Blackadder's Attempt To Build a Lucius Patten Imperator

Blackadder

Detail of the legs and the 8 deck levels at the rear of the superstructure.

Alright we'll begin with the rear maintenance lower decks of which there will be four.

The bottom two will be for the reactor core which will look like the Warlords reactor 

The three blue pipes are for the cooling system (glowing blue due to Cherenkov Radiation) the four vents two on either side are the heat exhaust ports...

59eLIai.jpg
59eLIail.jpg

The octagonal shin below the knee joint mount has eight cathedral windows and will have four ball turret triple laser cannons

loTHDOd.jpg
loTHDOdl.jpg

Everything is lining up and coming out as if it were planned; go figure!!!

Thanks for the replies...

In my previous post I mentioned how everything was coming together almost as if it were planned...

Nothing could be further from the truth; witness the large blank area at the rear of this Titan.

MQ5XFaH.jpg
MQ5XFaHl.jpg

There was very little to go on in many areas of the rear elevation. Constant studying gave a glimmer of the detail.

WRdyxAO.jpg
WRdyxAOl.jpg

And how easily they could be reproduced with virtually no modification to the existing structure. 

LDGFF9C.jpg
LDGFF9Cl.jpg

Imagine my surprise to notice that the upper gallery relief could be duplicated on the lower two levels. 

EaOFjOH.jpg
EaOFjOHl.jpg

The most outstanding feature were the huge flying buttresses that adorn the rear detail.

fZ4tPCw.jpg
fZ4tPCwl.jpg

Naturally the rear area cannot be made of stone but somehow the engineers incorporated this architectural feature purely for aesthetics.

Likewise the numerous gothic windows have no place in a war machine and I suspect they're a mere façade.

The corner turrets could also be incorporated with little trouble to the superstructure deck and the spacing of the buttresses allows for the gothic style windows.

The Rear Nave will house another large caliber cannon under the 'A' frame roof albeit of a lesser diameter than the front main cannon. 

I may even make the windows stained "glass" (some sort of transparent metal alloy) perhaps a diamond material.

2 hours ago, Brother Carpenter said:

Yes updates :biggrin:

Nice start of the rear end.

Will you also build the interior power plant? :whistling:

Or is that cutting it a bit too close to insanity :wink:

Cat walks railing installed and the left side catwalk on cutting board showing the hook channel that holds it to the inner carapace frame and yet be removable because they are just too delicate to withstand the 'Dogs of War'.

hzz9QY9.jpghzz9QY9l.jpg

Note how far I had to move the gun stanchion inboard from its original proposed position. I have to put some sort of hatch there to cover the hole.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
I have been thinking about how I am going to make a sensible engineering department out of the two story area beneath the command deck and fit a viable fusion reactor deck in the cramped space above the command deck when suddenly this morning an epiphany!!!!! 

The lower space will be the reactor room and the upper space will be engineering. 

Egad! How simple and it totally makes sense that the extremely heavy reactor would be in the lowest level of the torso and the mechanic dedicated area where the high maintenance equipment is. Access to the armament and legs through the carapace and the huge cooling fans and vents at the rear of the reactor room exhausting outboard behind the lower deck.................. 

ShkeR.jpg
ShkeRl.jpg 

Simple right? so why did it take me a year to realize it?

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Reactor on line.................
uSycaBz.jpg
uSycaBzl.jpg 

There's my Cherenkov radiation.............
tkbVAJH.jpg
tkbVAJHl.jpg 

My warlord Titan has a full interior including a fusion reactor. This Titan will have an interior as well including a fusion reactor

Edited by Firedrake Cordova
Fixed images

Command Deck Front Bulkhead Redux:

I was never satisfied with the future tech look of the front bulkhead that was not in keeping with the battle weary slapdash Gothic interior of the 40K universe.

The main hull in my estimation is five decks high starting with the Void Generator housings not shown in the included images due to the fact that they must be removed for visual access of the lower decks.

Deck four is the upper Observation gallery and the Adeptus Mechanicus  Altar recently updated now with 28 MM scale figure.

Deck three which I call the Command deck even though I have been advised that Titans do not require large spaces as they have a minimal crew.

iqNJDfL.jpg
iqNJDfLl.jpg 

I rationalize Luteus Vexant is a tactical command vehicle that has a Command group of officers.

tXya71T.jpg
tXya71Tl.jpg 

Below that is the Fusion Reactor, I have no idea what a fuctioning Fusion Reactor would look like but I imagine it would glow with Cherenkov radiation represented by to central component on deck five.
zB5mFRj.jpg
zB5mFRjl.jpg 

To either side of the Reactor deck is the triangular shaped cooling grids and coolant recovery system that recirculates the reactor's sodium transfer medium.

Fixed images

9 hours ago, Naryn said:

Looks like a mod accidentally added in a bunch of pics from the last mega titan build?

Well, I hope that isn't what I did! :blush: There were links to images in the post, but they started "http" instead of "https" so weren't being embedded - I just added the "s".

9 hours ago, Naryn said:

Nonetheless, Blackadder, your progress is amazjng and an inspiration to us all.

That is very true! When it's done, it deserves to be in WD :smile: 

A respondent  (Brother Carpenter) asked me if I intended to install a reactor into the model.

My answer was to show the interior of the Warlord Titan I built where I created a facsimile of what I thought a Nuclear reactor  might look like .

It is my hope to manufacture a complete interior similar to what I mad for my warlord as seen below...

quote from February 2018 post:

Before I get too smug and self-satisfied I just repaired the interior of my Warlord. and I was surprised at the lengths my OCD drove me three or so years ago. As I contemplate doing an interior for my Emperor Titan I thought I'd refresh myself on my previous construction. 

Over the years the glue had lost it's grip on the aluminum impregnated wall coatings I used for much of this model inside and out and pieces were rattling around inside. I found some two decks down in the Engineering bay.

Anyway once all put together I fired up the interior lighting (surprisingly it all functioned) and took these images so I don't have to disassemble it again until when and if I decide to upgrade the paint.

So here's five pictures of the Command deck and Tech Priest balcony replete with Altar to the Machine God, Omnissiah.

5UBXtI5.jpg
5UBXtI5l.jpg

Starting with the egress to the Command deck through the entry port.

HPVuC9K.jpg
HPVuC9Kl.jpg

I don't know if I've posted these or not other than in the construction phase. Most certainly not on Facebook or any of the new forums I frequent.

hoygzJW.jpg
hoygzJWl.jpg

The upper left Gallery and a view of the Altar

oUGghoP.jpg
oUGghoPl.jpg

and the right Gallery.......

A8Oame4.jpg
A8Oame4l.jpg

I've gotta straighten that railing.............

Never mind the railing Blackadder;

What about that bloody great hole in the deck?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 11:57 AM, Brother Carpenter said:

Wow. Nice.

Thanks for the reply. Painting it all is going to be tough I recon?

Keep it up :thumbsup:

I painted  my Warlord in a couple of days . I started with gray primer then a coat of flat black. I hand rubbed aluminum powder into the flat black paint. It came out so good I didn't do anymore to it.

This Titan will be much more intricate but I'll be using the same technique for the mechanical parts. There will be gold powder ( dare I use powdered gold??? ) hand rubbed red powder, blues where needed  and white also where needed. The white will get a Nuln oil finish. I hope to be painting by Christmas.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Blackadder

• 4 weeks later...

Thousands of Bits of Plastic

Literally thousands of bits of plastic added since last I posted and d*mn me if I can see a difference overall.

I've carried out the closely spaced chest high crenellations theme to protect the combatants and added doors, ossuaries and scroll of departed crew members since the Titan was first constructed thousands of years ago.

iHpNIwGl.jpg

There's still a tremendous amount of detail to be added to make this construct pop. 

On 11/21/2023 at 5:19 PM, Blackadder said:

Thousands of Bits of Plastic

Literally thousands of bits of plastic added since last I posted and d*mn me if I can see a difference overall.

I've carried out the closely spaced chest high crenellations theme to protect the combatants and added doors, ossuaries and scroll of departed crew members since the Titan was first constructed thousands of years ago.

iHpNIwGl.jpg

There's still a tremendous amount of detail to be added to make this construct pop. 

Just caught up on this project from where I last seen. This is brilliant work.

• 1 month later...
Ready For Prime

Well the back is finally done and I'm about to spray on the gray primer.

6ePX0FEl.jpg

Once I see it in a uniform gray I will be better able to determine if it is detailed enough.
made text visible :)