Guilliman and Grand Master Voldus

Prot

Now I know that Guilliman has to strike a deal with Cypher, but knowing he's ultimately going to betray the Emperor, why on sweet Terra would he stand by this? Just because Cypher promises a ticket to Terra?

It might be some kind of reveal of secret or order given to him. IE what if the Emp gave him the order to kill him but powers that be have been preventing it for whatever reason. I know that's a long shot but not 100% outside the realm of possibility. As for Voldus allowing his appearance I don't really fully know if he would stop it. It depends how much he knows of the Dark Angels and if he knows/thinks Cypher is a traitor. If he thinks Cypher isn't a traitor and doesn't detect deamons (As GK's are anti Deamon not really Anti Traitor) then he doesn't really have a reason to stop him and will anyways concede to the decision of Robo Girlyman anyways as he's just there as an advisor.

EDIT

As kind of an emphisis of GK's being anti deamon and not Anti Traitor think of the failed task of mind wiping the Space Wolves. Everyone thinks of GK's of the Elite of the Elite and Vs Deamons we've been successful. However our one time Vs another SM Chapter and we failed nearly hands down. It speaks volumes of how specialized we are, we fight Deamons, not other SM's but that's my 2 cents.

Cypher is the lore master of the 1st Legion, and may in fact still be the same person from that time. This means that he has a closer connection to Guilliman than Voldus. As to Voldus' connection to Cypher and Guilliman, Voldus might be a precognitive, although if he was he would be working with Hyperion rather than leading the 3rd Brotherhood. Guess we need to just wait and see. One thing we do know for sure, however ... the Unforgiven will be at war with the Sons of Guilliman.

SJ

I was pondering what a Gathering Storm style mixed detachment including GKs might look like, and I suddenly had a flashback to Codex: Daemonhunters - GKs, Inquisition, "Allied Space Marines", Astra Militarum as "Inducted Imperial Guard" and Militarum Tempestum as " Inquisitorial Stormtroopers". It's actually quite plausible as it mirrors the Castellans detachment from GS1, with GKs replacing SoB, and would give me a nice nostalgic glow...

It also opens the possibility of an "Alienhunters" detachment with Deathwatch in the Chamber Militant role later on.

The Gk's historically have always been able to point out agents of chaos easily. To me this points more to Cypher being free of warp taint, which is an astounding thing if true.  Think back to Uriel Ventris' return to imperial space, the GKs were able to screen and test him rather easily and with enough certainty to return him to active service with his chapter.

I know one thing for vertain though with our new grand master, I will be buying that gorgeous model for my army. ^_^

=D=

The Gk's historically have always been able to point out agents of chaos easily. To me this points more to Cypher being free of warp taint, which is an astounding thing if true. Think back to Uriel Ventris' return to imperial space, the GKs were able to screen and test him rather easily and with enough certainty to return him to active service with his chapter.

I know one thing for vertain though with our new grand master, I will be buying that gorgeous model for my army. happy.png

=D=

so I'm thinking that this may be like Greyfox, she wants to shoot everyone in the face so badly but is unable to due to circumstances.

Some rumors from Faeit. Some of it is quite weird, so apply the appropriate amount of salt. 

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2017/03/details-for-this-weeks-pre-orders.html

Triumviate of the Primarch - 90$
-3 Models, Guilliman, Cypher and Grand Master Voldus.
-Guilliman comes with the Armour of Fate, the Hand of Dominion and The Emperors Sword. All Friendly units can Reroll failed leadership checks. Guilliman has ALL command Traits.
-Cypher comes with Eternal warrior, fleet, infiltrate and shrouded
-Voldus hammer works as a conduit for his psychic powers

Gathering Storm: Rise of the Primarch - 50$
-Datasheets for the Triumvirate of the Primarch
- Formations to field the Fallen, the Grey Knights Bulwark of Purity, the Victrix Guard of the Ultramarines and the Triumvirate of the primarch
-Daemonic Adversaries - Special rules to field grey knights that are not daemons.

That is what everyone is trying to figure out. It makes no sense. "Special rules to field grey knights that are not deamons" doesn't make any sense. 

What is more likely is that there's a formation that might give Grey Knight buffs to allies of the Imperium if the Grey Knights are within X inches of friendly Imperium units. So a blanket Aegis, or P. Enemy: Deamons to allies. 

Just spit balling here. We will know soon enough I am sure. 

I wonder if it isn't the same as from the 2001 codex? In the back of the book there was an army list entry for your opponents giving them the ability to field certain possessed units or even greater daemons. It was a little fluff edition meant for friendly games and some justification to play GKs against other armies.

=D=

Eh, I'm betting it's something to allow somebody playing a non-Daemon army against forces with Grey Knights to ally in a Daemon formation or something along those lines.

As mentioned, that rule would allow the battle to make sense thematically and lore-wise. But how many players would actually use that "benefit"? Opponent: "Your army has Grey Knights huh? Great, now I'll spend points and make part of my army Daemons and throw them at you!!"

I guess that's a "buff" for the army that has GKs...But not really the buff us GK players were wanting..

"Voldus hammer acts as a conduit for his psychic powers"

So, a bit like a...

...force weapon??

Maybe automatic Hammerhand, or automatic Force, or +1 WC who knows.

I took this to mean he is the greatest Psyker of the Grey Knights, not all-around greatest. After all, he is basically the Chief Librarian.

Which means he should theoretically be the best Imperial psyker so far...but who knows.

I took this to mean he is the greatest Psyker of the Grey Knights, not all-around greatest. After all, he is basically the Chief Librarian.

Which means he should theoretically be the best Imperial psyker so far...but who knows.

Those were my initial thoughts as well. And seems to be confirmed here:

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-most-powerful-living-psyker-of-grey.html?m=1

It would only make sense for him to be the best Psyker in the imperium, seeing as the GK are the psykers of the psykers lol. I am really hoping for ML4 as Eldar, CSM and Chaos each have at least an ML4. Although I can't imagine the price tag (points wise) for an ML4 GK. I shudder at the thought, especially if he has a Grandmaster stat line...

Archived