New BT dice for 8th edition

This is what the Chessex homepage says about shipping custom dice:

Within the USA - Shipping and handling within the Continental United States is either $7.00 or 7% of the value of the shipment over $100.00 Shipments will be sent ground using UPS unless otherwise arranged. Air shipments can be sent at the expense of the customer. Ask for a price quote for air freight if you would like to receive your product this way.

Overseas and Canada - We ship to locations outside the United States via United States Postal Service. Shipping outside the USA is billed at actual cost and can be sent insured and/or registered mail. We can quote you a cost once we have the product pulled and weighed.

*this price may change without

About their uk office they say:

Chessex has opened a branch office in the UK.

This location offers the full range of currently available Chessex products. Consumer and trade inquiries for European markets are welcome. Please call, or email for pricing and availability.

So they maybe should do custom dice in the uk?

Also found a Germany company that can engrave coloured wooden dice. But I am fairly sure that those colour will look worse than what chessex or similar companies might offer with artificial materials

Despite the presence of an office in the UK, I doubt production happens outside of the US (or Asia?) so if we can find someone in the US who's willing to do all the legwork, that'd be the priority, with a UK-based Frater only being relevant if we can't find someone on the other side of the pond.

Design-wise, I'd vote for the simple cross design.

Passing thought: should we perhaps make a new thread for this new dice run? Just so that people don't 1) have to read through a thread full of older stuff and 2) for there to be the least amount of confusion.

Just a heads up, if nobody has done so, someone should email Chessex and make sure they will still custom make those designs. I contacted them about a month ago about custom dice for my army and their current policy seems to be that they won't do any design that GW has ever touched in the past 30 years. It would be horrible if you all get things sorted out and then they refuse to do it. Good luck!

The ratio is slightly greater than 2:1 in favour of simple black cross (currently has 15 votes versus 7 for the skull and cross).

Since the majority of the people who voted skull and cross also voted for simple cross, at this point (might still change), I think we should just focus on the simple cross design.

The ratio is slightly greater than 2:1 in favour of simple black cross (currently has 15 votes versus 7 for the skull and cross).

Since the majority of the people who voted skull and cross also voted for simple cross, at this point (might still change), I think we should just focus on the simple cross design.

Let's make it happen. 

How are colors looking?

I don't mind doing the organising and contacting Chessex but we need someone in the US who would be willing to receive and then send off the dice. As mentioned previously, I don't live in the US (or the UK).

I could do the US side of things but I may be moving relatively soon so if I take charge of distribution we would either need to do this soon or after I move. As I am moving for my job I don't have a concrete date but my higher ups are saying about mid-march for when I will need to move to where my new job will be.

Right, got an answer from Chessex. Do we go with the same colours as last time (i.e. white/black, ivory/black, black/white, black/red, black/gold)? If so, I'll order some samples.

Note: You don't have to decide exactly which colour you want at this point, this is mostly to get samples of the colour combos we want. Once we have them, we'll take numbers for dice colours. :tu:

Those colors all sound good. I can do the US distribution if needed but I’m also fine waiting till CaptnRussia moves (if I recall last time it took awhile the get the order ready anyways). That said I think I prefer letting CaptnRussia represent the US for the irony.

Archived