Guilliman and Grand Master Voldus

Prot

Rumor is 350 for Guilliman.

I think he warrants a look into, but I wonder if he'll be able to catch anything in combat if he is only a normal MC.

True but the synergy and bonuses he brings for ultramarines are worth the 350 without his melee capabilities.

This guy will make the eldars and the wraithknight look like regular gardsmen compared to ultramarines again.

Got rules Voldus is 250, non-Unwieldy Daemon Hammer, ML 3. Gets an extra power from Sanctic only. Frag, Krak, Psykout Grenades.

any news on stats? Regularly GM or anything different? And the extra power, is that IF he takes sanctic, it is that all hes allowed to choose from? And any rules to confirm his super psychic-ness?

His price I find is good though. Only 20 points more than a GM with liber and hammer. But gets extra ML, and a better hammer.

Got rules Voldus is 250, non-Unwieldy Daemon Hammer, ML 3. Gets an extra power from Sanctic only. Frag, Krak, Psykout Grenades.

I hope youre trolling, that is extremely underwheliming especially for 250pts.

An ML3 grand master with a regular hammer would be around 220, and draigo with his ML2 and strength 7 at init is almost 250 so it would be consistent with the existing codex.

And still woefully undertuned for these current triumvarates.

Greyfax, the eldar characters, cypher with reprinted rules?

Celestine and Cawl have been the standouts so far and I think that may have been at least in part due to the GW designers having nothing to really pin them to in terms of existing unit/wargear costs.

With Voldus an ML3 grand master with a hammer is something you can readily price up in the book, and the book units aren't cheap.

An ML3 grand master with a regular hammer would be around 220, and draigo with his ML2 and strength 7 at init is almost 250 so it would be consistent with the existing codex.

If I wanted that I could have just kit bashed one and used the codex + relics.

Missed opportunity

Look at what the TS can do now we should be rivalling them

any news on stats? Regularly GM or anything different? And the extra power, is that IF he takes sanctic, it is that all hes allowed to choose from? And any rules to confirm his super psychic-ness?

His price I find is good though. Only 20 points more than a GM with liber and hammer. But gets extra ML, and a better hammer.

He has access to the new Marine powers as well I believe. Pretty sure normal GM stats. (Don't own GK codex)

Oh man, they actually made him cost more than Draigo!

First impressions is that I'll literally have to bench Draigo OR a Dreadknight + ML from one Libby. I dunno about that trade.

Sure it's really good we finally have an AP2 ccw that strikes at Initiative, that isnt a Draigo or a Dreadknight...but not at the COST of dropping either one of them lmao. Ill have to think about this for a bit...does he buff Grey Knights though? 250 points for a model that still only has 4++ is kinda iffy...he's competing with Draigo who already has 3++ and EW, or a DK who is even more killy but can move 12"/30" and doesnt need a unit for protection. For ML3, regular libby's already give you that at only 135 points, for being less killy or tough than this new GM libby - but you protect them by putting them in units anyway.  

I like the model, probably will get - but sort of sad I'll have to drop Draigo/Dreadknight for an optimised army list. No paladin buffs huh?

If I wanted that I could have just kit bashed one and used the codex + relics.

Missed opportunity

Look at what the TS can do now we should be rivalling them

Our Grey Knight's psychic prowess hasn't improved since our codex (2014). It would have been nice that after 3 years (especially after TS) we got something that puts us right on the heels of psychic Eldar/TS (since EVERYONE in our army IS a PSYKER /rant)...

Something people seem to have missed is Voldus has access to the Angels of Death disciplines. There are some very nice mobility powers there. 

Majority of posters on this board feel that regular GK libby's already have the option of AoD disciplines. In their meta, local store or house games they have house ruled that it is A-okay. If you dont do that, it's fine no reason to go into details why (prohibited even).  Tournament-level, sure that's an "official" buff to your GK army but at that level your army list would have to be lean-and-mean, and as said, he costs more than Draigo or a dreadknight...and it comes to down to a serious, "would you rather have..."?

Anyway, what people have been saying here is that Voldus is not an auto-include (which is perfectly fine), but nor is he even necessarily a "good deal" for your army, because let's be honest at 250 points your going to have make some serious cuts in your lists...and it might not be worth it. 

And still woefully undertuned for these current triumvarates.

Greyfax, the eldar characters, cypher with reprinted rules?

Celestine and Cawl have been the standouts so far and I think that may have been at least in part due to the GW designers having nothing to really pin them to in terms of existing unit/wargear costs.

With Voldus an ML3 grand master with a hammer is something you can readily price up in the book, and the book units aren't cheap.

I see the logic of his points based from the Codex GM and then you add in the extras...but the GM was the WEAKER choice of the HQ options in our especially points starved army. Hardly anyone uses GMs unless its for friendly games, forget Tournament-level.

Three years on, when GW is releasing GK's first-ever plastic special character, it's not the best idea to scale his points to the HQ that was considered over-shadowed, and over-costed, in it's own codex - at the very beginning. Maybe if the fully-kitted out GM was a near staple in every GK army (such as the Libby, DK or Draigo), you could make some sense in thinking well I'll just drop the GM for the better geared Voldus, but in this 7th edition - the fully kitted out GM simply have no competitive place in a 1850-2k point GK army...so by extension a much more expensive Voldus is hard sell to begin with...

The sky isn't falling yet for me... Sure if those are his stats, kind of underwhelming relative to the others... but we don't know what special rules he's bringing to the table. Sure you could imagine having a GM ML3 with a hammer for 220 points, but if he is 250, I'm sure those extra 30 points have some special rules that haven't been posted yet. I mean cmon, at 5 points more than Draigo, he's gonna bring some sort of Psychic pain to the enemy.

Hope is not lost!

Sure you could imagine having a GM ML3 with a hammer for 220 points, but if he is 250, I'm sure those extra 30 points have some special rules that haven't been posted yet. I mean cmon, at 5 points more than Draigo, he's gonna bring some sort of Psychic pain to the enemy.

Hope is not lost!

Well those extra 30 points may come with the special silver bullet that makes Voldus great if not awesome, my posts are based on him being as he currently is. Which im working on in coming to terms with, but if he has more to bring I'll certainly welcome it.

Sure you could imagine having a GM ML3 with a hammer for 220 points, but if he is 250, I'm sure those extra 30 points have some special rules that haven't been posted yet. I mean cmon, at 5 points more than Draigo, he's gonna bring some sort of Psychic pain to the enemy.

Hope is not lost!

Well those extra 30 points may come with the special silver bullet that makes Voldus great if not awesome, my posts are based on him being as he currently is. Which im working on in coming to terms with, but if he has more to bring I'll certainly welcome it.
Yeah, if he doesn't come with that silver bullet, I'll be right with you.. my initial reaction was like.. "That's it!?"... shoot, I'll prob nerdrage all the way to Nottingham on foot if he doesn't have something awesome lol but to be fair, I'm very curious what his master crafted hammer is going to do, as they called it a "conduit for his powers".

As a side note, if he is given explicit access to the AoD powers that would also be a welcome option for him. Imagine him with Might of Heroes in CC... lol obnoxious!!

Hope is not lost!

Yeah, if he doesn't come with that silver bullet, I'll be right with you.. my initial reaction was like.. "That's it!?"... shoot, I'll prob nerdrage all the way to Nottingham on foot if he doesn't have something awesome lol but to be fair, I'm very curious what his master crafted hammer is going to do, as they called it a "conduit for his powers".

As a side note, if he is given explicit access to the AoD powers that would also be a welcome option for him. Imagine him with Might of Heroes in CC... lol obnoxious!!

Grey Knights can already use AoD powers though. Unless you are hoping that he comes with preset AoD powers.

Archived