Emperor's Spears covered by A D B

Kelborn

I am sorry to ask again, but has there been any (even the tiniest) word about when we maybe can begin to expect the book? I can't decide whether I should wait with the painting of my primaris marines until the book releases - just in case ADB has changed some visual aspects of them...

I am sorry to ask again, but has there been any (even the tiniest) word about when we maybe can begin to expect the book? I can't decide whether I should wait with the painting of my primaris marines until the book releases - just in case ADB has changed some visual aspects of them...

I won't change the overall colour scheme, if that's any use. The First Company looks a little bit different, but not in the sense of Space Wolf / Blood Angel bling or anything. Everyone else looks just like the usual scheme. I'll have details on crest colours and the First Company soon; want to wait for the cartoon images to see how they look first.

The book's not actually announced yet, so I'm not allowed to give dates. The closest I can come would be "At some point next year."

So after Saturday I'll have my Primaris Mans, and will gladly toss up a couple pictures once I get some paint on them.

Just FYI, I've been trying to figure out a way to chop up a Dire Avenger plume so I can have a fancy helmet without Ultramarine insignia all over them.

Ha, you git, I feel bad now. I mean, use Heresy crests if that's any easier...

Edited by A D-B

I won't change the overall colour scheme, if that's any use. The First Company looks a little bit different, but not in the sense of Space Wolf / Blood Angel bling or anything. Everyone else looks just like the usual scheme. I'll have details on crest colours and the First Company soon; want to wait for the cartoon images to see how they look first.

The book's not actually announced yet, so I'm not allowed to give dates. The closest I can come would be "At some point next year."

So after Saturday I'll have my Primaris Mans, and will gladly toss up a couple pictures once I get some paint on them.

Just FYI, I've been trying to figure out a way to chop up a Dire Avenger plume so I can have a fancy helmet without Ultramarine insignia all over them.

Ha, you git, I feel bad now. I mean, use Heresy crests if that's any easier...

Don't feel bad. I think its awesome!

I want it to be super fancy and Space Elves are quite fancy. It totally has nothing to do with that awesome artwork or anything...:whistling: 

Or see if a bit seller has any of the separate plumes from the Sternguard box.

I'll more than likely ask to dive into a few mates' bits boxes, and we will do some trades or something. The asking price on a single plume is more than I want to spend on such a tiny aesthetic bit.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Nice; I'll get started painting right away! And wait for plumes for the seargeants (plumes are hopefully not for everyone...?)

One thing that confuses me, is, what the chapter icon actually looks like - and I need to know, since I have to get started creating custom transfer sheets :) On Lexicanum the icon is a black trident - on the 40k wikia it is a black trident with a small white skull. Which one is the right one?

Edited by Rathamanti

Nice; I'll get started painting right away! And wait for plumes for the seargeants (plumes are hopefully not for everyone...?)

One thing that confuses me, is, what the chapter icon actually looks like - and I need to know, since I have to get started creating custom transfer sheets :smile.: On Lexicanum the icon is a black trident - on the 40k wikia it is a black trident with a small white skull. Which one is the right one?

I thought the skull in center was for the sergeants? I could've sworn I read that somewhere, and that rank and file soldiers are simply the trident. 

Its either that or veteran status.

I'm currently putting together lists for my Spears, and I keep coming back to wanting to know a tiny bit about their tendencies in combat. Are they aggressive or defensive? Should I look at a bike army, a pistol & sword assaults army, or lots of slow and steady guys with heavy bolters? Which of the bigger chapters with clearly defined areas of expertise do the Spears lean towards if any? I guess asking about which legion they are a successor chapter of would be to much...

I want to make a fluffy Emperor's Spears-army - and I don't want to buy lots of models I won't end up using after the book finally arrives!

Has anything been said or written about this by ADB?

Edited by Rathamanti

I was originally hoping for Dorn, Guilliman or Corax, but after some thought and finding ADB's ES-playlist on YouTube I almost hope they'll be of space wolf stock... I have always dreamed of more civilised and wolfless viking marines without all the wolfwolfywolf noise!

I was originally hoping for Dorn, Guilliman or Corax, but after some thought and finding ADB's ES-playlist on YouTube I almost hope they'll be of space wolf stock... I have always dreamed of more civilised and wolfless viking marines without all the wolfwolfywolf noise!

On a related note, there was an internal email yeeeaaaars ago from the highest IP minds that mentioned the Wolves actually must have secretly had more Successors out there. That always interested me a lot; there are so many little touches like that which are "true", and considered "true" in the IP itself, but that never ever get brought into the light of day - and would be considered dead wrong if they were. 

The Carcharodons are a good example. They're barely even Imperial. They don't feed into any Imperial institutions or answer any Imperial hierarchy, even beyond the usual autonomy of the Adeptus Astartes. They don't even formally join the Deathwatch, though it's possible for an occasional grey-armoured Marine who says nothing about his past to show up at a Watch Station and take the Apocryphon Oath, mostly likely as a Blackshield. And in the middle of this discussion, I pointed out Publication X and Story Y where A, B, and C had happened, and the reaction from IP was:

"Sure, but that's wrong."

"But the fans think this because we've published it in the past."

"Yes. But it's wrong."

I love working in 40K. It's darkly fascinating.