hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

micahwc

I didn't even realize that Celestine is a beast anti flyer?

Cause technically she is one, so she can charge them?

She (and the gemini) have the fly rule, so she is able to charge flyers - the rules for this are under the flyer entries (such as the valkyrie) rather than the main rules.

Though valkyries are tougher than battle-tanks (T7, 3+, 14 wounds). Celestine would still put around 8 wounds on one.

@Valorous Heart:

I've tried, twice, to reply to you now and both times the post has been eaten or I've been timed out of the site. I'm a little irritated by that so it may be a while before I reply to you but I will because, son, you need to hear what I have to say. But I will say this: you need to go to the discussion forum and read. The rules are all there, leaks for armies are there, and it's abundantly clear in those leaks that you pay for every piece of wargear from bolters and frag grenades to lascannons to dreadnaught power fists. It just happens that some of these items cost 0, some don't.

Take your time, or you can email me if that is easier. I would love to hear what you have to say, but you should drop the condescending tone. You may be right, but you may also be wrong. Unless you have the book in your hand, there will always be a lack of certainty to your claims.

I have read the leaks. Yes I know that (some of) the rules are there, including (some of) the rules for the armies. But when I look at the images, I see light glares that distort the words, and poor cropping that cuts off part of the text. And it is obvious that whole pages are missing. Sure I can use contextual clues to fill in the blanks... But that is hardly a clear and complete copy of the rules.

We also don't know 100% who took these pictures. And more to the point, when they were taken. I am not sure how long you have been in this hobby, so I'll assume that you have been here as long as I have. I started playing in 2nd edition. And for each editition we get leaks and rumors and wild speculation and just a pinch of OMG the sky is falling.

We saw this with AOS. And we got to watch a video of a player setting fire to their model collection. And I got to watch people eat crow when they admitted that they like AOS better, and wished they hadn't got ride of their collections, because they want those old models again.

And finally, I tend to find the consensus on the internet to be wrong most of the time. Primarily because the internet tends to jump to conclusions without all of the facts. There is also the issue of the unknown source framing a limited selection of facts to support their conclusions. Where people might come to a different conclusion if they had all of the facts and none of the framing.

When I get my new books, I'm going to read the rules fully. And probably more than once. Then I'm going to lay out the models I want to play and make sure I understand the specific rules regarding those models. After that I'll consider the formations available and see which ones work with the models I want to use, to find the one that gives the best benefit to my play style.

I'll do that with both my sisters and my Ravenwing. From there I'm going to work out the power level for both armies, and tweak both lists till they are the same power level. Lastly I'll check the points level for both armies, and make adjustments to bring them in line with game sizes that my LGS tends to play. Recalculate the power levels of both lists. And finally quiz myself on my units rules.

What I'm expecting to find is very interesting correlation between points and power levels. I suspect that the better tournament organizers will work out a handicap system that is based on a hybrid of points and power levels. And I'm sure that if we test it we can create lists from the same codex that have similar power levels and very different points, and lists that have similar points and very different power levels.

Ultimately if this is a good system, and the numbers are tweaked after feedback that we'll find that as long as the points and power levels of 2 lists are close to one another, the outcome of the game won't be a forgone conclusion.

Am I reading the leaks right in that sisters of silence are rolled into sisters of battle?

They are just another 'imperium' faction for the purposes of playing armies together. They are also all elite - and the sisters already have 10 elite units out of 21 total units (including transports) and the slot is the only way to 'buy faith' so it's a bit cramped.

That is a good point. It's hard to show just how dire things are and how much the Space Marines are needed if their is no Sororitas to kill off.

"One Ultramarine's death is a tragedy. A million imperial guardsmen is a statistic. Eighty-five percent of all sisters of battle is a quota."

~ Games Workship Lore Overlord, honest.

I find it highly unlikely, but I hope there is a missing rule somewhere that lets the Exorcist attack stat of 3 fire the Exorcist missile launcher 3 times :).

I also hope repentia prove to be useful.  I have always liked the repentia models, but my squad sees little use.

Otherwise I find the rules...acceptable.  It may simply be like a neglected child treasuring any praise, but simply having rules included in the initial release feels nice.  

One of my favourite squads has always been a 4 HB retributor squad with imagifier.  It now looks to be as scary as it was a few editions ago when it had rending.  Firing twice is 24 of str 5 -1 ap shots, at 36" range.  Combined with a 2+ save sitting in a building or other cover, and it is a solid unit.  If I start including a hospitaler to heal them...  I enjoy the possibilities.

I like that we again truly have options.  I will have to wait until I see the final rules, but it does look like I will be able to play my sisters how I want to play them, and not be forced into certain lists just to have a slim chance.  

Any news yet on the Order rules.

It'll be nice have a way to shake things up with "chapters".

Right now, there aren't any. The closest thing to Chapter Tactics are:

* Tycho the Lost and Death Company units (actual DC, DC Dread) get +1 attack the turn they charge and can ignore wounds taken on a 6+

* Dark Angel special characters (except Sammael), Interrogator-Chaplains, and Deathwing Characters (apothecary, etc) automatically pass morale and also re-roll failed to-hit rolls when fighting Fallen in the Fight phase

* Sammael, Ravenwing Characters and Ravenwing units have a 5+ invulnerable until your next movement phase if they advance. This includes the Nephalim.

Chaos Marks don't seem to have any benefit atm that I can find, except that Khorne is prohibited to Psykers.

Huh... after taking a long look, it also seems that all of our "holy relics" are now gone too. Or have they been reallocated under a different faction?

Relics and the like will come later in Codexes. They did the same with AoS.

I really don't understand what's going on with Power Levels. Repentia are 3 Power for three, while Death Cult Assassins are 1 Power for two ... and yet they're both 17 point models with no alternative equipment options.

Officially Power Levels are strictly based on points. Specifically the base cost of a model plus half the cost of their possible upgrades. Seeing as Repentia have 22 point upgrades well, they're going to run heavier on the PL side of things. Some folks have done math on Dakka and apparently 1 PL = ~20 points.

So yeah....Repentia got shafted because their gear is overcosted. Again.

I really don't understand what's going on with Power Levels. Repentia are 3 Power for three, while Death Cult Assassins are 1 Power for two ... and yet they're both 17 point models with no alternative equipment options.

Officially Power Levels are strictly based on points. Specifically the base cost of a model plus half the cost of their possible upgrades. Seeing as Repentia have 22 point upgrades well, they're going to run heavier on the PL side of things. Some folks have done math on Dakka and apparently 1 PL = ~20 points.

So yeah....Repentia got shafted because their gear is overcosted. Again.

Repentia don't pay for the wargear.  They come with "Penitent Eviscerators", which have a cost of 0.

Archived