8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

I only see two BT questions we need more zeal on that QnA. smile.png

--------

Wait are we not allowed to post our opinions so long as they are not directly attacking another poster via inflammatory comments. Posting that you are not happy with the choice that GW has made should not be in issue.

I don't think I have seen anyone attacking a fellow forum member or try to insight hatred to other factions. Some of the new lore and fluff is silly and GW is trying to justify what they are doing.

----------

I also reached out to a "contact" ya I can't name the person and he seemed very positive the current Dev team is doing the best they can to improve the game including all the forces. That would include our Black Templars. Coming from this contact made me feel better about what is being made.

It also might not be a bad idea for all of whom have a FB account find and "like" the BT related question to show our support.

Little by little people are posting BT related questions. rolleyesclean.gif

Done! I'll tell you what...i am sad to see the death of null deployment drop pod armies. It was my favorite archetype.

Just going to say it now: crying about new releases without seeing the full rules, points costs and limitations means you can't go on he next crusade.

That includes the Primaris marines.

My hope for those new guys is that it leads us into a splintered Imperium locked in a civil war over who truly follows the Emperor's vision (answer: it's the Black Templars of course, but the setting is full of sore losers) as the Inquisition gets riled p over the tampering of the Emperor's designs and many chapters question the potential heresy.

Well we don't know if the drop pod as rules that still allow SM armies to work the same with a all drop list.  Even if they don't it is better for game design stand point that it all works the same as primary game element.  This will also changes how people DS as you will not be in range for standard meltas bonus needing to be 9" or more from the enemy.  But with the change to what Melta half range does this is not that big of an issue.

This will be changing the game I think for the better as it should force people to think a little more.

Deep Striking flamer units will take a hit from these rule changes.

I think there's something said about only having 50% of the army in reserve for matched play ? An all drop pod army seems out of the question.

That's the core rule, but it doesn't mean Drop Pods can't have a rule that negates that.

I mean you could ignore that rule during 5th....

Oh wow d3m01it0n that is very interesting.  But that "maybe" could be the guy going what the heck are vows?  Sure I will type maybe as I have no clue.  We know about all the BT stuff but at this point most people don't and with the codex being gone for a few years a lot of people have either forgotten or never played against that codex.

What do you all think are they done with the rules are still finishing some of the elements?

I'm curious if we see walkers being able to use flamers in CC just infantry can use pistols?

PS: MAC auto correct is a pain in the backside as it does not just try to correct a misspelling but changes words that spelled correctly to what it feels the word should be.  I think the Inquisition is hiding in my MAC auto correct.

Kinda weird for Heavy Weapons team in the guard... in a real life sort of scenario...

It makes sense for Space Marines and similar, since they're massive walking tanks themselves, but for Guardsmen to be able to unpack and redeploy their Heavy Weapons on the move, that's pretty impressive.

Drill, baby, drill... it's like the US' monotask infantrymen: you get really good at moving the one switch ;)

Many answers invole "We will see when.." or "We have not found out yet.." but I am very happy with the love given to the Trygon, the special rule for arrival from "Tactical Reserve" is fantastic, it bodes well for reserves, we will find out how our drop pod works when we get a transport article. 

The special rules on a units datacard makes me think we will get unit specific "Vows", or maybe Faction "Vows".

Death has a new way of coming for the weak of will, units not arrived by turn three are counted as destroyed.

I am hoping our Drop pod gets the following.

Turns up at the end of a movement phase you choose (Trygon)

-1 to BS roll to shoot at unit disembarking due to all the dust and rock and dead enemies thrown into the air by the enormous impact of our holy Drop Pod.

So a couple of things from the vehicle article:

1. Units that attack vehicle risk being run over in close combat.

2. Tank Shock was replaced by letting vehicles charge.

The second one is extra important as you can have your Crusaders crusade from their Crusade which proceeds to lead the crusade into combat and protecting your guys from being shot in the face.

This may be the best new option in the new edition in my book.

I like the rules-simplification, i utterly dislike what pictures this creates in my head. Imagine a Predator, ZEALously running over an Ork, stopping in place and revving back and forth to hit that one grot that escaped the initial charge with its nimble little xenos-filth-legs while the pintle gunner yells "MORE TO THE LEFT! TO THE RIGHT! LEFT! RIGHT! RAAAAAAAAAWR!" instead of plain shooting the wretch in the face with a stormbolter -.-

No. Don't like that. And (so far it has not been stated otherwise) it is to be assumed that vehicles can't shoot after falling back from cc, just like everyone else.

I like the rules-simplification, i utterly dislike what pictures this creates in my head. Imagine a Predator, ZEALously running over an Ork, stopping in place and revving back and forth to hit that one grot that escaped the initial charge with its nimble little xenos-filth-legs. No. Don't like that. And (so far it has not been stated otherwise) it is to be assumed that vehicles can't shoot after falling back from cc, just like everyone else.

Eh, the Predator would most likely try spinning in place to try and catch the little snot.

Full rules might give things with the vehicle rule an exception to the fallback, or perhaps PotMS will do that.

I mean I can accept it if we aren't exempt on our tanks falling back, but if we,re doing it right we shouldn't need to fall back but instead be slating heretics in every direction.

...so wait... I ram another tank with my Land Raider... and there's a high chance I'll miss???

Great... that's just great... just like shooting at a Baneblade with a Meltagun and getting a 2 to Hit... how can you miss????

edit: also, does that mean if I Fall Back from an enemy that was Assaulting me, that I don't get to do anything with my vehicle next turn, including disembarking?

...so wait... I ram another tank with my Land Raider... and there's a high chance I'll miss???

Great... that's just great... just like shooting at a Baneblade with a Meltagun and getting a 2 to Hit... how can you miss????

edit: also, does that mean if I Fall Back from an enemy that was Assaulting me, that I don't get to do anything with my vehicle next turn, including disembarking?

As you go to ram they make a tactical manuever to evade.

So far I got using Unwieldy weapons first in a charge drops your WS (you essentially snap shot in melee) or you can go last at regular WS. At least I think that's what I heard, and sounds fair.

Second was the keyword system, encouraging going into specific chapters to unlock their benefits. Acting more like a talent tree in a way.

Where did you hear that about unwieldy?

I believe the question in the Q&A was something like "How will weapons that affect Initiative work in charges and combat?"

They've got strong accents and my gf was snoring but that's what I thought I heard lol

EDIT: I just read the transcript, it's just -1 to hit.

Nicked from Dakka:

> Primaris Marines can be made from preexisting Marines.
> Blood Angel Primaris Marines are still affected by Red Thirst (and potentially Black Rage).
> Mk IX Armour is a mystery. What happened to it? They aren't telling us (yet).
> Guilliman *might* make some changes to the Codex Astartes.
> Primaris Marines are more resilient to Chaos, but can potentially be corrupted by chaos still 6d3c0a908a3861135dfaebde91c0ecf6.gif.
> More Primarchs will return (a cowled one, so Mortarion most likely).

> Consolidating into Combat.
> Power Fists and the like are -1 To Hit.
> You can either pick psychic powers from the chart or roll (like in Age of Sigmar).
> Perils of the Warp cuases Mortal Wounds.
> There's no amry specific Detachments - only army specific stratagems. Basic Detachments apparently cover everything already.
> Imperial Fist stratagem can make them better at shooting. White Scars can us a stratgem to Hit & Run.
> Factions can also use their Command Points before deployment to change how their army is constructed (?).
> Unqiue Strategems are based on main Keywords in your Detachments.
> Tactical Reserves is NOT supersceded by any army rules.
> Characters can still travel in tranports with other units.
> Transports can carry multiple units.
> What can be transported is based on Keywords (like Infantry).
> How to keep characters safe: Almost all Command Squads have rules that allows them to intercept wounds from characters.
> Drop Pods: they and the units they contain must be over 9" away from enemies when deployed.
> Grav hasn't neccerssarily be toned down, but it should still be balanced.
> Invulnerable saves work basically the same as they do now.
> Many armies have abilities that allows them to save wounds after Armour or Invulnerable saves (Dark Eldar get Power From Pain, Disgustingly Resilient for Nurgle Daemons). These saves occur after damage, so if an attack causes 5 damage you need to make 5 seperate secondary saves.
> Defender decides casualties - no longer directional.
> Primaris Marines and normal Marines tend to have different functions (Tacticals vs Intercessor are used as an example).
> Mix between totally new psychic powers and adaptation of pre-existing and classic powers (though they may function differently).
> Terminators are going to feel like Terminators.

> They will collect feedback through Facebook and eventually through the Warhammer Community site where everyone can vote on it. Also feedback through events and Twitch.tv.
> GW will still be involved with the tournament scene, especially with major tournaments. Apparently they're going to be involved more.
> They will continue to playtest the game post-release, both for Matched and Narrative standpoints.

> Pete Foley does, indeed, thin his paints.

Archived