit in ?

Not sure, recommendations? 

Also re-engineered the list after discovering that they finally reduced the cost on Assault Marines (also with more CHOOM)

HQ:

• Delegatus Consul - Artificer Armor, Bike, Refractor Field, Trophies, Melta Bombs, Chainglaive, Volkite Charger - 145pts

- Rite of War: Terror Assault

Troops:

• 15x Assault Marines - Sgt. w/Chainglaive, Squad Melta Bombs - 325pts

• 8x Terror Marines - Headsman w/Artificer Armor, Chainglaive & Melta Bombs, 8x Volkite Chargers - 235pts 

• 8x Terror Marines - Headsman w/Artificer Armor, Chainglaive & Melta Bombs, 8x Volkite Chargers - 235pts 

Fast Attack:

• 6x Legion Outriders - 6x Twin-Linked Plasma Guns - 255pts

• Lightning Primaris Strike Fighter - 2x Pairs of Kraken Missiles, Servitor Battle Control, Ground Tracking Auguries - 230pts

Heavy Support:

• Leviathan Dreadnought - Phosphex Launcher, Siege Drill, 2x Twin-Linked Volkite Culverins, Drop Pod - 400pts 

Lord of War:

• Konrad Curze - 435pts

TOTAL: 2,495pts

Looking good, bro!

Just one thing I spotted. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can take a Delegatus in the same army as a Primarch. Taking a Delegatus means that you don't have access to Praetors or Lords of War.

Edit: you can take the Delegatus because the Primarch will be the Warlord.

I'd still swap the Delegatus out for a Chaplain or a Forge Lord to accompany the Assault Marines smile.png

It looks pretty good. I'm not sure what the people point of the delegatus is since you've already got kurze for master of the legion. I would make the same suggestion as kizzdoug and maybe change the consul to a chaplain or forge lord.

Unless you're looking for an assualt unit, thenyou could change the bikes to a command squad with a couple power weapons. If your doing that, then keep the delegatus.

It looks like your lacking in ranged anti tank. Maybe switch out the bikes for some speeders or mortars and then switch the delegatus to assualt.

Looking good, bro!

Just one thing I spotted. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can take a Delegatus in the same army as a Primarch. Taking a Delegatus means that you don't have access to Praetors or Lords of War.

Edit: you can take the Delegatus because the Primarch will be the Warlord.

I'd still swap the Delegatus out for a Chaplain or a Forge Lord to accompany the Assault Marines smile.png

It looks pretty good. I'm not sure what the people point of the delegatus is since you've already got kurze for master of the legion. I would make the same suggestion as kizzdoug and maybe change the consul to a chaplain or forge lord.

Unless you're looking for an assualt unit, thenyou could change the bikes to a command squad with a couple power weapons. If your doing that, then keep the delegatus.

It looks like your lacking in ranged anti tank. Maybe switch out the bikes for some speeders or mortars and then switch the delegatus to assualt.

Thanks dudes, though I don't really see the need for ranged AT when the whole army is gonna be in the enemy Deployment zone by turn 2 at the latest. The point of the list was going with terror assaults heavy restriction and committing to going head to head instead of sitting back and trying to outgun other legions that can do it better.

Took what you guys said though and tweaked the list a little:

HQ:

• Delegatus Consul - Artificer Armor, Jetpack, Refractor Field, Trophies, Melta Bombs, Chainglaive - 130pts

- Rite of War: Terror Assault

Troops:

• 10x Assault Marines - Sgt. w/Artificer Armor & Chainglaive, Squad Melta Bombs - 245pts

Fast Attack:

• 6x Legion Outriders - 6x Twin-Linked Plasma Guns, Squad Meltabombs - 360pts

• Lightning Primaris Strike Fighter - 2x Pairs of Kraken Missiles, Servitor Battle Control, Ground Tracking Auguries - 230pts

Heavy Support:

• Leviathan Dreadnought - Phosphex Launcher, 2x Twin-Linked Volkite Culverins, Drop Pod - 400pts

Lord of War:

• Konrad Curze - 435pts

TOTAL: 2,495pts

I know the Chaplain would be more ideal with the Assault Marines, but in reality he's just a cheap way to pay the HQ tax, plus I don't care too much about buffing the Assault Marines since they're just a mobile meat shield for Curze. With the new list I lose a few Assault Marines, but gain melta bombs on the bikes as well as the assault marines. So Anti-Tank is the Leviathan, Squad Melta Bombs on bikes and Assault Marines, and the Lightning Strike Fighter, Anti- Infantry is the Bikes, Curze, Terror Marines, and also the Leviathan. I also like that the only thing I'm waiting on is the lightning. Everything else is in play Turn 1.

I like the jump pack delegates over the previous build, I would be tempted to put an apothecary in the raptors or assault marines

I'd love to too, but the points aren't there without hurting the list more than helping it, also remember they're mostly there to soak up bullets for Curze and melta. Mob some stuff if they survive. I'm not worried about them killing people, that's what Papa Midnight is for.

well after reading the new melta bomb shenanigans I tweaked the list and put night raptors back on the menu. Here's the pretty much final product:

RoW: Terror Assault

HQ:

• Chaplain Consul - Artificer Armor, Jetpack, Refractor Field, Meltabombs, Chainglaive - 145pts

Troops:

Fast Attack:

• 8x Night Raptors - Huntsman w/Chainglaive, 2x Power Axes - 240pts

• 6x Legion Outriders - 6x Twin-Linked Plasma Guns - 330pts

Heavy Support:

• Leviathan Dreadnought - Phosphex Launcher, 2x Twin-Linked Volkite Calivers, Armored Ceramite, Drop Pod - 415pts 

Lord of War:

• Konrad Curze - 435pts

TOTAL: 2,500pts

Curze, the Chaplain, and the Night Raptors all roll together as one, Leviathan pods in and goes for armor, Outriders hunt heavy infantry/light vehicles, Terror Squads kill infantry/go for objectives, Lightning kills heavy armor.

Welcome back, Brother! I like the look of this list - fast and furious! I know you have the list basically finished, but I would strongly advise swapping out one of the Leviathan's claws for a siege drill, especially if he's hunting armour. The Severing Cut/Armourbane combo is devastating, and makes him even more of a threat to anything that he gets close to. And for only five points it's no hardship to make fit.

Welcome back, Brother! I like the look of this list - fast and furious! I know you have the list basically finished, but I would strongly advise swapping out one of the Leviathan's claws for a siege drill, especially if he's hunting armour. The Severing Cut/Armourbane combo is devastating, and makes him even more of a threat to anything that he gets close to. And for only five points it's no hardship to make fit.

Duly noted homie, I'll find the points for it ;)

Archived