+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Will a Stormhawk or Corvus canopy fit on a Stormraven easily?

Not sure about the Corvus, but not the Stormraven.  The canopy on that is long and houses the nose guns.  I've not seen a way that it could fit.  Works great on the talons though.

Corvus cockpit wouldn't fit without some serious cutting and even then I don't think there's enough of it to cover the whole gap. The other issue is that it is solid plastic rather than transparent so wouldn't aid in the quest of seeing more of the interior detail.

I think some of the painted canopy effects people do are pretty cool, but I prefer to be able see the pilots in my flyers.

Okay, first WiP:

Basecoated the tomatoes tornados today, and started the first. Still a lot to do, but the general appearance should be visible. The cockpit cover is magnetized, but haven't laid a brush on the pilot or interior yet. Crappy cellphone picture, beware...

a20170221_225229z2s12.jpg

I, ltvyper, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete my Land Speeder Storm by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

http://i.imgur.com/IENAwhm.jpg

Also I ordered some stuff from Forgeworld, hopefully it arrives in time for me to use on this project and coming projects :cool.:

http://i.imgur.com/CboxCNT.jpg

Classic me to wait until ~3 weeks after the challenge starts to pledge. I only managed to get my Raven Guard finished 10 years ago by being under a deadline, I expect nothing has change, so this challenge will be good for me. :devil:

Ok, so my 2nd RG Raven is now completed.

That should be my second completion.

Next up, a basic speeder, and hopefully 2 Storms.  Will pledge it later on though, need to find everything to make sure I stand half a chance.

Ok gang, vows added (welcome Itvyper!) and updated.

Lots of WIP posted and that's great :tu:  Just over 1.5 months left in this event and lots of first completions are needed (myself included, BUT I'M CLOSE!).  I'll work up a "most completed" banner soon and maybe a vertical one like in my sig, if you want one?

Although not explicitly declared in the OP, you can vow anytime, it's the completions that matter ^_^

Get painting!

Ok gang, vows added (welcome Itvyper!) and updated.

Lots of WIP posted and that's great :thumbsup:  Just over 1.5 months left in this event and lots of first completions are needed (myself included, BUT I'M CLOSE!).  I'll work up a "most completed" banner soon and maybe a vertical one like in my sig, if you want one?

Although not explicitly declared in the OP, you can vow anytime, it's the completions that matter :happy.:

Get painting!

I'm being extremely restrained and forcing myself to finish another 10 infantry before rewarding myself with the 1st part of my vow, Raven Guard Contemptor. Expect to see some WIP shots next week!

Cheers,

Valaas

Nice and clean there Race!!  I really should start buying some new transports.  Are those the Forgeworld turrets, or from Kromlech?

Fair play.  I was thinking I might get the Kromlech Assault Cannon ones.  But then I think they work out the same, both in price and time.  Not sure.  The FW 12.5% postage is annoying lol.

Archived