Emperor's Spears covered by A D B

Kelborn

Will the limited edition be available at a GW store or Barnes and Noble?

Limited editions are only sold via the Black Library website and at the Warhammer world store.

I suspect they met end up being sold at the Warhammer Citadel as well after it opens?

Super excited to dig my claws into this, for more than one reason I’ll admit. One can only read ToH and Black Legion so many times (or can one?)!

You’re satisfied with the final product then AD-B? :smile.:

Never. But it's as done as it can realistically get, and the editors/test readers really liked it.

The Desolators get a mention, as promised.

Understandable. I can only imagine your standards are quite exacting, given the quality of your work. That’s not a character trait that lends itself to being totally happy with your end products.

I am, of course, a giggly mess at the news that you actually decided to do that with the Desolators. So freaking cool of you man hard to believe this is even real... thank you so, so much!

Nineswords here on the boards (whose own White Scars successors have been an inspiration to me for a long time) is slowly helping me with artwork for my IA, for my version of them. This gives me even more reason to make something special of them! (I know I know, my guys aren’t canon... but I can pretend in my head they almost are :tongue.:)

+edit+

This of course will mean a double purchase, one to keep for actual reading and re-reading, and one to take the relevant page from to have framed

The pressure! That's cool you get a mention.

I am out of bloody likes...

I am looking forward to this one on it's own and especially to a view of the galaxy on the bad side of the Circatrix.

Having the narrator as member of a chapter I was keen to know more about since I saw the two page art of the chapter master in the old WD companion is just icing on the cake.

To me, that's like having Iskandar being the narrator in ToH / BL -- it's not a book about the Ksons, nor are they in the focus. It's great having him either way! Added fanboy bonus!

• 1 month later...

I'm worried about the limited edition. I saw Michael post the same thing over at Track of Words, and he is usually very positive about Black Library.

But it seems like BL have singled out ADB"s new novel for the "outrageous treatment" which they do once a year by the looks of it.

Last year it was the hideously overpriced and not that great Warmaster Special edition by Abnett, which went for 85 pounds. A year later, it has far from sold out.

This LE looks much the same, not a 55 EUR sort of LE like Emperor's Legion or Carrion Throne got, but the "book in a box with all sorts of other things to drive the price up to 85 pounds " edition. And coupled to that they have said that they will wait 6 months before they release the regulard hardback. A fist to the nose of the fans in my opinion.

Aside from that, I question if that will be the case. The German edition is coming out in January, if they really waited 6 months the standard hardback would not be due till April 2019, 3 months later than the German edition, which is unheard of.

I would have much rather had a Talon of Horus type edition, expensive but at least special because of interior artwork, and not so outrageously priced.

Edited by Taliesin

That doesn't sound fair to me, as well.

Will this box be the only version or will there be a separate "just the LE" book version for 55€?

I'd be willing to get that one instead of the larger box, which I yet don't know what will be inside.

I didn't like it when I read ToW's thoughts and I don't like it here, the second time round. It's an odious take.

Book fancier: "My special things don't feel special anymore because too many people can get them too often!"

Also book fancier: "This is too outrageously difficult to acquire that *I* can't get it. Abysmal business sense!"

They're a fancy book, with some neat bits.

I have been following the thread here and there but is a massive thread (not shocking!). Now that the book is annoucned can someone tell me in a nutshell who the EP are and setting? It sounds like loyalist legion with primaris SMs in the dark imperium setting.

The SE looks amazing and may get.

The German edition is coming out in January, if they really waited 6 months the standard hardback would not be due till April 2019, 3 months later than the German edition, which is unheard of.

1) Amazon always could change the date. I remembering Inferno's release date was September, now its October.

2) BL was selling Lords of Silence in German before the English version was released. And by the way, Germans could buy Blood of Iax right now, while we have to wait till September 22nd  ;)

Last year it was the hideously overpriced and not that great Warmaster Special edition by Abnett, which went for 85 pounds. A year later, it has far from sold out.

This LE looks much the same

I disagree, the Warmaster Special had lots of useless stuff, but the SoE is absolutely different because it is targeting tabletop players. As I can see you will get all you need to build and play exclusive army. The idea itself is brilliant and I think its gonna sell fast.

It seems very odd that non-English novels would be released before English when it was clearly written in English.

Rediculous prices for books is exactly why I only get ebooks.

It is odd. Now having said that, it very rarely happens that the German edition comes out before the English one. Very rare.

But it would be the case here if what we're told is actually correct.

This LE looks much the same

I disagree, the Warmaster Special had lots of useless stuff, but the SoE is absolutely different because it is targeting tabletop players. As I can see you will get all you need to build and play exclusive army. The idea itself is brilliant and I think its gonna sell fast.

I am waiting until we see what is actually in it, we've just seen the picture so far, no overview of contents.

Still looks like lots of useless expensive add-ons to me from that pic.

I know Spears is gonna be good...but I'm not gonna pay 100 euros for it

125 Eur actually, as per the Warmaster LE. BL converts 85 pounds into 125 eur.

The German edition is coming out in January, if they really waited 6 months the standard hardback would not be due till April 2019, 3 months later than the German edition, which is unheard of.

1) Amazon always could change the date. I remembering Inferno's release date was September, now its October.

2) BL was selling Lords of Silence in German before the English version was released. And by the way, Germans could buy Blood of Iax right now, while we have to wait till September 22nd  :wink:

Fair point technically speaking I suppose, but in these cases you're talking about a week or two at best. Not 3/4 months for one of the most anticipated books in years.

And that is why I still find this whole charade a bit unlikely as well.

That doesn't sound fair to me, as well.

Will this box be the only version or will there be a separate "just the LE" book version for 55€?

I'd be willing to get that one instead of the larger box, which I yet don't know what will be inside.

There is not going to be another limited edition. There will be this one limited edition, and from what they said a while ago, 6 months later the e-book and hardback.

This version will be EUR 125.00 btw if the similar Warmaster LE "book in a box with goodies" from last year is a guideline. And it probably is.

Edited by Taliesin

I am waiting until we see what is actually in it, we've just seen the picture so far, no overview of contents.

Still looks like lots of useless expensive add-ons to me from that pic.

Based on the picture it definetely has a transfer sheet (£12), Tactical Objective Cards (£8), and probably rules (they sell regular hardbacks for £20-30). Its worth at least £40 alone, and keep in mind I'm comparing to regular stuff, not limited editions.