DA 8th Edition Info

Ezzeran

So a 6 wound mini dies on a new gets hot roll to hit roll of 1, dangerous times for overcharged plasma cannon with its' multiple shots. I guess we're gonna be wounding Chaos marines on 3+ usually then. :wink:

The re-roll is useful but no save and dead instead of wounded is dangerous.

It is, but Sammael's supercharge rule is written as impacting him on a Hit roll of 1, this means he can reroll any bad results because of his Rite of Battle and Master of the Ravenwing special rules. That means you've only got a 3% chance of him killing himself per shot. Not sure I'd take it, but still.

In other bad news, it seems like we don't have our own psychic discipline. We obviously can't see the full text, but on the top right of the page that shows our special rules, you can see a mention of "Librarius Discipline" but no reference to Interromancy. Fingers crossed it's there and we just can't see it.

I did mention the reroll :wink:

And shooting d3 times makes it riskier too. :tongue.:

You did, I actually accidentally edited out the whole reason I brought it up: that Sammael's 'supercharge' wording allows the re-roll, but not all plasma weapons do. I'm pretty sure I've seen a plasma cannon somewhere that said 'on a D6 roll of a 1' or something like that. I remember noting that it specifically didn't mention a Hit roll.

Yup, does get riskier, but it's a 3% chance of death for 1 shot, 6% for 2 shots and 9% for 3 shots, so again, not the end of the world.

Yeah, under the new rules morale is only rolled for once per player turn. So Deathwing (presumably) are immune to morale casualties. Which is cool, but with high leadership and low model count it was rarely going to be an issue anyway.

Even though I didn't like improved overwatch when it first came out in 7th, I loved it by the time I got the hang of Lion's Blade. Pretty gutted to see it gone, especially just as assault makes a resurgence in importance.

Sammael is a beast!

I guess that UFORGIVEN is the special rule for DW and selected characters

I guess you can make a Chaplain Intertogator adding to the generic Chaplain the UNFORGIVEN special rule (and probably you get it autonatic getting the Terminator Chaplain)

We must see all the rules to judge

Sammael is a beast!

I guess you can make a Chaplain Intertogator adding to the generic Chaplain the UNFORGIVEN special rule (and probably you get it autonatic getting the Terminator Chaplain)

My best guess is that Deathwing Terminators, Deathwing Knights, Deathwing Apothecaries, Deathwing Ancients, Deathwing Champions, Interrogator-Chaplains, and other units specific to the Dark Angels are not on that list because they have their own data slates. These lists only include units that are just carbon copies of space marine units like apothecaries, company champions, company veterans, etc. Even our company masters are simply renamed versions of captains, just like Sanguinary Novitiates for Blood Angels.

Sammael is a beast!

My best guess is that Deathwing Terminators, Deathwing Knights, Deathwing Apothecaries, Deathwing Ancients, Deathwing Champions, Interrogator-Chaplains, and other units specific to the Dark Angels are not on that list because they have their own data slates. These lists only include units that are just carbon copies of space marine units like apothecaries, company champions, company veterans, etc. Even our company masters are simply renamed versions of captains, just like Sanguinary Novitiates for Blood Angels.
Yes

I guess that is the list of generic SM unita that DA can take

In fact it doesnt list DA units like Azrael Asmodai and so on ;)

What is the Mace of Absolution stats?

And what do interrogator chaplains do?

- the only thing we know about maces is that they are D2 and if you kill a model with the first wound you make the second one is not wasted but it goes to another model

- we still don't know anything about Interrogator-Chaplains

Edit: Also, "Imperial Space Marine"? Uh, that's not a term I've heard before. And looks like we STILL can't put a captain on a bike. Guess successor chapters continue to get the shaft.

The weapons of the Imperial Spacemarine, the desintegration combi and pistol, are also in the weaponslist. I guess we should be happy that our hard fought LE-mini is still relevant, but it might mean they will be available for general acces as well. For a plastic model, it was silly to make it limited.

Taken off Facebook, on phone at work so link away

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/13185-da-leak/

DM

Are the source pictures larger resolution? Most of those pages are unreadable.

Edit: One thing I'm taking form this is HOLY :censored:: Sableclaw is a beast. I love the Jetbike model for Sammy, but that Sableclaw is a beast infantry clearer, and is just as good in combat. And it picks up an extra wound! Most impressive. That said, looks like it will be more for it this time around.

Edited by Brother-Captain Sharp

I can't read most of the pages, but I like where this is going. Not having to buy BK command squad just for apothecary or standard is a nice touch.

What has been intimated is that Command squads have some interaction with IC's, sponge wounds for characters?

Your not going to take an IC like an apothecary only to have him singled out by snipers, while the sniper is thematic it doesn't make much sense game wise having your IC's nuked T1.

Game wise for SM forces you'd expect a couple of 5 man sniper squads in the 2000 point force but we know that given a fluffy rule then if it can be abused it will so I'd expect some way of that you can take palm off wounds. We've already got an example with Tau and drones.  

I can't read most of the pages, but I like where this is going. Not having to buy BK command squad just for apothecary or standard is a nice touch.

What has been intimated is that Command squads have some interaction with IC's, sponge wounds for characters?

Your not going to take an IC like an apothecary only to have him singled out by snipers, while the sniper is thematic it doesn't make much sense game wise having your IC's nuked T1.

Game wise for SM forces you'd expect a couple of 5 man sniper squads in the 2000 point force but we know that given a fluffy rule then if it can be abused it will so I'd expect some way of that you can take palm off wounds. We've already got an example with Tau and drones.  

The way I understood it was that characters could only be singled out for shooting if tehy were the closest unit within 12" so if the character hangs back behind a squad he should be safe from sniping. But I could have misread it and it only applies to IC's and apothecaries and such are not IC's.

Either way there should be a game mechanic to prevent single characters like to be targeted, so they'll probably be able to join squads or something.

Things are still a little hazy with so many revelations. ;)

The way I understood it was that characters could only be singled out for shooting if tehy were the closest unit within 12" so if the character hangs back behind a squad he should be safe from sniping. But I could have misread it and it only applies to IC's and apothecaries and such are not IC's.

Either way there should be a game mechanic to prevent single characters like to be targeted, so they'll probably be able to join squads or something.

Things are still a little hazy with so many revelations. :wink:

Snipers ignore the rule that you are referring to, which is a thing.

-After looking through the higher res leaks, some small things and bigger things.

-Black Knights will be much squishier, but also more mobile and able to deliver full firepower at longer range.

-Apothecaries look much, much, much worse than they are now. I mean, man, that Narthecium rule is terrible compared to FNP on a squad.

-The swords of our Masters are pretty boss all around, with each having some major bonus.

-The Darkshroud is worse now than it was, but that was expected. Hopefully they point it accordingly.

-Attack bikes lost an attack, so no more gunner swinging out the sidecar, I suppose.

-Deathwing Knights lost most of what made them stand out from regular terminators, though their maces are pretty boss. 

-Ezekiel has an INVULN!!!

-Buuut only casts two powers (did Mastery levels get nerfed or is he just getting hit here?). :/

-Champion's blades are naaaasty. Man they cut stuff up.

-Asmodai has Ezekiel's old +1 Attack bubble, so will probably replace him for when I'm trying to stack the most attacks on my Terminators as I can.

-Mind Worm is just boring compared to what it was. Yawn.

-Azrael's back in the HQ saddle and looking good. Excited to get my counts-as back onto the table.