Liberalia Martiale 2017 - THE IRON GAUNTLET

Olis

Any way I could get a reckoning of my progress in the first challenge? I know I'm well over word count but I lost track of how many C&Cs I've done. 

Indeed you are over the word count, brother - all you need to do now is give critique to eighteen fellow Gauntleteers to qualify for the Gold rank. You have done this only twice so far. 

... I still have two articles to write, one to potentially rewrite plus 19 articles to comment in... :wacko.:

Piece of cake.... :cool.:

If you can manage a Gold rank on four articles and get in the required critique to qualify, I'll eat my own hat. Or give you a special badge. One of the two. ^_^

So is that a give 60 Critiques.... There isn't that many articles in the competition.  Or is it write four to 3000 words and just do the 20 critiques?  If the later, well then Challenge accepted brother... :wink:

Write four, give twenty. I wish we had sixty threads to critique but I think I'd still say four & twenty (blackbirds). ^_^

My apologies for the late reply, brothers. I had attempted to do a complete run down yesterday, then the warp devoured my post and the several hours that went into it (the auto-restore gave me a version from before all the hard work). So, enthusiasm has been severely waning for the past two days - but rest assured, brothers, I will provide the requested information tomorrow.   

Can I get a checkup for where I am on recommendations as well?

Currently, you have critiqued two articles and your current IA runs in at just over a thousand words. You'll be eligible for a Bronze rank if you critique three more articles.

Ditto.

Your IA is currently long enough to fulfil the Gold rank stipulation but you have currently only critiqued eight articles. You will need to critique two more to achieve the Silver rank, or twelve more for Gold.

Me too, plz! kkthxbye <3

As for you, brother, you need just over a hundred words to qualify the article for a Gold rank. Your critique has got you to the Silver rank, so you need another ten for Gold.

As I am doing two IA. Would it be easier if I had two seperate topics?

From my point of view, no. It's easier for me if you keep everything in the same thread (or even, preferably, in the same post). But, for you, possibly. Do you wish to separate them?

Now, remember brothers, you must fulfil BOTH conditions to be awarded the appropriate rank badge. If you have a massive article but only critique five other articles, then you are only going to get a Bronze badge. At this moment in time, most people are eligible only for Bronze, with smattering of Silvers and a bare few Golds. We also have those that won't get a badge at all, so you all need to step up your game unless you know otherwise.

I, Brother Emund, of the Emperor’s Vengeance Chapter take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the First (Bronze)Challenge and The Final Challenge and submit them to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

2 to 12 more critiques you say? Challenge Accepted.

That's the spirit. ;)

Thank you Olis.

Giving 10 more feedback will be difficult. Was never good at it. However, I'll try my best. :smile.:

100 words? THAT will be no problem at all. :tongue.:

Just remember to be absolutely sure how many words your article is (stick in Microsoft Word and it'll count the amount of words for you), because if you're one word off... 

I, Brother Emund, of the Emperor’s Vengeance Chapter take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the First (Bronze)Challenge and The Final Challenge and submit them to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

Well now, that's interesting. A very late entry into the first challenge. Good luck to you brother.

I think I've hit both requirements for gold, though I do still want to post a reformatted version of my IA in the standard format.

You have indeed, brother. Before the forum ate my final-week round-up post, I had noticed you were eligible for the Gold rank.  

Could you let me know who I've already C&C'ed, I'm trying to plug out all 20 before the deadline so I can achieve gold so I'd like to avoid hitting the same IAs too many times. Thanks!

In fairness, this is the sort of detail that individual Fraters should track themselves... but I'll be here to help, regardless. Here's the list of articles that you've critiqued so far:

Cryptix  Eternal Sentinels

MysticTemplar The Wardens of Mercury (Technically, you have commented in this thread but no actual critique was given)

Kelborn  Imperial Sons

Brink Knights Defiant

Minigiant  Black Ronin & Night Vipers

Edited by Olis

If I may, for anyone looking to see how many of the Iron Gauntlet threads they've posted in can do so by clicking on "Custom" in the thread display bar at the top of the topics, when you do you then click on the "Show Topic Type" drop down and pick "Topics I Replied In" to get a list of topics that they've actually replied in. That said, Thank you Olis!