hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

micahwc

YAY! Weapons part 2 is out

!https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/new-warhammer-40000-weapons-part-2-may10gw-homepage-post-4/

I presumed from all the talk, heavy bolter nerf was fact, my apologies. I was also joking, since i just bought 4 full price from GW smile.png Even if Sisters end up being the worse army in 8th, I will still play them and with a smile on my face! My faith is strong! Really excited for 8th! X

New40kWeapons2TwinHB.jpg

That's a Twin Linked HB so a normal one will just be Heavy 3. doesn't seem like that huge a nerf to me.

It has went from killing guardsmen, nids and eldar on a 2+ and orcs, crons and marine scouts on a 3+ with no save to wounding them on all a 3+ and allowing a save. That is sadly a huge nerf and as it is likely the heavy flamer will have the same strength and rend stat as the heavy bolter along with the new normal boltgun stats means that all three of our light to medium infantry killing weapons have got worse at killing light and medium infantry one way or another.

In exchange the chance to kill a marine out in the open has went up slightly.

The battle canon and melta gun profiles give us an idea of what we can expect from the Exorcist Launcher.

I'm placing my bet that we'll see this on release day.

Exorcist Launcher    Range 48    Heavy D6    S8    AP-4    Damage D3

I suppose I'm not to worried, since honestly I like seeing models get some kind of save, and 80% of the time I'm up against power armour anyway, so the -1 AP is more valuable to me

Yeah that's exactly what I've been thinking ValorousHeart

Oh please please please pleeeeeeaase let dominions get outflank. 4 melta, 1 combimelta, 1 (2) multimeltas...7 melta shots *drool* delete about any big nasty you point them at.

Very please combi weapons aren't the one hit wonder they used to be. So very true Dante, a condemnor squad does suddenly sound worth taking...or combi flamer/melta.

I would be over the moon if celestians had access to squad wide combi weps. There's your incentive for celestians right there!

The battle canon and melta gun profiles give us an idea of what we can expect from the Exorcist Launcher.

I've been mocking people that they're going to find out just how unreliable exorcists are because now they're getting the exact same random D6 mechanic we've suffered for so long.

While I imagine you're probably right about -4 rather than -3 if GW sticks to the pattern we've seen, I'll be quite disappointed if this turns out to be accurate. The Exorcist is going to fire an equal number to or less shots than the Predator Annihilator two-thirds of the time (and at a lower Strength) and will have a lower chance to wound anything at Toughness 8 or 9 even through a 2+ armour save. If you make the Exorcist only deal D3 rather than D6 wounds on top of that then you have a vehicle which is going to be significantly worse at dealing with armour against pretty much anything tougher than a Dreadnought. Not only should the Predator be causing more unsaved wounds than the Exorcist the vast majority of the time, those unsaved wounds should strip notably more Wounds from the target.

While I imagine you're probably right about -4 rather than -3 if GW sticks to the pattern we've seen, I'll be quite disappointed if this turns out to be accurate. The Exorcist is going to fire an equal number to or less shots than the Predator Annihilator two-thirds of the time (and at a lower Strength) and will have a lower chance to wound anything at Toughness 8 or 9 even through a 2+ armour save. If you make the Exorcist only deal D3 rather than D6 wounds on top of that then you have a vehicle which is going to be significantly worse at dealing with armour against pretty much anything tougher than a Dreadnought. Not only should the Predator be causing more unsaved wounds than the Exorcist the vast majority of the time, those unsaved wounds should strip notably more Wounds from the target.

I kinda agree with this. i'm expecting the stat line to be a mirror of the melta gun as it currently is, so 1D6 wounds.

By way of comparison, a las pred looks like this:

Quad lascannon   Range 48   Heavy 4   S9   AP -3   Damage D6

With split fire on three targets.

By no means a deal breaker of any kind for the exorcist, as with the sisters themselves it's all down to cost (and of course the actual exorcist launcher may be far more substantial)

Points are definitely one of the big things. It's going to be fascinating to learn both what the new paradigm is - GW isn't bound to repeating the same sort of figures they've used since 3rd Edition like 14-15 point Space Marines - and how rules changes like the new profiles for vehicles and Twin-Linked weapons alter the cost of certain units relative to those who don't benefit as much from the new edition.

That being said, the way they've been talking about not having to wait forever for an update to fix over/under powered stuff is a beacon of hope. I'm not expecting them to get everything right on the first go. I expect that the first time blatantly broken and OP stuff starts to show up in tournaments it'll be nerfed fairly quickly. on the flip side i'm also expecting that when things start getting under represented or are consistently not doing well they'll get a buff to bring them more into line. That's partly why I'm hopeful about Celestians actually being useful.

That being said, the way they've been talking about not having to wait forever for an update to fix over/under powered stuff is a beacon of hope. I'm not expecting them to get everything right on the first go. I expect that the first time blatantly broken and OP stuff starts to show up in tournaments it'll be nerfed fairly quickly. on the flip side i'm also expecting that when things start getting under represented or are consistently not doing well they'll get a buff to bring them more into line. That's partly why I'm hopeful about Celestians actually being useful.

I agree that the most blatantly broken and OP stuff will show up at tournaments first.

Why should that crowd change their strips now?

I also feel that no matter what changes GW makes.... the most blatantly broken and OP stuff will show up at tournaments.

Like I said, why should that crowd change their strips?

Flamer armed dominions and distributors with a hit threat range of 5-55? Tasty. Too much math to figure out sound chances but with that many potential dice, it's gotta be good.

You might want to check your maths because 5 Dominions with 4 flamers and 1 combi-plasma should do 5-30 hits, not 5-55. Because the distribution is (should be?) normal, half the time you'll do 17 or fewer hits, half the time 18 or more with the extremes incredibly unlikely (1/7776).

Correction to my last. FULL squads with 5 flame weapons have hit range of 5-50 unlikely to do max but it's possible, just like its possible to score 50 wounds :p

Heh I've certainly noticed this before, so it hardly registers with me at this point, but in American English (or whatever the heck I speak) "maths" isn't a word. :D any set of calculations of any size is just "math," so I would have said "check your math"

Lol.

I get the feeling we'll be seeing more full squads of units and not as many of the min sizes, with the new edition. If nothing else to help act as wounds buffer for the morale phase.

Archived