8th Edition & BA

Charlo

Yeah I disagree with you there, Antodeniel. I don't see the logic in Red Thirst increasing the Movement at all.

Maybe it's simply +1 to hit in melee for the first round or something simple like that.

Red Thirst might not be a movement bonus at all. It could just be +1S on the charge or +2A on the charge, or +1 to hit when you charge, et cetera. I think banking on it being movement related might be disappointing, and nothing about the Red Thirst from a fluff point of view actually means it should be a movement bonus. I think honestly seeing depictions of Thirsty marines in the books, a bonus attack on the charge would make the most sense. But since it's a vague concept it could really be anything.

Frankly I hope it has nothing to do with on the charge...

Red Thirst might not be a movement bonus at all. It could just be +1S on the charge or +2A on the charge, or +1 to hit when you charge, et cetera. I think banking on it being movement related might be disappointing, and nothing about the Red Thirst from a fluff point of view actually means it should be a movement bonus. I think honestly seeing depictions of Thirsty marines in the books, a bonus attack on the charge would make the most sense. But since it's a vague concept it could really be anything.

Frankly I hope it has nothing to do with on the charge...

I just imagined this to be based on Movement, but as you said, it can also buff Attack/Strenght/To Hit...etc, and maybe not only on Charge. (But it could also be some a Furious Charge + Rage mix. There are a lots of possibilities.)

Also, i think, that reasonably, we will see :

- Eviscerators (For Assault Squad, but i can easily imagine that it will end up in the hands of Captains and Assault Veterans...)

- Frag Canon (To end with the Deathwatch profile VS Blood Angels profile)

- Land Speeder Storm (Just imagine your scouts landing and charging from one of those speeder....)

- Stormtalon...

- And a couple of other things i may not remember^^.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, with the end of the Templates, i think that depending of how it work, our Hand-Flammers, Heavy-Flamers, Frag-Canon, and Baal Flamestorm Canon, will become more effectives. (Oh ! And as for the Lightning Claws "new working", i can now imagine that the Baal will end up "cooking" some other vehicles crew...till their vehicle end up as black as coil^^.)

I can see red thirst giving us a +1 to move, it would represent them running faster to combat. Though I would rather have a +1 WS and S or S and Attack

Regardless, I hope there is a drawback to it.

Edited by Arkangilos

I'd like Eviscerators for Death Company. #RuleofCool

What gives me hope for BA in 8th:

• Chargers strike first and maybe Unwieldy is not a thing
  • What Faction may get to keep its Assault Terminators with Power Fists/ThunderHammers Charging from no-scatter Deep Strike?

What gives me pause about BA in 8th:

• They explicitly said one of the Command Points would be to interupt enemy Charges (either canceling the charge or removing the Chargers-strike-first bonus). That could reaaaaally hurt us especially if it's a common thing

Posted · Hidden by Morticon, April 26, 2017 - edited quoted post. Hid to avoid escalation
Hidden by Morticon, April 26, 2017 - edited quoted post. Hid to avoid escalation

From rumours so far it seems that WH40k will turn into Chess-(tard)-machine where people are calculating who can charge what 1st...

~BT

Hey, could you not use words like '-tard'? It's a term with some pretty unpleasant connotations.

we can hopefully do dredzilla lists...

jump paks will be back with avengance...

armoured assault is back.. fists and rhinos

and fast vindicators are gonna be awesome

i also think blood angel will get loads of command points for been fluffy

Edited by redshadow

I'd like Eviscerators for Death Company. #RuleofCool

What gives me hope for BA in 8th:

• Chargers strike first and maybe Unwieldy is not a thing
  • What Faction may get to keep its Assault Terminators with Power Fists/ThunderHammers Charging from no-scatter Deep Strike?

What gives me pause about BA in 8th:

• They explicitly said one of the Command Points would be to interupt enemy Charges (either canceling the charge or removing the Chargers-strike-first bonus). That could reaaaaally hurt us especially if it's a common thing

They also said a CAD with just the minimum stuff will get you 0 Command Points so I don't think anybody will be able to spam them. We just gotta avoid clutch melee situations as long as the enemy still has CP left and such an ability available. Charge with 2+ units if it's an important fight and you're good since iirc one can only use one CP per phase. :wink:

gallery_48822_12866_6492.jpg

After building 10 of these guys 5 assault and 5 shooty. I will literally loose my :censored: if they become good again!

I poured every ounce of my hobby into these terminators and more $$ sourcing parts than I would allow my wife to know! Bring on 8th I say!

Imagine if we finally get access to Tartaros or Cataphractii Terminator armor...oh boy! :biggrin.:

(I think that's very much a possibility given that GW several times used those in their BA articles and even made a conversion guide...the whole playtesting thing should be going on for a while already so they and the staff knowing about 8th edition changes should have known about it for a long time already and probably already made their preparations)

Edited by sfPanzer

They put up some weapons here.  Boltgun is rapid fire 1, which is interesting.  I'm assuming that means you double the number in half range (though it might just stay +1 shot) so you could have a weapon (like maybe a Heavy Bolter) be RF 2 or 3 and pump out a ton of shots close up.  I think that would help the HB a lot, actually, if it was RF with more than one shot base instead of heavy.  

Ok, this resolves the issue of multiple template weapons with different profiles nicely!

I wonder if gunslinging hand flamers will be able to do 2D6 hits.

I still think D6 hits for a template is low. D6+1 or +2 Would be better, I think, You can generally hit minimum 3 with a flamer.

I really want to know what the new heavy bolter profile looks like. 

EDIT:

Lacannons are only -3 to saves, making them the equivalent of modern AP4. Dreads will get a 6+ saves against them and termies will still get a 5+ save. D6 wounds means a termie stands a reasonable chance of surviving a hit.

If Land raiders get T10, 2+ save with 12+ wounds...that will be tasty.

Edited by Xenith

Yeah the flamer is a mixed result, I think.  On the one hand, you can hit that lone guy 6 times, but you also might hit that tightly packed group only once.  

Yeah the flamer is a mixed result, I think.  On the one hand, you can hit that lone guy 6 times, but you also might hit that tightly packed group only once.  

*Ponders the new range of a flamestorm cannon*.

If tanks are treated like MC's now, I guess sponson position is less of an issue. 3D6 hits from a hopefully outflanking Baal will be hella fun.

RIP Flamer Template... I'll miss you buddy. You're only cookin' fools in Shadow War now!

Should have been D6+1, or D3+3 IMO, it's just too variable for my tastes at the moment - especially when I used to drop four templates down and hit most of a squad.

I'm guessing the Heavy Flamer will be a -1AP modifier and the Flamestorm may even be -2 with D3 damage? So we'd still have a 5+ against it.

I wonder if Flamers ignore cover still?

I feel like the flamer should be D6+1 also. And should be 9" rather than 8 since the template is 8.5" long.

I'll be okay with it in any case as I have loads of flamers lol.

I wonder if the plasma weapons will have 2 shooting profiles like in shadow war.

I think d3+3 sounds nice when you think about hordes but would be brutal against single models or small squads, so I can see why they didn't do that (I'm thinking particularly of flame Baal and such there).  Hopefully the Heavy Flamer and Flamestorm Cannon actually hit more or have longer range in addition to increased strength and AP.

Edited by Tyriks

Yes, the flame weapons all had different ranges in 2nd ed.

I dont know how well this will work in 8th, when a single unit has access to multiple flame weapons, it'll make some horrible range mismatches.

I'm hoping same range, better S and AP, and anything with a template weapon gets to overwatch.

I wonder what the Frag Cannon will do!