General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

I don't see why not.

Something I'm wondering regarding the books. Are there going to be example legionnaires like in the FW books? If so, would you guys be open to them being in the style I've done for the Legion color schemes? Although they are in a more "cartoon" style, it would be easier for me to customize them and add different elements than going in and trying to photoshop and cobble together the existing FW style legionnaires.

Yes. Yes!

Thank you all for the encouragement! If there's no objections from Simison, Grifft, or anyone else I'll start doing some variations after I finish the main schemes for the Steel Legion and Predators.

If you have any fluffy suggestions or visual cues that your legionnaires should have, or just an idea for a particularly cool legionnaire, PM me and let me know before I screw up and put inaccurate markings or colors on someone.

No objections here.

http://botl.wikia.com/wiki/Day_of_Revelation

I've started a page about the Day of Revelation and put place holder fluff in the Death of the the bear, underwater madness and the battle of Madrigal until I or someone else can write proper wiki versions of them. But I have a few questions:

1. Where can I find the first part of the Halycon Wardens vs Lightning Bearers fluff, which explains how Icarion reveals his rebellion to them?

2.  Do we have any other information about the DoR that I've missed?

3. I recall Slips or Hesh saying that there were several things wrong with that variant of the Drowned ambush of the Scions. If so, how does that ambush go down?

I've been asked out to give some advice for our neighbors, the Dawn Lords, as an adviser. One of the questions that came up is pricing for unique wargear. It occurs to me that there might be a point limit for unique wargear to separate the value of them and the legion relics.

This is what I learned when I did a survey of the canon legions: "Okay, what's interesting is that half of the unique wargear are specifically built upon or given as an option to the more standard weapons. Anyway, that finished my run. Most common prices are 5 pts, 15 pts, and 20 pts. The Word Bearer's Burning Lore is the single 30 point example."

For relics, the range is 35 points to 50 points. Mode is 40 points. It's some food for thought as we move forward.

TS/RG - 35 points

DA/EC/IW/SWNL/IH/UM/DG/WB - 40 points

AL - 45 points

WS/IF/BA/WE/SoH/Sal - 50 points

A comment on the wiki. I know the current layout for the legions is the same as the books, but I'm not going to follow that. Mostly because I don't want to just repeat what will go in the rulebook. Instead, I'm going to do something more general or what the other 40k wiki has done. 

Also, because I was obsessed/bored, searching 'Alternate Heresy' on Google, the first mention of our project is one of Gwal's deviantArt pics on page 10. I suppose that's the power of Bling in action. Making progress.

Edited by simison

Yeah.!!! I'm a star#!! Bling bling!!! The celebrity here!!! Bling bling bling^^

But on page 5 is a link to am heresy30k thread talking about our project.

By the way: how do I add sites to the wiki?

I have to admit that I never ever wrote in a wiki before.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

@Mikhal: There should be a button that says "add new page" toward the upper right corner.

@simison: That's odd. When I get back home, if you haven't figured it out then I might fiddle around with it. Links are done by highlighting text and hitting the little link icon in the editor, where you can then put in whatever url.

And I'm with Sim here on not necessarily copying the book format. But even if you do follow that style, I think it's important to start off with a broad overview/summary of the legions.

I may be able to give some quick help if I remember, so if you have any questions :)

I'll try and root around for the official wikicode/wikia resources too.

Off the top of my head, writing ==Something== will make Something a level 1 header, === === make level 2 headers and so on

That's a start. ^^

I would like to write something in the center but can't find the button for it. You've seen the litany of the hunt in my thread?

He doesn't accept the paragraphs I made.

Wait...I'll make an appropriate thread.

Ok, before getting carried away with the wiki, we need to come up with a cohesive system for the categories. I've noticed some effort done already (creating an "event" category for Instance) but we need a category for each legion and major force that will be given to each article that has something to do with them

Also, categories in wikia are hierarchical, so each legion category would be part of the larger Legiones Astartes category.

In addition, if you absolutely want to post story format to the wiki, you can, but I'd then create a "story" category for them. On the whole though, I don't think the story format lends itself particularly well to a wiki - I'd strip the information down to the barebones, rather then fluffing it up with too much prose. Have a look at other wikis (40k wikia and lexicanum) to see how they do it :)

Will have a look on the links you've provided. Btw thanks for that. :)

Afterwards, I'll create a category for the Predators stuff.

Is it legible to create a separate one for Yamatar as it covers Knights, Astartes and so on? Or shall I devide it and put House Toho to a Knight category for example?

Can only speak for myself but I'm intending to dive into the backstory of the Predators.

An Example:

The world of Mardum & the shattered Abissi

some infos about climate, background, people, culture, etc to give a glimpse of the Predators origin

Andezo

short summary of his life (currently working on his arrival on Mardum), this can be used as a basement for his background story in our books

keeping the Insurrection stuff rather short in order to keep the reader interested in Andezos book-fluff

Tribes

trying to give every tribe its own character

not an entire backstory but a short summary

Overall I'm more guided by lexicanum than 40k wikia. Lexicanum does provide the most crucial core values and infos about stuff while 40k wikia is much more detailed and fleshed out.

Each page can have many categories so house toho could have the categories questoris knigts, and realm of yamatar (for example)

Similarly, andezo sambedi might have the categories "predators" "primarchs" and "insurrectionists"

Edited by Lord Thørn