Horus Heresy releases we know about but what next?

DukeLeto69

Yarant was a big armor and Titan battle, due to it being originally written about for Epic. It should be the only showing of the space wolves en masse on the ground fighting conventionally, which will be cool because we always see them doing interface assaults (prospero) or zone mortalis (Wolf King). I'm definitely looking forward to some Viking Blitzkrieg action because those are two of my favorite things.

Like how sick would it be to read about space wolf armored divisions taking down titans?

Yarant was a big armor and Titan battle, due to it being originally written about for Epic. It should be the only showing of the space wolves en masse on the ground fighting conventionally, which will be cool because we always see them doing interface assaults (prospero) or zone mortalis (Wolf King). I'm definitely looking forward to some Viking Blitzkrieg action because those are two of my favorite things.

Like how sick would it be to read about space wolf armored divisions taking down titans?

And dying in droves ;) The point is - Gav Thorpe already has shown us the end result in Weregeld, where everything (armor, Titans) are already lost. Only Space Marines remains for the Wolves.

But 'Wolf Cull' should definitely start with something of a armada strike, then land armor/Titan engagement (then wolves run) at Yarant and then finish with arrival of Corax. Something like that

I think my distancing myself from anything not written by ADB has kind of messed up my understanding of where the hell we are in the timeline. Before PoD and MoM I read Pharos, what has come out since then? If we are already on novellas and shorts about Yarant we are like months away from the Siege.

It was more even in AT with everybody getting their teeth kicked in, but apparently Graham 'Let No Story Go Without A Red Wedding' McNeill wanted to make it a big to do with Russ and Horus. Personally, I think the FW coverage of it will give me my sweet, sweet 'what would the world be like if Vikings had the t-34' fantasy.

So another "the Wolves get slaughtered and need to be saved by somebody else" story?

Oh joy.

Actually yes. They are even in more miserable state then Corax arrive at Weregeld then Corax was after Istvaan, lol.

I think my distancing myself from anything not written by ADB has kind of messed up my understanding of where the hell we are in the timeline. Before PoD and MoM I read Pharos, what has come out since then? If we are already on novellas and shorts about Yarant we are like months away from the Siege.

Actually no, you know how HH works. Corax saved the Wolves at Yarant - but we are getting the book how they get where after - Horus Heresy should be milked up to the bottoms ;)

The only other new novel to come out since then is Path of Heaven. Also Corax, but most of that we'd already seen.

Within the timeline, we're around year 31,011/31,012, with the Siege in 31,014. As it has been since the start, there's always some fluidity in the releases (things not coming out in a strict chronological order I mean), but by my own timeline notes I think Pharos takes place in late 31,010/early 31,011, Praetorian of Dorn in 31,011, and Weregeld in early 31,012.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see the Wolves do something successfully...

Nearly every story they've appeared in has them relying on an outside force to win or getting slaughtered

It's almost as if the writers are trying to get the Worf renamed as the Russ

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see the Wolves do something successfully...

Nearly every story they've appeared in has them relying on an outside force to win or getting slaughtered

Good comparison. But after undestructible plot armor of 40K that's what space dogs deserve msn-wink.gif

Good comparison. But after undestructible plot armor of 40K that's what space dogs deserve msn-wink.gif

Please read Ragnar Blackmane amd Emperor's Gift and then get back to me about plot armor.

Or even Legends of the Dark Millennium: Space Wolves, where Krom Dragongaze gets captured by Dark Eldar, has most of his veterans slaughtered for entertainment in Commorragh, Wolves fall in droves to Thousand Sons and daemons and have to be saved by the 13th.

Or basically anything Horus Heresy, where the Wolves fans frequently lament that their Legion isn't winning anything really and constantly gets decimated, with Russ being comatose by the end of the Heresy. Or Battle of the Fang where the Thousand Sons are invading the Fang itself and barely managed to fend off Magnus. Or or or...

Or even Legends of the Dark Millennium: Space Wolves, where Krom Dragongaze gets captured by Dark Eldar, has most of his veterans slaughtered for entertainment in Commorragh, Wolves fall in droves to Thousand Sons and daemons and have to be saved by the 13th.

Or basically anything Horus Heresy, where the Wolves fans frequently lament that their Legion isn't winning anything really and constantly gets decimated, with Russ being comatose by the end of the Heresy. Or Battle of the Fang where the Thousand Sons are invading the Fang itself and barely managed to fend off Magnus. Or or or...

Hope that not sarcasm. I wish we had half as good treatment the DA's got in Angel's of Caliban.

At least you don't have to see half your Legion rebel against your Primarch, then lose most of what remains in a bombastic battle that rips your home planet apart, and casts potential traitors into the warp to reappear sometime in the future and rally the traitor legions against you. Even the novels that are linked to Angels of Caliban, the Chapter takes magnificent losses thanks to Astelan and co's machinations, including a good chunk of the Deathwing and Ravenwing.

I don't think either of the Space Wolves or Dark Angels gets off lightly in the grand scheme of things. At least the Wolves can still count upon one another's loyalty to Russ.

Please read Ragnar Blackmane amd Emperor's Gift and then get back to me about plot armor.

Read both long ago - unkillable wolves. Who died where - unnamed wolves blood claws/grey hunters/long beards? Maybe I missed some 'BIG' name dying? Let's check - nope. All the smartasses are still kicking biggrin.png

Hope that not sarcasm. I wish we had half as good treatment the DA's got in Angel's of Caliban.

Again how many big names died? ZERO. If you interested - I counted all SW deaths in all the W31-40K novels/shorts/audios from BL since HH.

And they lost in that time on screen 2 Great Wolves, 6 company masters, 6 high rune priests and 10 champions (50% from that list died in Battle for the Fang) on screen, lol - in 9000 years.

also 3210 SWs died 'on screen'.

Sure poor space puppies are so unlikeable. Lol biggrin.png

you consider the importance of a book's impact by how many big names died?

I hate to tell you this but spoiler alert, Abby doesn't die in A D-B's ongoing series. You may want to skip those as he's unkillable.

Poor HeritorA, able to read so much but grasp so little

you consider the importance of a book's impact by how many big names died?

I hate to tell you this but spoiler alert, Abby doesn't die in A D-B's ongoing series. You may want to skip those as he's unkillable.

Poor HeritorA, able to read so much but grasp so little

Wolves in HH suffers cause they are plot armoured in W40K. Even in Wrath of Magnus coming this Saturday they  get it easy (really easy)

At this point I'm unsure if you are trolling, utterly controlled by your bias or just not seeing the complete picture

You are a SW fan, I'm assessing each legion for their deeds and lore and stories - I have no preferences. So for me it seems it's you who are little blindsided with space puppies love

At this point I'm unsure if you are trolling, utterly controlled by your bias or just not seeing the complete picture

You are a SW fan, I'm assessing each legion for their deeds and lore and stories - I have no preferences. So for me it seems it's you who are little blindsided with space puppies love

Im a fan of good stories, first and foremost.

You cannot refer to a faction without using insulting nicknames.

You also say you enjoy any story, regardless of how bad, when the Wolves are killed

Really?

At least you don't have to see half your Legion rebel against your Primarch, then lose most of what remains in a bombastic battle that rips your home planet apart, and casts potential traitors into the warp to reappear sometime in the future and rally the traitor legions against you. Even the novels that are linked to Angels of Caliban, the Chapter takes magnificent losses thanks to Astelan and co's machinations, including a good chunk of the Deathwing and Ravenwing.

I don't think either of the Space Wolves or Dark Angels gets off lightly in the grand scheme of things. At least the Wolves can still count upon one another's loyalty to Russ.

The Lion may get my favorite quote of the Heresy: "Loyalty is its own reward"

You also say you enjoy any story, regardless of how bad, when the Wolves are killed

Really?

Since I can see his quote... @HeritorA HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL

And WLK he isnt worth the time man. He is disingenuous as hell on here..

The Lion may get my favorite quote of the Heresy: "Loyalty is its own reward"

Not to mention all the awesome battles in Angels of Caliban. That book is amazing for DA fans. I want something like that for my Wolves.

Really?

Since I can see his quote... @HeritorA HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL

And WLK he isnt worth the time man. He is disingenuous as hell on here..

Seconded. I try to ignore HeritorA whenever possible. It is unfortunate that he has no respect for other people's favorite factions.

So another "the Wolves get slaughtered and need to be saved by somebody else" story?

Oh joy.

How many is that now? I seem to recall your view of Wolf King was favourable. Does seem that some writers have gone too far with their desire to counter perceived plot armour.

Archived