Heaven's Fall- Vazzy's VII Legion log 6/2 Titanfall

Vazzy

So it's actually the shield from the new assault squad. It has a tab so you can attach ut to any mark should you want to. I really like them tbh!

Question for everyone! I have a bit of free time tomorrwo, and am curious which people would rather see. My WIP Librarians? Or the start of the Terminators receiving paint? 

Feel free to chime in!

"We have done them a great disservice, and yet they fight on."

-Castellan Arno Testian on his Company's Librarius

'The Lost and Forgotten'

The 366th prior to the Nikea Edict had been blessed with three Psykers of prodigious strength, Epistolaries Donal Morghan, Arri Dre'zdon, and Codicier Carlo R'mariz. Following Nikea, the three warriors were sequestered away from the rest of the legion, along with the rest of their psychic brother. This was met with mixed feelings amongst the 366th, as some members of the company felt that their mutated brothers were an "accident waiting to happen', while others, including Arno Testian, at this time the equerry of the 366th feeling as though they'd betrayed their own brothers. The trio, upon returning into the fold, did not have the best relations with their former brothers, who now more than ever, experienced a heavy distaste for the Warp. 

34349787885_23edc554ff_c.jpg

[Epistolary Arri' Dre'zdon "The Exiled One"]

34349788055_76e76414d5_c.jpg

[Dre'zdon was a Beta+ level psyker, and amongst the strongest within the Legion. Renowned amongst the Librarius for his impressive mastery of Pyromancy, Dre'zdon was a psychic battery who, on I-Day +39 singlehandedly dismantled a hunting pack of the Legio Audax. He would fall within the confines of the Palace, shot by Wall Sergeant Aristedes as he felt his own mental barriers collapsing from exhaustion.]

34349789825_b8e82749aa_c.jpg

[Codicer Carlo R'mariz 'The Spiteful' Gamma+

R'mariz was the least talented of the 366th's cohort, but was also the youngest, having recently finished his trainings under Dre'zdon prior to Nikea, the Siege would be his first taste of true combat. Carlo resented his Primarch, and was personally wounded when the Legion's Librarians were locked away. Carlo fell when Dhaliri FO Raptoris was overrun by Berserkers of the XIIth legion. Gun Cam footage shows R'mariz loosing arcs of electricity into the ravening sons of Angron, only to see the warp Magick slide away. His body was unrecovered]

34219022511_5eb45e6c8c_c.jpg

[Epistolary Donal Morghan 'The Scrier' Beta Level]

Whiel Morghan was the only member of the cohort to wear terminator armor, his true strength lay in his divination powers. Often assigned as a members of Testian's retinue during the Siege, his warnings and premonitions ensured much of Squad Diolecles would survive until the final days of the siege. Morghan fell when members of a XXth legion headhunter cut him down, seemingly getting around his prescience in an attempt to assassinate key members of the 366th command. Castellan Testian argued in his commendation for Morghan that the Epistolary had sacrificed himself holding off the Lernaean Terminators who struck on the 66th day. One way or another, Morghan died as he lived: a hero of the Imperial Fists]

"Give them nothing, Take from them everything!"

-Leonidas, King of the Spartans

34015653450_6e2d6791c8_c.jpg

[Veteran McCormack- Member of the WardenClyffe]

34400278855_5728bc2008_c.jpg

[The Wardenclyffe are the elite of the 366th used as the hammer during assaults, utilizing Teleport homers, Storm Shields, and the new prototype Assault Cannons, and often accompany Castellan Testian as his honor guard. McCormack fell during the Breach of the Palace's inner sanctum after  Dhaliri outpost collapsed. Torn apart by one of the XIIth's crazed dreadnaughts, the Terminator at the time of his death had 25+ Light vehicle kills, and two confirmed Super Heavy destructions.]

Cool fluff for the librarians! The painting on the Wardenclyffe also looking great!

Thanks man! Hopefully the Wardenclyffe will be finished up by tonight!

Looks good, pretty good looking yellow. The black rivets directly on the yellow armor, though... they look a tad messy. I'd suggest doing a focused wash on them, just to tighten up the borders a bit more. And, of course, I'd personally weather them a bit. But that's just me.

Wardenclyffe, though. Cool name and cool fluff.

Looks good, pretty good looking yellow. The black rivets directly on the yellow armor, though... they look a tad messy. I'd suggest doing a focused wash on them, just to tighten up the borders a bit more. And, of course, I'd personally weather them a bit. But that's just me.

Wardenclyffe, though. Cool name and cool fluff.

Yeah, I may touch them up, but I'm not sure yet, it'll just depend, I'm personally not super fond of a spot wash, but thats just me. And yes, they're going to be quite weathered. Here's a bit of a preview....

34033078270_379209788c_c.jpg

One... two... three! Three librarians, ah-ah!

I've always liked the fluff and models for the librarians, but the last time I played the game they were complete garbage. I hope yours get some usage!

Ehh, I don't particularly play much anymore, so the force, while functional in game, is built more on a theme than any real playability. Though in 30k, Librarians really aren't that bad. 

Looks great! Man, I love me some weathering. There's just something about perfectly clean Fists that looks... off.

Yeah agreed! I'm excited to show you guys the progress tomorrow. Need to base him first

"Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong.

Balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
I forgive thy treason — I redeem thy fall —
For Iron — Cold Iron — must be master of men all!"

http://doope.jp/media/17q1/img9246_01.jpg

"Blood on the Snow"

Before Dhaliri, he'd never seen snow. Not in person at least. The heavy armor stomped through the frozen tundra, the heat emanating from his terminator armor melting the snow almost as fat as he came across it. The air is sharp, and reeks of blood, fyceline and sweat. A thin filter of smoke sits in the air, and in the distance artillery thunders, punticated with the crackle of rifle fire. 

He'd lost his helm on the first day, an Iron Warrior bolt round crazing the optics and shattering a lense. Since then, he'd fought bareheaded, relishing the cold mountain wind, and the warmth of blood on his face. Blood stains the white around him, some bright and fresh, some a brownish red. He nods to the two Hell Jumpers, dragging a corpse behind them, their black armor battered and beaten. 

At his feet is another of warrior, his gunmetal armor shattered, a curved blade speared through his plastron. A raptor and lightning bolts graces one shoulder, the other an Iron  skull. The scroll on his chest reads: Sebastus. A wet rasp fills the air as the impaled warrior wheezes, blood spraying the white snow beneath him. Iron Warrior's face is more blood than skin at this point, but two orbs of pale steel glare at Arno Testian, Castellan of the 366th Company. 

"Go on then," He growled, "Finish this and be done with it" He spits, the ground sizzling as the acidic spit eats into the ground. The hammer in Arno's hand trembles with pent up fury, the thrumming of it's power field making his gums itch. He swallows with difficulty, his mouth dry from dehydration. Behind him he hears the approach of the Wardenclyffe, their heavy tread shaking the ground beneath his feet. 

"Area Secure Castellan." Rumbles McCormack. "Gracchus, Abernath, and Hurtius are all dead. Six others are wounded. Sir?"

Arno says nothing, looking at the dying man before him. Sebastus gurgles a laugh, " I had never seen snow before. Can you believe that?" He coughs, and something deep within him seems to catch, as blood pours from his mouth. 

Testian nods, "Nor had I."

Sebastus smiles at him, "It's beautiful. Truly," He surveys the field before him, the various warriors locked in death's repose. "What a fething waste," His eyes glaze over, but he looks to Testian, "You fought well, my compliments." Sebastus sags, and his head droops, blood growing in an ever widening pool as his larraman cells fail to control the catastrophic dame caused to him. "Should you see my father...tell him...Sebastus says 'Feth your fething war.' Die well Imperial Fist. I shall you see in whatever place awaits the damned." The man lets out one more rasping laugh before his armor slumps to it's knees, held up only by the servomotors deep within it's iron corpse. The whine of a flatline emanates from the gorget as Testian turns away. "Remove the bodies. Strip the armor, we may need it later." Testian looks back at the killing field, at the red snow, so beautifully lit by the rising sun. 

Sebastus was right. This war is a waste. 

33651899083_09865f6261_z.jpg

[Castellan Arno Testian, Lord of  the 366th Company, VII Legion]

34302027632_72a3e697a3_z.jpg

[Castellan Testian was elevated to command of the 366th in the years leading up to the fall of Horus. A Taciturn, but thoughtful warrior, his quick thinking would see his company survive to make planetfall on Terra.] 

34420257826_c418781e6c_z.jpg

[Testian would fall on the last day of the Siege, his hammer spent, armor asunder, surrounded by enemies. Aristedes would find him before a statue of Dorn, his body slumped before it as if in supplication.]

33619441034_95453a39ab_z.jpg

[+++PICT CAPTURE+++
I-Day +24-Dhaliri Ridge]

[34076770600_17dd7a8b98_z.jpg

[imperial forces would push back early dawn assault by elements of the IVth legion, who's aerial insertion failed spectacularly following interdiction by 4th Air Corps]

33619448644_7e8d45f884_z.jpg

34331050651_807d8ed124_z.jpg

[servo-Skull image recovered following battle. Subject is Isaiah MCCormack, directing fire on Iron Warrior positions.]

Hmmm, that icon on the shield badge seems familiar.

Wellll...the 366th was established from remnants of the Tejano plateau tribe...

“The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.” 

-Nikolo Makavelli

Five giants in yellow plate moved through the abandoned buildings, oversized rifles held at the ready. The once golden armor of the Sons of Dorn was now a battered, darker yellow, with blast marks and craters pockmarking the armor. On their number is missing his helm, and mobile scanner clutched in hand.

"My point is, why are we the ones setting this up? Isn't this more in line with the work Claudisu and his scouts would do? Patrolling, and setting up ambushes seems like a waste of our potential if you ask me. " 

Sergeant Gracchus turns to look back at Polynikes, who is pulling up the rear. While Gracchus has his helm on, the annoyance he exudes at Polynikes is palpable. 

"Be silent fool! Have you no respect for your brothers?!"

The column continues to move on, the artificial light of an inferno dancing across the armor of the Imperial Fists. The five warriors move gingerly past the shattered bodies of civilians and legionaries a like. Operation  Thunder had initially driven back the traitor forces, but slowly, the loyalists had been driven back. The warriors here are largely of the XIIth legion, the dead having been left where they fell, armor rent asunder. Combat Patrol Theta-2 is one of the many such patrols surveying the edge of this wasteland and gathering supplies. The two crago servitors accompanying them are laden with with promethium, bolter shells, and food. It is not glorious work, but it is necessary. And yes, the scouts of the 366th would have been invaluable for this work, but they were cut off the day before, and had yet to re-establish vox channels with command. Gracchus suspected that they had fallen, their carapace armor not nearly as effective against the enemy as their powered armor, but still, hope remained that they may find them. 

As the squad rounded the bend though, his heart sank. Five bodies lay before them, crucified upon Imperial Edifices, their chest spilt open like overripe melons. As the squad got closer, Gracchus felt his stomach turn as he realized each one  had been flayed, their eyes ripped from their sockets, and the geneseed, each warriors blessed legacy stapled into their open jaws. His squad murmured in disgust and horror, and Sacramal turned away, shaking his helm. Polynikes spoke across the open vox, the horror and perhaps a hint of fear tainting his voice. "Sergeant, I..I don't understand. Who..what would do this?"

Farkas let out a snarl in his own tongue, and then answered before the Sergeant could, gesturing to the scrawled graffiti. "Night Lords. The spawn of that wretched bastard Curze." Gracchus nodded, turning to lead his squad onward. 

"We shall return for them at a later point, when we can root out the bastard sons of Curze."

The vox popped, and cracked in his ears, and Gracchus froze. "Cousssinnsssss, such....hateeee," The voice on the vox was serpentine, and sounded as if it came from the throat of some sort of gutter beast, "Run away little cousinssss. But watch your back. We bring the Night!" 

Farkas sighed, dejection souring his tone, "Fething Night Lords. Bastards, the lot of them."

33712322263_a4c9da4241_z.jpg

[sergeant Gracchus leads combat patrol in Hive Uhland ruins]

34484181746_0cb6f7f574_z.jpg

[sacramal and Farkas- Not both have non standard armor makeup- Possible in field repairs?]

@LoJ Thanks man! You're too kind! Your yellow is looking awesome btw!

@ThePsycho-Yeah man, not going to lie, probably some of the best models I've done.

@Brother Pheidias- Thanks man, I'm always glad when y'all like the fluff

Question! Whihc would y'all prefer to see next? WIP Seekers? Or more painted Terminators? As always C&C is most welcome!

I would be interested in seeing some WIP Seekers!

Ask and ye shall receive!

33741781694_3dc674f032_z.jpg

33741777254_a4acbe7212_z.jpg

33741773674_cf421572c1_z.jpg

[Vigil Sergeant Gyras Vakarin]

34543458736_bf57e07622_z.jpg

34543464776_256b3e62aa_z.jpg

[Vigil Brother Astoras]

• 3 weeks later...

B
y the 24th day of the Siege, Imperial Forces had already begun to take a level of casualties that would be unsustainable in the long run. Conservative estimates guess that over 70,000 legionaries had been killed by the 30th day, and most units were operating understrength. This of course rang true for the defenders at Dhaliri, who had just been pushed back to their initial position following Operation: Titanfall. 

34089241853_510eb60637.jpg

{Legionary Dmitri}

Titanfall was one of the many Imperial counter offensives pushed by Imperial strategists in an attempt to break up traitor supply lines, and overall disrupt the invasion. Launched on the 19th day of the Siege, Titanfall was centered on pushing out of the Dhaliri province and destroy the Titan landing grounds at the base of the HindiKush range. The VII legion forces, composed primarily of the 366th and 502nd companies as well as elements of both the Vth and IXth, led an Imperial army host numbering over 100,000 down Mount Dhaliri into the IVth legion staging grounds. The operation would be a disaster, as instead of disembarking titans, Task Force Thor found a fully operational maniple of battle titans as well as 5,000+ entrenched Iron Warriors. Castellan Testian, realizing the error of his orders given to him ordered an organized retreat, that quickly turned into a rout following the destruction of the Rex Imperialis and the Wrathful, the two reavers assigned to the task force. Over 25,000 mortals fell in the first hour, and another 30,000 in the desperate hours falling back to the Dhaliri redoubt. The retreat would also cost legion forces heavily. The 366th, already sorely stretched found itself dipping below 300 men, and the other two legions would be lost almost to a man, leaving less than 20 of the non Imperial Fist warriors still standing. The Iron Warrior attempt to capitalize on this disaster would be met with failure, as the air assault was driven back by Imperial forces, who had prepared accordingly.

34089252733_339d3a6fcb_z.jpg

[Tactical Squad Gracchus moving on objective. Unit was broken down into five man teams to maximize effectiveness]

Had operation Titanfall succeeded, it is likely that the forces assaulting the Palace in the later stages of the battle would likely have been without many of the siege engines that helped crack the walls. This author would like to note that from all accounts, the operation was doomed to fail. Opposition numbers were deflated in official reports, despite overwhelming visual evidence to the contrary, and the hesitation of Castellan Testian. Instead, the Dhaliri ridge was sorely undermanned, and when the might of four legions was pitted against it on the 35th day, it collapsed, with much of the 366th being airlifted to reinforce the Imperial Palace. A delaying action, led by Ancient Enoch and the 105th Helljumpers stalled traitor advances for twelve hours, before they too fell beneath the guns of Perturabo. Enclose below is an audio transcript of the action amongst Squad Gracchus and visual images. 

34089247393_9f3352b742.jpg

{Sergeant Gracchus}

[Audio distortion due to vox failure...Bolter fire[Tigrus pattern] is heard. Blast consistent with Astartes pattern Krak grenade can be heard]

(Astartes Kulian)"Sergeant, left flank collpasing, krak grenade has decimated auxilia weapons platform suggest we fall back."

[Energy discharge 98% Consistent with Power Fist powerfield heard, cry of agony.]

(Sergeant Gracchus) "Confirmed, execute tactical withdrawal. H'ren, cover Dmitri and Hespasian as they move! On my mark. Mark!" 

(Unidentified Astartes) "This was a fools gambit. Half the company must be dead by now! I ran past Squad Vaspian, or what was left of them, turbolaser caught them displacing. I haven't heard a word from Ismael either!"

(Gracchus) "Keep moving Hespasian, we'll focus on losses later right now-"

[Explosion cuts off audio, sound pattern matches earthshaker discharge]

34089244013_d504c794dc.jpg

{Legionary H'ren}

(H'ren) "Typhon! Fug me! It's a fugging Typhon. Move, move, move!" 

(Hespasian) "Where the Fug is our damned air support! I called for an Eagle and was told five minutes out!" 

34859729796_c1f97c23c0.jpg

(Kulian) "Enemy has us flanked on both sides, enemy IFV's  are moving cut us off. We need to keep moving. Garbled reports of Spartan transport over next ridge."

[Jet engine wail-records confirm that Lightning designation BT-234NB knocked out Siege tank]

34089249233_4e67a08370.jpg

{Kulian}

(Kulian) "Typhon disabled. Eyes on eagle gunships!"

[Missile discharge 80% consistent with Storm eagle suppression missile pods]

(Gracchus) "Everybody in! Drag in those bastards on the way! C'mon!"

34859729356_84f98e0aa6.jpg

[squad Gracchus I+ 20]

Awesome stuff the mark 4 helmet looks so good on mark 3 good fluff too very atmospheric :D

Yeah dude! I really like the loon it gives! Thanks!

Archived