Liberalia Martiale 2017 - THE IRON GAUNTLET

Olis

Also, mine is kind of spread out across the thread. Should I collate everything into the OP as well?

The short answer is yes. :wink.:

(I will take a look to see how you're doing shortly.)

Edit - Apparently my brain thinks two-and-a-half hours qualifies as 'shortly'. Cheers, brain. Anyway, Lenoch, your article more than fulfils the parameters for a gold rank. Short of adding critique on format, there's not much to say. Now, all you need is to critique other participants. ^_^

Edited by Olis

No problem. The whole article, not including the writing that is not directly part of the IA, is over 3,000 words long and eligible for the Gold rank (if that's what you're after). I can be more precise if you wish.

No need thanks very much brother, just wanted to know how close I was to gold :)

On another note, as I've already completed the second challenge (completely misread the deadline, thinking it was also due on the 17th of May too XD) I would like to put my name down for the rest of the challenges, the third, penultimate and final I believe, as I feel pretty good about being able to complete those too, if that'd be possible? Also, is there an example of a data slate? I could just be being thick but is this similar to what the character would look like if they where in a codex? And seing as 8th will be out by then, using the new rules would be fine I take it?

Sorry for the boat-load of questions haha

Edited by LancsHotpot90

As I'm assuming to reach gold status with my IA article (because I know myself and I'm always writing more than I have to ^^), I lost the overview of my amount of feedback posts.

Brother Olis, could you tell me how my current status is, please?

Furthermore, I'm currently working on my chapter's history. As this is one if not the most important part regarding canon, etc. I'd require some feedback if everything is good to go.

By the way, I'm deeply appreciating Bjorns work / feedback on my chapter! Thank you, brother! :tu:

No problem. The whole article, not including the writing that is not directly part of the IA, is over 3,000 words long and eligible for the Gold rank (if that's what you're after). I can be more precise if you wish.

No need thanks very much brother, just wanted to know how close I was to gold :smile.:

On another note, as I've already completed the second challenge (completely misread the deadline, thinking it was also due on the 17th of May too XD) I would like to put my name down for the rest of the challenges, the third, penultimate and final I believe, as I feel pretty good about being able to complete those too, if that'd be possible? Also, is there an example of a data slate? I could just be being thick but is this similar to what the character would look like if they where in a codex? And seing as 8th will be out by then, using the new rules would be fine I take it?

Sorry for the boat-load of questions haha

Feel free to amend your original vow, brother. Just go back to that post and edit it. No problem. As for the data slate, yes it's pretty much just a unit entry (plus a little fluff)... hmm. I'll have a look around...

Okay. Here's an example and here's a blank if you feel like trying to make one yourself (although you will need to know how to use GIMP, Photoshop or Inkscape to alter said blank...). :)

If you wish to use 7th, use 7th. If you wish to use 8th, use 8th. The Iron Gauntlet is purely an exercise in creativity - the need to adhere to one edition of the rules or the other is, essentially, immaterial.

As I'm assuming to reach gold status with my IA article (because I know myself and I'm always writing more than I have to ^^), I lost the overview of my amount of feedback posts.

Brother Olis, could you tell me how my current status is, please?

Furthermore, I'm currently working on my chapter's history. As this is one if not the most important part regarding canon, etc. I'd require some feedback if everything is good to go.

By the way, I'm deeply appreciating Bjorns work / feedback on my chapter! Thank you, brother! :thumbsup:

I believe your number of feedback posts comes to ten in total so far, brother. Ten more and you'll be in line for some gold (if you can add another thousand or so words to your IA - whether that's by collating what you have into your OP or by adding more content). 

And yes, indeed, Bjorn Firewalker has been a valued Liberite during this challenge, as I have seen him around and about often. NightrawenII is also pitching in, so that's a relief, too. Someone has to wield the old Liber bowling ball. ;)

Awesome, original vow amended :)

I'm pretty familiar with Gimp and Photoshop so if I can get access to either somehow I'll definitely be using the blank

Thanks again for the help:)

The Index for the Specters of the Purged is done!!

(Though I might add one more section about the Ghost Fleet)

Everyone feel free to give it a look see and let me known what you think!

Now it's on to knocking out twenty C&Cs for all of your great submissions!

Hey Olis, I have a few questions:

The Penultimate Challenge says, the models have to be converted, how much conversion is needed to count? I have two metal models I gave alternative arms and I want to paint them within the second challenge.

The same Challenge states, the sheets are for characters. Are units not allowed for this?

I'm digging that idea!

Could be a cool community project! :D

Simple ('cause everyone's contributing a handful of Marines), yet complex (you know, Deathwatch stuff) and enjoyable!

Hey Olis, I have a few questions:

The Penultimate Challenge says, the models have to be converted, how much conversion is needed to count? I have two metal models I gave alternative arms and I want to paint them within the second challenge.

The same Challenge states, the sheets are for characters. Are units not allowed for this?

While I could make a distinction between a conversion and a 'kitbash', I will simply say this: So long as the model has been modified with parts not found on or with the stock miniature, then that counts. 

As for the characters/units question: It is for characters only. No full units. Technically speaking, I can allow squad sergeants... but not the squad itself.

Maybe someone should write some background for 'The Iron Gauntlet' a Deathwatch watchtower where all our submitted chapters just happen to be

I'm digging that idea!

Could be a cool community project! :biggrin.:

Simple ('cause everyone's contributing a handful of Marines), yet complex (you know, Deathwatch stuff) and enjoyable!

I humbly suggest taking a look at the old This is the Liber Astartes, Part II thread. You might like it, brothers. (It's also quite lengthy.)

As the grumpy old bearer of the Iron Gauntlet (until Olis and Dos stole it recently) I must warn you that down that path leads insanity.  I think when I get the damned thing back I might get it reforged into a power fist I can wear around so you blighters cant steal it again... :biggrin.:

As the grumpy old bearer of the Iron Gauntlet (until Olis and Dos stole it recently) I must warn you that down that path leads insanity.  I think when I get the damned thing back I might get it reforged into a power fist I can wear around so you blighters cant steal it again... :biggrin.:

Hey, I wasn't the one who left it in the armoury next to an uneaten grox sandwich. Besides, it was shiny (I blame Dos)... ;)

Brother Olis?

Deadline is the 17th of May, correct?

Yep. Which reminds me... I forgot about the 3/4 done round up. :facepalm: