Upcoming Primarch Novellas - Your Expectations

b1soul

Jaghatai founding the Librarium alongside Sangi and Magnus or during the GC to deepen his wild card role in relation to his brothers; maybe a battle alongside another, more established Legion

In PoH, Jaghatai says to Russ "I hope to fight side by side with you soon...as we were mean to"

Russ replies "The day will come"

(I'm paraphrasing of course)

This could set up an interesting Scouring-era tale involving the Vth and VIth...how the two started primarchs and legions started building a more friendly relationship.

Could also explain why Collected Visions claims the two were close friends during Alaxxes, i.e. the post-Heresy Imperial writer incorrectly assumed the two had always been friends based on their post-Heresy relationship.

I'm so late to this party. I was going to say what I thought the most interesting thing about Curze was, but it's already been mentioned a few times - the fact that he goes to Fulgrim when he's in his darkest hour, and can barely understand what's happening to him. There's a story there, and I hope it's great.

The problem with the rest of the Curze stuff on Nostramo is that most of it was said in Prince of Crows and re-stating it "just because" would feel a bit lame. He was always the primarch with the home world backstory already revealed in the most detail. We've had it in the Index Astartes article in more detail than most primarchs, then in Lord of the Night, then in The Night Lords Trilogy, and then again in Prince of Crows, in the Horus Heresy series itself. 

There's only so much to say about it.

One of the most bizarre things in the reading of old lore was Fulgrims mentor-ship and apparent friendship with Konrad Curze, it's been explored very little beyond it's aftermath and I always wanted to see how that even worked.

I, personally, always imagined it as a good cop/bad cop routine.

I'm so late to this party. I was going to say what I thought the most interesting thing about Curze was, but it's already been mentioned a few times - the fact that he goes to Fulgrim when he's in his darkest hour, and can barely understand what's happening to him. There's a story there, and I hope it's great.

The problem with the rest of the Curze stuff on Nostramo is that most of it was said in Prince of Crows and re-stating it "just because" would feel a bit lame. He was always the primarch with the home world backstory already revealed in the most detail. We've had it in the Index Astartes article in more detail than most primarchs, then in Lord of the Night, then in The Night Lords Trilogy, and then again in Prince of Crows, in the Horus Heresy series itself. 

There's only so much to say about it.

One of the most bizarre things in the reading of old lore was Fulgrims mentor-ship and apparent friendship with Konrad Curze, it's been explored very little beyond it's aftermath and I always wanted to see how that even worked.

I, personally, always imagined it as a good cop/bad cop routine.

I'm picturing Christ Traeger/Ben Wyatt from Parks and Recreation, 40k style lolz.

Hidden Content

The horus book could be great. Personally I'd love to see a story where he's teaching one of the 'younger' primarchs. An interesting one for that would be fulgrim or sanguinius whom were both so close to him, seeing as eventually he came to fear sanguinius, a story where they initially build that bond would be excellent (I'd be happy with that as the theme for a hour or sanguinius story actually)

The horus book could be great. Personally I'd love to see a story where he's teaching one of the 'younger' primarchs. An interesting one for that would be fulgrim or sanguinius whom were both so close to him, seeing as eventually he came to fear sanguinius, a story where they initially build that bond would be excellent (I'd be happy with that as the theme for a hour or sanguinius story actually)

Horus and Sangy were always mates. Maybe that was the problem.

The moment he started to fear his brother, saw him kiling his sons and said theres a BMF. Or cheered louder by the populous that H was.

I guess you could do the same story arc. But from a different perspective.

Kurze, I want when hes climbing out of his pod, melting and healing in lava, with flash forwards to fights with Dorn, Lion.

Maybe even chittering monsters coming from the galactic sw

• 4 weeks later...

About half done with Russ. Man Chris Wraight can write. I was never a big fan of the Scars but loved his two books and his Primarch Book is no exception. I thought the Great Wolf was pretty good although a slow burn with Leman brooding the whole time (I guess it was more about Bjorn anyways).

As a UM fan I was disappointed with Guilliman, it was just boring although to be fair I always find SM vs Orcs to be boring. Leman Russ is an excellent entry and gives me hope with the Primarch series. Getting details on the whole Dulan thing (something I remember reading like 20 years ago is awesome) and the whole Russ contrast with the Lion is fantastic. Chris def can write the Lion well. I think this is probably one of the best scenes ever...

"I said them for your knights." Russ hissed, now in is brother's hearing alone. "I'll add this, just between us - if you fire on my sons again boy, I'll rip your throat out and eat it. How do you like that oath?"

Look forward to reading the rest. Waiting for Magnus and pre-ordered Perturabo LE. Guy Haley is great and to read about the Hurd and Dantioch...sign me up!

Look forward to reading the rest. Waiting for Magnus and pre-ordered Perturabo LE. Guy Haley is great and to read about the Hurd and Dantioch...sign me up!

- the same. Through I bought it only to see at last a full coverage of Legion response to Hrud migration msn-wink.gif

Personally - Coming Soon section on the BL site, I'm a sucker for a Limited Edition.

Others are pretty adept at sifting through Amazon.  A lot of stuff is also announced at the events, HH Weekend in Feb for example.

Totally agree with you, Brother Captain Kezef.

This series should be a chance of characterization in another setting than the HH. It should give insight of how the Primarchs were before everything went wrong.

That's why I'd like to see

- Lorgar on Colchis or his reformation of the Imperial Heralds

This is something I want to know about. Corax's exile of the Terran Raven Guard because of their repressive, counter-insurgency tactics being abhorrent to him is one thing, but how do you take the Iconoclasts and turn them to the worship of the God-Emperor without making it a trite little story about how the most insistent atheists are just a heartbeat away from religious awakening?

I thought Perturabo's book was about his homeworld, not Hrud. Oh wait, are the aliens On his homeworld? I gotta look that up.

Earlier in the thread, it was described as the Iron Warriors fighting the Hrud when Perturabo hears about Olympia rebelling against the Imperium, and rushes back to put the uprising down.

I thought Perturabo's book was about his homeworld, not Hrud. Oh wait, are the aliens On his homeworld? I gotta look that up.

So where do you guys get your lists of which book is coming out when?

1/3 of the story is about several battalions of IW fighting Hrud migration (Dantioch will be present in campaign)

If Kurze could see the death of each primarch that would explain why he would get on well with Fulgrim, firstly Fulgrim does not die (he becomes an imortal) so Kurze does not suffer any nasty Fulgrim death visions around him. And secondly if and when he meets Ferus and sees his death he is probably thinking I'm going to stick close to my bro Fulgrim to see how this plays out, until he betrays him to Dorn.

If Kurze could see the death of each primarch that would explain why he would get on well with Fulgrim, firstly Fulgrim does not die (he becomes an imortal) so Kurze does not suffer any nasty Fulgrim death visions around him. And secondly if and when he meets Ferus and sees his death he is probably thinking I'm going to stick close to my bro Fulgrim to see how this plays out, until he betrays him to Dorn.

That does not make him more sanier :)

Interesting idea

Warning Mature content:

...or Curze gets a vision ofFulgrim's death by [redacted].in the realm of Slaanesh, gets a glimpse of the amount of [redacted], [redacted], [redacted] it takes for a daemon prince of hedonism to overdose, and is like "wow. This guy knows how to party. Compared to all my other brothers, I'm hanging out with this guy." 

Really, I'm most excited to see Mortarion's book come out. Really the only stories to poke behind his creepy façade were Scars (epic) and Daemonology (intriguing).

There's a lot of possibilities there for a character who was so gung-ho to get the Heresy train moving...and yet so disturbed when he realized the lack of brakes.

Really, I'm most excited to see Mortarion's book come out. Really the only stories to poke behind his creepy façade were Scars (epic) and Daemonology (intriguing).

There's a lot of possibilities there for a character who was so gung-ho to get the Heresy train moving...and yet so disturbed when he realized the lack of brakes.

It seems that Morty appears 2nd most among Primarchs behind Horus in the HH series. He's all over the place....yet he's always second fiddle. It will be nice for him to get some time in the limelight.

What I, personally, am interested in, is to know how he and Horus got along and what Horus really thought about him. Is it fair to say that Mortarion is 2nd in command of the Traitor forces? It sure seems like it. Lorgar is sort of the architect of it, but Mortarion seems to be the trusted advisor to Horus. Did Horus always rely on Mortarion or have special faith in him? Or was he the least damaged of the traitors so Horus was forced to rely on him? 

I'd say it was the latter. You see the void that Ferrus' refusal to turn and Fulgrim's corruption have left. Horus lacks a lieutenant who can get other Legions to work for him; Mortarion is the closest thing he has to them after a time.

Archived