Almagor's Dark Angels

Almagor

That landspeeder is so clean! I hope mine turns out half as good...

What are the rules for the landraider achilles? That thing looks amazing man, I'd like to know how it performs on the tabletop.

Thank you!

The land speeder paint job is actually quite simple: black primer from the bottom, dark grey primer from the top (Vallejo German Grey), black in deep recesses and angles and basically everywhere that is not the middle of a flat surface. All airbrushed. Than a very light and controlled drybrush of Necron Compound on all the edges. That's all there is to it.

The rules for the Achilles are in the FW Adeptus Astartes Index. Two quad multi-meltas and quad cannon. Sounds nice but I have no idea how it actually performs in game... The poor thing has never seen the tabletop :huh.:

That landspeeder is so clean! I hope mine turns out half as good...

What are the rules for the landraider achilles? That thing looks amazing man, I'd like to know how it performs on the tabletop.

Thank you!

The land speeder paint job is actually quite simple: black primer from the bottom, dark grey primer from the top (Vallejo German Grey), black in deep recesses and angles and basically everywhere that is not the middle of a flat surface. All airbrushed. Than a very light and controlled drybrush of Necron Compound on all the edges. That's all there is to it.

The rules for the Achilles are in the FW Adeptus Astartes Index. Two quad multi-meltas and quad cannon. Sounds nice but I have no idea how it actually performs in game... The poor thing has never seen the tabletop :huh.:

Thanks for the reply.

Wait you can edge highlight with an airbrush!?!?!? Mind = blown. They must be so precise compared to these Citadel spray primers...

Looks so good man well done. I'm planning on rewarding myself with an airbrush and a new set of paints (maybe scalecolour 75 or vallejo) by the end of the year after I build and paint all my still in the box dark angels...the dreaded massive backlog.

can't wait to get my painting skills even close to your level and some of the other guys around here! 

Cheers for the inspiration :happy.:

I know I’ve said this before but I love you talon master and sable claw. There is so much I like. The hilights are super crisp and the robes really add something.

I also like the green marble very nicely done.

Edited by JJD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two plain and boring contemptor dreadnoughts have gone through a slight conversion and now they are:

1. An ancient and venerable relic contemptor dreadnought with two close combat weapons, resplendent in it's deathwing color scheme and insignia.
2. An awesome mortis contemptor dreadnought with two ranged weapons in battle company/armorium colors and insignia.

All weapons are of course magnetized.

IMG 20181211 213440

IMG 20181211 213459

IMG 20181211 213542

IMG 20181211 213523

IMG 20181211 213725

IMG 20181211 213741

IMG 20181211 213756

IMG 20181211 213814

IMG 20181211 213924