New BT dice for 8th edition

Each design carries its own price, so if you order 100 of one and 400 of another then the price per would not be the 500, it would be whatever each individual design is. In essence it's two completely different orders

I like the narrow cross as well, so would be fine with that. If that's the way we end up going, I'd change my order, but still keep it in the 30-40 count range.

Ah that's unfortunate. I personally would only be interested in the more simple design I posted with the narrow cross so if everyone is wanting the design with the skull then I'll bow out and you can use my thread to organise.

However if there are others more interested in the newer design I posted then I suggest we either look at a separate order or combine the 2 orders to save postage and then ship out accordingly. If everyone who's interested wants to post clearly stating which design/colour they want, how many of that design/colour and their location we should get a clear idea.

I still think the majority of interest will be from the US where Chessex is based so the main order should be from someone there to save on initial postage. For UK postage he quoted me nearly $40 for 50 dice which is ridiculous when secret weapon don't charge that much for orders of $200+ of resin miniatures...

Thanks Ace, just saw your post on the spreadsheet, sounds like a great idea - could maybe just add another column for 'Design' and people can put their preference for 'Skull Cross' or 'Standard Cross' - I think we're in agreement of the two designs for the Standard Cross we want the narrower one. Feel free to use those images for the order.

Cheers

Ewww, I can feel that nice bulk discount fading as new designs fall into the mix :dry.:

I'd argue this thread was created with the purpose of ordering the solid cross design. Ace has very kindly stepped in to make the order of both designs, which I'm very appreciative of, but I'm not really willing to get a design I don't want to save a few dollars. If everyone would rather just go with the skull I said I'd bow out.

Just had the mock up back for the solid cross design with 2 other colours Marble/black and black/red, unfortunately he said black/gold is not available so I imagine this would be the case for both designs:

DSCN4677.jpg

DSCN4678.jpg

If people are interested in another colour I can certainly ask for a mock up.

Ewww, I can feel that nice bulk discount fading as new designs fall into the mix :dry.:

I'd argue this thread was created with the purpose of ordering the solid cross design. Ace has very kindly stepped in to make the order of both designs, which I'm very appreciative of, but I'm not really willing to get a design I don't want to save a few dollars. If everyone would rather just go with the skull I said I'd bow out.

Wasn't really meant as an angry outlashing or anything, mind you.   Though I'd argue the intent was to make a dice of a design, not any specific, chosen design one way or the other.  If folks want a different design I'm not about to swat them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and go "No!  It's my way or get out!"  I was simply pointing out in my sort of passive aggressive tongue in cheek way (used the wrong emoticon for the 'tongue in cheek' part but I was using my cell so didn't have the visual list) that the more variety of designs, the more expensive it gets for everyone.  If there's a really big demand it doesn't matter either way in the end :smile.:

In that same vein, the number I end up wanting does depend on the average price we end up with, which kinda messes with the premise itself: without presenting my own number, and without a set data of everyone else's desire for the same design, the price can't be determined in the first place.  Ahhh, logic, my wretched nemesis :teehee:

Anyway, yay!  The marble is as pretty as I hoped.  The tiny picture on the website looked like trash.  I based the suggestion on googled images instead.

No worries :biggrin.: we all just want some epic Templar dice after all! With the amount of interest this thread has generated over a few days I'd hope there'd be a sizeable number of both designs!

I will register on Dakkadakka and Warseer as I think there's a BT conclave at each and see if I can drum up some more interest.

Ok here is the link for the spreadsheet. We still have one more color to decide on(I added marble as it seems to be a popular choice) The document is set so that anyone who has the link an edit it. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/159LFL_VgChTqL2TvWWqF1uY0Yi0QlxPNL-8IJXSoBPg/edit?usp=sharing

Speaking of colors here is the samples they cut for me

Hidden Content
http://i.imgur.com/QPcr4sV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KJwN9rx.jpg

Awe heck I like both of those designs.

Yeah.... the other design is starting to grow on me too :lol: But I already have like 30 something dice of first design and plus the skulls are cool, everything is better with skulls :D

I've added mine and also made some posts on other BT forums linking here.

Might be worth starting a new thread with the photos of the two designs and colours and the spreadsheet link? Some people who posted interest before may not be following the thread.

Cheers

Archived