Horus Heresy releases we know about but what next?

DukeLeto69

Never_born has done some truly great work on his blog. What an exciting line up for 2017!

I am unashamedly going to lift a direct piece of content from that blog...

---------------------

So with some new books confirmed, here’s what we know is coming up in the numbered series:

Book 41: The Master of Mankind by Aaron Dembski-Bowden

Book 42: Garro by James Swallow

Book 43: TBC

Book 44: The Crimson King by Graham McNeill

Book 45: Ruinstorm by David Annandale

Book 46: TBC

Book 47: Old Earth by Nick Kyme

Books 43 and 46 were asked about, with Laurie unwilling to give any details – primarily it seemed because it hasn’t yet been decided which order in which they’re going to go.

----------------

What do people think 43 and 46 could be?

We know that Laurie has said there are ALSO three other books to be written BEFORE we reach the Siege of Terra. So what could they be?

Only two I can think of are Doom of the Deathguard and a book wrapping up the War on Mars.

Also with the recent Garro and Corax omnibuses as numbered volumes (I see them as omnibuses rather than anthologies and certainly not self contained novels) I would at least expect (and hope) we get an omnibus release for Tallarn which if they follow the precedent will be numbered.

My guess for 43 and 46 would be anthologies/omnibuses. Looking at what's left, I could see another 5 to collect what's left: one for Tallarn, one for the Betrayal at Calth books, one for the Salamanders novellas (Promethean Sun, Scorched Earth, Sons of the Forge), one for Shattered Legions (Meduson, The Seventh Serpent, Blackshield, maybe Cybernetica and Myriad) and one for Wolf King + other shorts released recently. And there may well be more than that to come (I think an anthology based around the Solar War itself would be great).

As for the main books left to come, Doom of the Death Guard he confirmed as one, Mars could be another as you say. I could also see the Wolf Cull, where Russ goes on the hunt for Horus, and maybe one focused on the Great Slaughter at Beta-Garmon. There's also always the chance they'll throw us a curveball we're not expecting.

I haven't heard anything about Wolf Cull. Is that an upcoming short story?

To my knowledge, no, just a phrase taken from Forge World's Horus Heresy timeline. I'm assuming it refers to the Wolves going on the hunt for Horus, and that's what I'm hoping is covered in a novel. But I could be completely wrong about what it refers to :p

We'll definitely get that gap plugged. Corax shows us what are basically the results of it, and we had the Wolves leave in The Path of Heaven. There's a good story to tell there.

We might also get a look at Beta-Garmon before we reach Terra. It was referenced heavily in Weregeld, and Valerius seems to get us there, but the big spectacle that it is hasn't been covered in sufficient detail yet. With it being the stepping stone to Sol, it has to be talked about.

Just to point out something that just happened on Twitter, when Josh Reynolds tried to pitch an Erebus HH novel to Laurie (humorous stuff, of course!):

http://i.imgur.com/OoZXZ0C.png

To quote the tweet in text (in case you are on mobile or the screenshot doesn't work:

: Laurie Goulding

There are no more empty HH slots for novels. Everything is allocated, and everything leads directly to Terra.

Just to point out something that just happened on Twitter, when Josh Reynolds tried to pitch an Erebus HH novel to Laurie (humorous stuff, of course!):

http://i.imgur.com/OoZXZ0C.png

To quote the tweet in text (in case you are on mobile or the screenshot doesn't work:

: Laurie Goulding

There are no more empty HH slots for novels. Everything is allocated, and everything leads directly to Terra.

Why, DC, I do believe you spoke about your predictions of what's to come in the Heresy next year on some sort of...audio...medium... tongue.png

So long as before the end I get...

• Wraight doing a DG novel (or at least the fall of the DG) in addition to Khan v. Mortarion
  • Preferably Wraight covering the EC to some degree as well
  • ADB doing as much of the Siege of Terra as possible, and preferably the duel itself
  • Some coverage of where Abaddon is and what he is doing during the Siege

...I will be a very happy chap.

It'd be good to see the World Eaters in transition, in the wake of Angron's ascension. They've been offscreen for some time now.

Yeah, there are a few of the traitors I'd like to see a "catch-up" on. Not necessarily another full novel, but something to see what they've been up to. It feels like the earlier part of the series focused more on the traitor legions (which makes sense since they were the ones turning after all), but more recently the focus has been on the loyalists. We haven't seen much of the Word Bearers or World Eaters since the Shadow Crusade, nor much of the Sons of Horus since Molech. One faction of the Emperor's Children got good time in Path of Heaven, but Fulgrim and the rest of the legion has largely been absent since (again) Molech.

But this also might be something we can see more of in upcoming FW books too.

I'd be happy to see another novella collection, or a short story anthology, something like The Primarchs or Mark of Calth, to catch up some of the (minor) plotlines leading up to Terra, or even one with scenes of the Siege when we get to it.

Eidolon and co seem to be tackled in Wraight's story for Revelations, by the by.

Sanguinius has to get to Terra. That'll involve punching through Lorgar's storms and the ranks of Horus' armies, so there's gotta be some material in there.

Edit: oh wait, is that Ruinstorm?

Yeah, that'll be Ruinstorm. It should wrap up he Imperium Secondus plotline and have everyone on the way to Terra...I think. Not sure how they're going to explain BA getting there but not UM or DA.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat 

on earth is Old Earth going to be about?!?!?!!?

Also, kinda bummed there are no blank slots for the HH at this point. Weird to think its all on a trajectory to wind up

To my knowledge, no, just a phrase taken from Forge World's Horus Heresy timeline. I'm assuming it refers to the Wolves going on the hunt for Horus, and that's what I'm hoping is covered in a novel. But I could be completely wrong about what it refers to tongue.png

To my knowledge, no, just a phrase taken from Forge World's Horus Heresy timeline. I'm assuming it refers to the Wolves going on the hunt for Horus, and that's what I'm hoping is covered in a novel. But I could be completely wrong about what it refers to tongue.png

It is exactly that and would be title 43 or 46

Sanguinius has to get to Terra. That'll involve punching through Lorgar's storms and the ranks of Horus' armies, so there's gotta be some material in there.

Edit: oh wait, is that Ruinstorm?

It is Ruinstorm book 45

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

on earth is Old Earth going to be about?!?!?!!?

Also, kinda bummed there are no blank slots for the HH at this point. Weird to think its all on a trajectory to wind up

Old Earth s a horrible abomination of a Salamander novel (thanks the Gods of the Warp - the last one) from Kyme. Horribleness of Vulkan Lives, Deathfire yada yada continues.

Don't you think it's a tad on the harsh side to label a book you haven't read a single word of (which isn't even finished) as "a horrible abomination"?

It's one thing to dislike an author's work to date and decide, based on that, that you're not interested in more of it, but this just seems unnecessarily rude to the author.

We might also get a look at Beta-Garmon before we reach Terra. It was referenced heavily in Weregeld, and Valerius seems to get us there, but the big spectacle that it is hasn't been covered in sufficient detail yet. With it being the stepping stone to Sol, it has to be talked about.

from the oracle, laurie goulding, himself -

- Beta-Garmon is one of the final milestones on the road to Terra. It is from the old-old background - like Paramar, a huge nexus for Great Crusade forces in decades past, and a vital route into the Segmentum Solar. Horus has to roll on through there if he wants to take Terra.

- 'The Binary Succession' is an audio drama by David Annandale, and covers the founding of the Adeptus Titanicus. There is a lot of political posturing on Terra as the crisis of the war puts more pressure on the High Lords, and they are trying to send the Titan Legions to Beta-Garmon against their will, to defend from the approaching traitors. David and I joked while he was writing it that this is "Brexit with Titans"

Don't you think it's a tad on the harsh side to label a book you haven't read a single word of (which isn't even finished) as "a horrible abomination"?

It's one thing to dislike an author's work to date and decide, based on that, that you're not interested in more of it, but this just seems unnecessarily rude to the author.

I was hoping for years that he will improve. And what? Deathfire is more horrible and plagiatry then everything he written before. You call Deathfire an improvement? Over what - over Vulkan Lives? At least the later has some structure

Very cool if true. Do you also know the author?

They've not done two short story collections consecutively in the numbered series, and since I am already giving Garro a pass, I am very much hoping book 43 will be the Wolf Cull book.

They've not done two short story collections consecutively in the numbered series, and since I am already giving Garro a pass, I am very much hoping book 43 will be the Wolf Cull book.

Rob Sanders for Alpha. And someone else for the Wolf Cull

Rob Sanders for Alpha. And someone else for the Wolf Cull

Preferrably AD-B or Wraight for Wolf Cull. French or Abnett would also do.

They better do some retconning though or the Wolves will literally have zero true victories in the heresy sad.png

Archived