At the moment it's Shadow Grey and I think any off black or grey will appear unfinished.

I could do a dark red (Mephiston Red with Nuln Oil?) And just hope it appears smooth...

• 1 month later...

I've acquired the following model and I'm wondering about his suitability as an Inquisitor:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92393bclawslongfangs-03.htm

Blood Claw sergeant is the model in question and yes, he's metal.

Basically, is there ever a time that a power fist and power armour will ever be used? (Assuming of course they can take Power Fists... Perhaps it could be a Daemon weapon?)

I'm guessing he can't make a good henchmen choice due to the armour?

Henchmen (acolytes) can wear power armour and if you use C:IA instead of C:=][= said armour will be cheaper. I don't have C:=][= on my iPad at the moment so I'll have to verify later this morning whether power fists are an option. I think they are, at least for an acolyte but that's a pricy upgrade for 1 attack.

As for usefulness, I put power armour on my inquisitor all the time. In C:=][= at least, it is not even 2 meltabombs so seems worth it to me whether in a choppy or shooty role.

• 7 months later...

A sneak peak of my next Imperial project:

Basically, I've come into possession of this chap and plan on giving him a multi-melta (I assume that's still what you do?), but the question is which?

gallery_62972_10721_28784.jpg

Obviously he'll be stripped and properly cleaned up, but after that I'm not sure what to do:

• For the era of the model, FW's shoulder-mounted MM should work but do I need to buy the heavy support squad for the arms? Will it look off if I just go with the 2nd look as I have the bits for that...
  • Underslung *may* work as this model has a slight twist to his hips, but again are we looking at FW considering that the current Devastator range is larger? Should I look for a third edition MM (which was also underslung)?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Legion of the Damned

Start point, to be completed by 22nd March 2018:

gallery_62972_10721_50864.jpg

Still missing a couple of bits. Arms are easy enough to source and I'll use some temporary plain shoulder pads until I can afford to buy the remaining ones. Need a storm bolter for the Sergeant (more on him later)

Does it matter what shoulderpad goes where on a LotD model? Every other Chapter has the left shoulderpad with the Chapter badge, but I guess this is different?

• 2 weeks later...

Legion of the Damned

Pretty much at the battle ready stage, complete with temporary base. Opted for ethereal flames and I've picked out the metal and bone. Any other detail will be a dull, dark grey as they are basically shadows of what they were. Originally I wanted everything ethereal but it was too much.

gallery_62972_10721_188588.jpg

Going forward the eyes will be ethereal coloured. The bone will be shaded with Nuln Oil as I'm after a cold look. The green will be shaded with green ink and highlighted with ulthuan grey - I'm after a dark to light transition. I plan on putting them on 32 mm bases with cork to boost their height.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work Jolemai. The blue on the inquisitor looks good — haven’t seen that scheme before.

Cheers. It's actually came out quite nice even if it's not what I was after. Basically I craved wanted something different to red/black/gold and felt like I needed to practice my blues. It ended up being darker then planned; I wanted to get Hawk Turquoise in there but it never really happened (bar the bolt pistol highlight, a feature I use on my BA).

The tricky part is remembering how I did it and how to replicate/improve it. Should probably write these things down...

As far as the Inquisition goes, I have my original one but as mentioned, he needs a lot of work to make him 40k legal (the Havok miniature shown earlier in this thread - my group has banned him as he is) and I've ended up with a Raging Heroes model which makes a good Death Cult Assassin. I may kitbash a TDA Inquisitor from the GKTDA box at some point too.

• 1 year later...

With the ETL out of the way, I fancied something different from Blood Angels for the 12M challenge this month...

Legion of the Damned WIP

September

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1 x Legion of the Damned model by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_44517.jpg

To do:
  • Cork base
  • Move model from battle ready to completion

My Blood Angels have rubble bases, however, I want my Imperial tag alongs to have similar bases but still on the same theme. Ergo, cork bases should give a nice rocky outcrop to set them aside.

Trouble is, I'm going off actual corks :facepalm: so far I've sliced them up and will procedd to trim them into "natural" shapes. I've also decided that my Imperials will all be on 32mm bases rather than 28mm ones.