Titans Unchained - 21st Grand Company IV Legion

Daemon2027

Greetings B&C

2016 was a good hobby year for me. I realised that the fun had gone out of the hobby for me, so I stepped back, and waited for inspiration. I practised my gs skills, read painting turtorials, and put these new skills to good use. I actually painted more last year then I had for a long time, but, in the entire year, I managed just a single power armoured model. I hope to continue this in 2017. I don't plan to rush, for the time being I'm going to be scavenging from old models, and maybe the odd eBay or Forge World purchase, but I don't plan to throw much money at Games Workshop until the Mark III plastic is realeased. Of course, I am only human so there's a chance I might end up buying stuff anyway.

So, Iron Warriors. Picked because they have a cool background and work well with the look I want to go for. I like the idea of siege breakers, so I'm going to be working on the guys who storm the breachs made by the artillery, but as I don't really have a set plan anything could gets added. Another reason is that Ive never been confident in painting metallics, so how better to practise then lots of iron men.

Enough babbling, this is a WIP thread:

31897744312_3b961022b8_z_d.jpg

A veteran marine, armed with a combi flamer for clearing trenches and the like. He was originally built as Death Guard I think, the legs were awful so redid the gs, there are some imperfections, but that was planned battle damage. I'm going to get him undercoated and painting as soon as I can.

Going forward, I'm going to see what I can scavenge and make, plus I have a certain Iron primarch somewhere!

Thanks for looking

Looking good, brother. Glad to hear things are working for you.

Cheers mate, I'm still a slow ass painter, but getting there.

Glad to see you posting again, dude. I've missed your work.

Thanks, hopefully you will like what I make here.

Funny to have two Imperial Fist guys post, they were my other possible choice of Legion, but evil wins out.

Got a solid days painting yesterday, managed to get out of going to my girlfriends family thing. I'm trying to paint up a whole shelf full of models I got last year, but I also worked on my IW Vet. I realise it's not a great pic but it was 23:30 at night and I wanted to come into work early today.

31913923932_4c7276a3b8_z_d.jpg

Obviously missing decals, and weathering and has a lot of glare from my daylight lamp, but hopefully you can get the jist of what I'm going for. Was quite simple, I used Dark and Strong to e on the armour, but I'm thinking of trying oil washes on my next model. The bolted feels a bit plain, however I imagine that the Iorn Warriors mass produce these sort of weapons so it will be no thrills. I need to hit the bronnze with another highlight to. I'm not sold on the hazard lines on the helm either, but that might be because the head is at an angle which throws the lines off when you look at him. Hopefully he will look a bit more finished tonight and I'll see about getting some better pics.

Nice, liking the face-plate.

Thanks, I wanted to try the hazard lines on the face plate since I saw Insane Psychopath donut on some of his IWs

A great start, look forward to seeing how this progresses.

-Noctem

Cheers mate.

Finally put the finishing touches to the first Legionary. I'm fairly happy with the final result, and he didn't take long at all, if he wasn't sharing painting time with a bunch of other models I'd of finished him in a couple of nights. I'd still like to try oil washes on a model to see how that looks. Any way pics

32156741136_708a7ed4fd_z_d.jpg

31384860643_48022903a6_z_d.jpg

32156742846_35f9621790_z_d.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'm going to build my self a photo box when I get round to it.

I had a little hunt for Perturabo and all I could find was his scenic base. You can see where he was attached. In fairness I got him cheap off eBay last year, already built and undercoated, so can't cry to much. I've had a bit of fun painting the scenic base which I might keep as a bit of scenery or large objective, plus I also have Eidolon scenic base which I'm going to paint up to. Not finished but having a lot of fun painting. When I find Perturabo then I might build him a new gaming base.

32194986785_4a0f87d4fd_z_d.jpg

Lastly, after saying no spending, I found sets of the plastic mark III going for 15 quid on eBay, so I brought 2. 20 marines for 30 pounds was an amazing deal, and couldn't be turned down. Added to 5 resign legs I have (which need a fair bit of work), I can build 2 vet squad and a few character, and have some left over. I also have some of the LE terminator models that came out last year, but I might save them for now.

Thanks for looking, C&C always appreciated.

Archived