Heresy Weekender News and Discussion

helterskelter

In regards to TS, I can make a loyalist army with magnus at its head as far as I can tell... None of their units actually say traitor only which is interesting.

At the time they weren't fighting for horus and still technically aren't where black library are up to, so with another technicality they arent traitors yet. Thus no eyes or eagles for them?

Preternatural senses: may ignore the effects of night fighting.

The bonus to the initiative happens at night. Which is ignored.

There's no lamentation at all by the way? Wouldn't read too much into plain text I'm just saying the way to play needs to be altered to suit a little better.

Haven't made one woe is me post.

Wouldn't wolves just ignore the negative effects to them, rather than negating the positive effects to night Lords?

Hmm, some cool stuff.

1. Regarding the Magnus tears. If you bring Primarchs to a competitive game, expect dickery. Thats not FW's fault, its Invisibility's fault.

2. The TS's stuff looks solid.

3. The Custodes stuff looks super great. 

4. That Sisters vehicle? Weird! lol

All in all, some filling in on some units, some great new models, new factions, and some OP rule sets, all to be as expected.

Preternatural senses: may ignore the effects of night fighting.

The bonus to the initiative happens at night. Which is ignored.

There's no lamentation at all by the way? Wouldn't read too much into plain text I'm just saying the way to play needs to be altered to suit a little better.

Haven't made one woe is me post.

Wouldn't wolves just ignore the negative effects to them, rather than negating the positive effects to night Lords?

To be honest I'm over thinking it now. It made sense in my head :p

The Magnus debacle is fws fault. You don't create a uber-psyker without taking the powers he uses into account. For a book that's been in the works forever,they really dropped the ball with Magnus.

No, I disagree. If you play 30K like 40K is played, aka full of deathstars that completely disregard the spirit of the game, then yes at very high points limits its going to be a problem.

At reasonable games, between reasonable players? Its not.

Lets not pretend that Russ is not super strong in Melee as well.

Magnus, as the most psychically attuned Primarch, is insanely powerful if his powers are not countered. News, at 11.

The Magnus debacle is fws fault. You don't create a uber-psyker without taking the powers he uses into account. For a book that's been in the works forever,they really dropped the ball with Magnus.

Dude, you keep complaining about Magnus.

You complaine about the chance that he rolls invisibility, and that it goes off, which can be denied.

Meanwhile, Russ' armor flat out means WS4 models cannot hit him after a turn. No way to counter short of staying out of b2b contact.

At least you have a chance to stop Magnus.

They are both really powerful.

What is that even supposed to mean? One of the most common way of taking a primarch is by putting them with a bunch of cataphractii inside a spartan. Instant deathstar. Is it unfluffy to cast psychic powers as magnus, the second most powerful imperial psycher? Is 2500 a very high point limit? How is any of this "not the way 30k is supposed to be played"? IDK man, don't hold it against your opponent for using a combo that isn't even janky or dependant on shenanigans; forgeworld drops the ball with primarchs and absurdities, but just like horus' armour and Lorgar with invisible and terrify in 6th they'll fix it

It's important to note that Russ's armpour only affects models (not units) in base contact. So anybody who's merely within 2" of the pot chump who is in bob contact can strike with impunity. A canny player will be able to circumvent his armour with careful placement

Magnus on the other hand has a 5/6 chance to land invisibility, which makes him literally untouchable. He casts on a 3+ and will always have more power dice than his opponent.

It's important to note that Russ's armpour only affects models (not units) in base contact. So anybody who's merely within 2" of the pot chump who is in bob contact can strike with impunity. A canny player will be able to circumvent his armour with careful placement

Magnus on the other hand has a 5/6 chance to land invisibility, which makes him literally untouchable. He casts on a 3+ and will always have more power dice than his opponent.

And costs how much with a 25% LoW limit again?

There is no cost justification for something that cannot be killed without the express presence of SoS.

Plus he's what, 40 points over Russ? Not that much. Especially if you're like me and want to run Russ' Wolfkin.

I'm glad I went with the new larger bases now!!

I think where he's going to be a beast is in a challenge and my little Lorgar isn't going anywhere near him!

You can take him as an HQ in the Crimson RoW, and it gives him Deepstrike. The minimum points for it is 1,005. And while he has a 5/6 chance for invis, it's Thousand Sons, theres a lot of psykers fishing for invis. Use them to get it first then pour Magnus powers into cover-ignoring D blasts.

Archived