Role of Primaris Marines in RG lists

Woahdude89

Yes, it’s quite confusing what GW is going to do with PriMarines.

I was quite sure about the replacement theory over the next few editions, but they seem to appear strictly specialized to filling the gaps in the SM unit spectrum.

So… let’s wait for the codex first.

But now that people are suggesting painting them in other chapter’s colours:

Is this really a thing?

I mean, on the field they will still have to count as the same chapter for the purpose of sharing buff auras with the rest of the army.

I’d like to have a reason to include an other chapter’s detachment, but I don‘t see it happening by the current rules.

For me it has nothing to do with supporting my Raptor scouts. It's just another marine army I'll own. I treat most of my armies as separate entities and the only connection is how they would serve the Inquisition.

My gaming group had a discussion the other day about primaris marines and it was mentioned that the only chapters we felt did not fit was White Scars and Ravenguard. We were split on Crimson Fist (I'm in the group that says they wouldn't).

Now the interceptors I could see RG using a lot.

40kPrimarisReiversReveal.jpg

Ahhh so close to being good. They're push-fit and made from colored plastic... So close yet so far... They'd have to have sweet rules for me to consider the physical kit.

Infiltrating, lighter armoured close combat fighters…

I fear for scouts a bit, tbh.

And I’m not sure about the chaplain-like helmets.

To my view, the PriMarines should be most generic and in the style of Gulliman who likes everything standardized and with little fantasy-like extravagance, to be better distinguishable from chapter units with actual character. But maybe for people who actually want to love them instead of just living with them, the opposite is true.

Same as grimly looking hooded or masked heads, where you barely see anything from the actually elaborate sculpturing of a credible human/elf/whatever head and face, are sold for ~10x the cost of open faces on bitz shops to little emos? :wink:

Edited by Kua

Yes, it’s quite confusing what GW is going to do with PriMarines.

I was quite sure about the replacement theory over the next few editions, but they seem to appear strictly specialized to filling the gaps in the SM unit spectrum.

So… let’s wait for the codex first.

But now that people are suggesting painting them in other chapter’s colours:

Is this really a thing?

I mean, on the field they will still have to count as the same chapter for the purpose of sharing buff auras with the rest of the army.

I’d like to have a reason to include an other chapter’s detachment, but I don‘t see it happening by the current rules.

My plan for the Void Stalkers is to explain that a contingent of them are fighting alongside their parent Chapter to learn stealth based warfare from the best. Makes sense.

Want to learn how to hold or break a fortress? Learn from the Fists.

Want to learn bike combat? Learn from the Scars.

Burning desire to burn things? Salamanders got you covered.

Stealth based guerrilla combat? Learn that from Raven Guard.

Odd how all the First Founding chapters are really good at something specific, now that I think about it.

So the reivers are night lord terror squads but in 40k. They hide, then ambush, scream, and strew corpses/remains around. Can't say I'm a fan. Or that I'm not a bit confused as to why Gman commissioned them. Did he like Night Lords tactics that much during the heresy? I am legitimately perturbed.

No matter what they don't fit into my Raptors, RG, or even Carcharodons with how they work. I wanted stealth assassins.

So the reivers are night lord terror squads but in 40k. They hide, then ambush, scream, and strew corpses/remains around. Can't say I'm a fan. Or that I'm not a bit confused as to why Gman commissioned them. Did he like Night Lords tactics that much during the heresy? I am legitimately perturbed.

No matter what they don't fit into my Raptors, RG, or even Carcharodons with how they work. I wanted stealth assassins.

Well, gotta see the rules first. Model wise, mine will get a camo cloak, robed heads and silencers on their pistols. Then they at least look like they fit.

That looks like conversion work, if it's not PS ...

Think it is Photoshop....but the only conversion bit will be halving the torsos to fit the 'pecs' part of the Dark Fury kit on top of the Reiver stomach, after that its just dark fury heads and shoulder pads.

Obviously the ease of the first bit will depend on the make up of the Riever components.

Edited by Valaas

Totally photoshop. The sgt head is the same the head from the blood raven scouts in shadow war.

Totally photoshop. The sgt head is the same the head from the blood raven scouts in shadow war.

Yeah, they must have got it from the FW Dark Fury kit as I currently have it on my Vanguard Vet Sergeant, sitting in the painting queue....

Ok that's where I seen the head before. Plus chest are different along with shoulder pads....I wonder who in this group will actually make them (cough cough duz or valaas). I plan on ordering a set of reivers but they are for my Primaris IF army Edited by war009

Ok that's where I seen the head before. Plus chest are different along with shoulder pads....I wonder who in this group will actually make them (cough cough duz or valaas). I plan on ordering a set of reivers but they are for my Primaris IF army

The chest pieces above the fiber bundle stomach area are the dark fury kits as well......I'll probably wait until the non-pushfit kit comes out but,.......challenge accepted!