Heresy Weekender News and Discussion

helterskelter

Ok, so I got the talon of the emperor and 1k sons page scans from imgur, whose got the page scans for wolves?

As a side note, i dont have a page for talon of the emperor that states how to construct an army for it, and all the classifications (eg troops, hq etc) are missing. I want to ally a force in, can anyone clarify this stuff for me please? :D

So... does it bother anyone else that any random TS Praetor is just as psychically powerful as Lorgar Transfigured High Priest of the Pantheon? Same mastery level complete with harnessing warp charges on a 3+

I hope Lorgar gets a buff before the end of the series, because fluff-wise I would have thought that a guy Primarch who rips Thunderhawks out of the air, tanks a warhound titan, and literally writes the book on Chaos sorcery that indoctrinates all the other primarchs save Magnus would be better than some random TS legionary commander. Not trying to be petulant, but it just seems strange to me. Overall the TS rules seem rather disgustingly unbalanced when I compare them to WB rules (For example, as I understand it, any TS character can get mastery level 1 and a force weapon for less than cost of Burning Lore (which is inferior in every way - limited to only a few disciplines, and only available to Chaplains, Diabolists, and Praetors). I'm not that familiar with other legions' rules, so maybe WB are just weak in general - but in a direct comparison between WB and TS, there seems to be a huge power difference.

LOL - they're both red, maybe I should switch allegiances tongue.png

EDIT: I know that TS have a few minor drawbacks (the -1 penalty if all their ICs get killed), but Word Bearers have to pay a Chaplain tax and can never take more than one support officer - and their morale bump is super-minor compared to the Psychic-God-Mode TS are getting... it worries me and seems like power creep hit in a big way. I really hope my first impressions are wrong.

EDIT2: Because some people have taken sentences out of context, I feel the need to clarify: I do NOT think that Lorgar NEEDs a buff. My statements are meant to convey the sentiment that I think Generic Characters should not have Primarch-Level abilities - and if generic characters do start having primarch-level abilities, then I think primarchs should be buffed since Primarchs should be > generic legionaries.

Wolves and 1kSons just break up the NL, AL, RG triforce of Alpha strike and cover saves, but seem pretty weak against any of the more traditional Legion lists, Mech, and SA lists. I'm actually very concerned about in game viability. Also Wolves don't have counter attack its conditional on having already won a round of combat, after charging or being charged.

Wolves and 1kSons just break up the NL, AL, RG triforce of Alpha strike and cover saves, but seem pretty weak against any of the more traditional Legion lists, Mech, and SA lists. I'm actually very concerned about in game viability. Also Wolves don't have counter attack its conditional on having already won a round of combat, after charging or being charged.

No, they have counter attack.

Again thanks for all the info and posts.

Ksons were my very first war band and between the Tzeentch and 40 k releases and now this....I am one happy little sorcerer today.

Also the Mechanicum stuff is great ... there is even a frigging Volkite Dune Crawler! What I have seen from the Titanicus previews so far, the book at least seems, well, EPIC :)

Is there any info what the Occult Blade and those minor cults cover - I know the minor ones are not covered in game rules, but is there any detail fluffwise? We know what the Order of Ruin does from the Ahriman books. Really keen on reading what the Legion was in it's glory days!

The wolves have gotten such rules that I as a night Lords player actively fear playing a wolf army. So you may not have all your shinies yet. Basically own the battlefield.

Having to have a serious rethink in light of inferno

Yea I'm also worried about the viability of existing legions when compared to 1ksons and wolves. Unfortunately i don't have inferno in front of  me so I'm just going by what I've heard so far.

Vs wolves we need all the guns. Nasty ones at that. Phosphex rapier, medusa, scorpius whirlwind, all the plasma you can shake a stick at. Unless you're a WE player and are redoing night of the Wolf. I want to see that battle report and the bucket of dice required to play it.

Vs 1ksons it's more a case of take out the HQ fast. If they're stuck in transports they can't do squat but as soon as they're on the table they need to die. The rest can be dealt with in the usual fashion to a degree shoot the guys with swords, chop the guys with guns, watch for their cult and hope no one runs magnus. No hiding from magnus.

Vs Talons it's either quality or quantity I think. Drown the low numbers in bodies and they can only kill so many, or invest in some nice killy weapons and go balls to the wall with it.

A little more planning is required than usual now but we're all going to have fun.

And my Atramentar will have to show those custodes the meaning of deep strike :p

So... does it bother anyone else that any random TS Praetor is just as psychically powerful as Lorgar Transfigured High Priest of the Pantheon? Same mastery level complete with harnessing warp charges on a 3+

I hope Lorgar gets a buff before the end of the series, because fluff-wise I would have thought that a guy Primarch who rips Thunderhawks out of the air, tanks a warhound titan, and literally writes the book on Chaos sorcery that indoctrinates all the other primarchs save Magnus would be better than some random TS legionary commander.

Ye as a wb player I saw this and let out a yelp. I've always thought Lorgar trans should gain slightly boosted stats and lvl 4. nothing crazy just enough to show his change in character and understanding of the warp/chaos. Tbh it's a tale across Wb rules in general as erebus should be better in my eyes.

Looks like plastic unofficially confirmed. A sorry we can't talk about that statement

OMG

Where are you getting that from (both statements for that matter)?

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/2017/02/forge-world-can-not-talk-about.html

Basically at the seminar Forge World was allowed to talk about all of their unreleased models that show up in the book, but when asked about that Thunderhawk in particular they couldn't say anything about it. This implies that it isn't actually their model which implies it is a GW Prime model

No rules for Bjorn nor Gunnar Gunnhilt? Curious, I was expecting them. Ahriman and Amon get rules though.

Thats because neither of them were a "big deal" at the time of Prospero... Yet oddly Geigor and Red-Knife who nobody has heard of (except geigor from BoP) are somehow big deals...

Odd that, why not Ogval, Otho Wyrdmake, Aeska Brokenlip, Bulveye??

Fw does what FW does, they have a reason behind it.

It's true that Bjorn wasn't a big deal at Prospero (a random guy of Tra) but Gunnar was the first captain of the legion and close to Russ IIRC. Anyway some of my favourite characters are the ones they invented (Kyr Vhalen, Endryd Harr, Autek Mor) so I got no problem with new ones. Probably they will include Bjorn later as they did with Garro and Meduson.

Kasper Hawser rules would have been another option laugh.png

Vs wolves we need all the guns. Nasty ones at that. Phosphex rapier, medusa, scorpius whirlwind, all the plasma you can shake a stick at. Unless you're a WE player and are redoing night of the Wolf. I want to see that battle report and the bucket of dice required to play it.

Vs 1ksons it's more a case of take out the HQ fast. If they're stuck in transports they can't do squat but as soon as they're on the table they need to die. The rest can be dealt with in the usual fashion to a degree shoot the guys with swords, chop the guys with guns, watch for their cult and hope no one runs magnus. No hiding from magnus.

Vs Talons it's either quality or quantity I think. Drown the low numbers in bodies and they can only kill so many, or invest in some nice killy weapons and go balls to the wall with it.

A little more planning is required than usual now but we're all going to have fun.

And my Atramentar will have to show those custodes the meaning of deep strike tongue.png

Sucks because I was so used to being able to get away with just using terror squads.

Terror sqds increased in value. You can still drop pod and prefered enemy volkite away all the juice infantry units.

And that drop levi just increased invalue.

Ignore night fight doesn't bypass stealth or shrouding or ordinary cover. And wolves charging into cover are at -3 to the dice roll. Assault armies are actually pretty easy to play against.

Terror squads hold the same value, they're still only doing what they were before.

And it's not the assaulting facet that's the problem, it's the ranged weapons that now can hit you with good line of sight, where as before you could have a cheeky run through the open and have reasonable survivability as long as it was still dark.

Kills NL charge bonuses as well because we only got those as long as it was night. And those effects are ignored.

Not sure where the lamentation of NL players is coming from. Our infiltrate game wasn't that strong as terror marines aren't alpha strikey. The biggest cover save shenanigans came from curze, which isn't dependent on night fight, so you can still have an extremely annoying cover save on a blob. And unless wolves literally say "opponents get no benefit at all for night fight" then you still get the initiative and run bonus of terror assault; having night vision doesn't make it stop being night time. Honestly, nothing changes; you can still infiltrate out of fire lanes, you can still make filler terror pods to get the good stuff turn 1, curze still gives a really annoying cover save, you still get fast during terror assault, you still have gang up. We're good fam

Preternatural senses: may ignore the effects of night fighting.

The bonus to the initiative happens at night. Which is ignored.

There's no lamentation at all by the way? Wouldn't read too much into plain text I'm just saying the way to play needs to be altered to suit a little better.

Haven't made one woe is me post.

Archived