Liberalia Martiale 2017 - THE IRON GAUNTLET

Olis

So figured with three days left I better get busy and thus

Index Militarum: New Eden Rifles

Please excuse the coding.  I have no idea what is going on there.  After a few attempts to fix it I gave up. 

And a question Olis, for challenge the second and fourth if we paint a HQ model for challenge the second can they be one of the charecters we develop for challenge the fourth

Edited by Brother SP

And a question Olis, for challenge the second and fourth if we paint a HQ model for challenge the second can they be one of the charecters we develop for challenge the fourth

Yes.

Just wondering is there a time limit by which we need to submit our IA's? Also where do we submit them? 

For Challenge the Second, can we have a Liberalia Martiale Showcase thread in the Hall of Honor to post our completed strike force?

I have really enjoyed reading the Index Astartes articles  that have been produced thus far. They really have motivated me to continue on. Although I have the general outline of the IA and theme, I will be continuing to add a little every so often.

Just wondering is there a time limit by which we need to submit our IA's? Also where do we submit them? 

Technically, you have already submitted them. All you need to do for the Challenge is fulfil the requirements. Although the ultimate aim is to encourage members to produce a fully finished article, a completed IA is not the objective. 

For Challenge the Second, can we have a Liberalia Martiale Showcase thread in the Hall of Honor to post our completed strike force?

I will be posting up an open invitation for Challenge the Second in the WIP forum, so that this part of the Gauntlet will not just be available to those who frequent the Liber. Hopefully, we may attract more Fraters to our banner. ^_^

I will be posting up an open invitation for Challenge the Second in the WIP forum, so that this part of the Gauntlet will not just be available to those who frequent the Liber. Hopefully, we may attract more Fraters to our banner. :happy.:

And that's why there's no ETL this year, they feared our power....

So is anyone else scrambling to try and justify Primaris Marines in their army or is it just me?

So is anyone else scrambling to try and justify Primaris Marines in their army or is it just me?

I doubt it'll take much to justify it, I think it may only be a matter of wording it in such a way that when future publications arrive you won't be caught out. But, regardless, this is one helluva bandwagon to jump on. There's a lot of baggage that'll come with updating things to match the newer Guilliman-centred events that are happening. 

I believe I've reached the requirements for bronze level - I'll still be adding stuff to the ia, and I may pop my head over to some other threads to see how things are going over there :-)

I wrote a whole post before only for internet gremlins eat it.  I was basically saying I wont get four articles done but three I think is still no mean feat.  And I shall, where possible, complete all the other challenges to Gold for all four factions.  I have about a third of the Sisters article written and I intend on editing all four as the challenges go forward.  For now, however, to offer any sort of meaningful critiques I need to start moving on that part of the challenge.  With only two days to go I hope I can even complete that.  The daemons of procrastination seem to have stuck again...

I wrote a whole post before only for internet gremlins eat it.  I was basically saying I wont get four articles done but three I think is still no mean feat.  And I shall, where possible, complete all the other challenges to Gold for all four factions.  I have about a third of the Sisters article written and I intend on editing all four as the challenges go forward.  For now, however, to offer any sort of meaningful critiques I need to start moving on that part of the challenge.  With only two days to go I hope I can even complete that.  The daemons of procrastination seem to have stuck again...

Three out of four isn't bad brother. Keep working on what you have. :tu:

That's the plan. My sister's are at about 1000 words and if my commenting today is anything to go off (3 articles in an hour...) That's may be unfortunatey where they stay as I work all tomorrow. Still will try and see how i go. All in all i an really enjoying being back in the Liber saddle

Hello everyone, it grieves me to say that I won't be able to fulfill my Oath. I could make a dozen or so excuses but I won't.

I do appreciate all the criticism I've received over the past few months. The help here will go a long way, however, it won't complete my article.

Please don't think less of me for not completing the article. I won't be jumping into future Iron Gauntlet challenges, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for understanding and have a pleasant day.

Hello everyone, it grieves me to say that I won't be able to fulfill my Oath. I could make a dozen or so excuses but I won't.

I do appreciate all the criticism I've received over the past few months. The help here will go a long way, however, it won't complete my article.

Please don't think less of me for not completing the article. I won't be jumping into future Iron Gauntlet challenges, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for understanding and have a pleasant day.

No reason why you cannot finish the IA though, dont let the deadline dishearten you. We are all very friendly here, and always willing to help

Hey Olis-is a comment on the Night Vipers in the Ouroborus Perdition thread alongside a comment on the Black Ronin (both constructive crit. of course) counted for the IG or is each thread counted as one?

I am at 18, I think. Will be trying to make it to 20 by tonight and commenting on a chapter who'se author ive already held dialouge with would work better for me than two new people.

Still have to finish Combat Doctrine and one exemplary battle.

At which time does the deadline end?

Gold for the article and silver for feedback is more than satisfying for my standards. :D

Hey Olis-is a comment on the Night Vipers in the Ouroborus Perdition thread alongside a comment on the Black Ronin (both constructive crit. of course) counted for the IG or is each thread counted as one?

I am at 18, I think. Will be trying to make it to 20 by tonight and commenting on a chapter who'se author ive already held dialouge with would work better for me than two new people.

Each thread counts as one. 

At which time does the deadline end?

Nominally it will be midnight GMT tomorrow night, though I will allow a little leeway for our brothers further west from me. That means one or two hours after midnight for you, iirc.

Gold for the article and silver for feedback is more than satisfying for my standards. :biggrin.:

Remember, if your lowest rank is silver for feedback then that will mean you will score the silver rank overall.

huh...I'm getting short of sleep this night. ^^

Think that I got around 15 now... 5 to go and uploading the rest of my article. It's possible. ;)

... And just about any chance I had of getting any further with things just disappeared to due some idiot lighting things on fire he shouldn't and me spending what little time I had away from work putting it out (I am a volunteer firey so this sort of this is common).  I might, at a push, make it to Silver but even that seems doubtful at this stage.

Meh, ain't anything wrong with Bronze.  And as was always the idea with the Iron Gauntlet it was about pushing myself.  I am satisfied with two 3000 word articles and two more all but done.  I am sorry I am letting others down with missing critiques but in this case it seems along with my procrastination life has pushed back.  I guess I will just make it up in the next few challenges :wink:  

So while I'm still working on formatting and getting the images I want lined up, I know it's also time to start part two of our merry challenge!

We of the November IX have taken up your Challenges. It is time now for challenge the second. Therefore I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the second and rest of the many challenges and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor, the Fires of Time, and Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail. Tempus Bellum per Novem!

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/Mobile%20Uploads/BABE4F5E-DC34-46E7-B974-53C2EE050757_zpsnyes9vo0.jpg

I think that I got it.

Posted some feedback (which hopefully was constructive) in 20 thread and did upload enough stuff to reach gold. Nevertheless, Combat Doctrine and Exemplary Battles will follow in the next minutes. :D

=][=

Barring a few extra hours for those of you on the American continent, CHALLENGE THE FIRST IS OVER

I will be posting up a new thread in the WIP forum for Challenge the Second tomorrow and will be totting up the results of the first challenge between now and over the weekend.

=][=