✵ Everything Black ✵

Sception

I actually like the defiler's reaper autocannons, but I used them on other conversions.

This conversion's autocannons are actually from the quad gun that comes with the EDIT: no the bastion, the... the short wall segments... what was that called?  whatever /EDIT, though, not from a dreadnought kit.

EDIT 2:  The autocannons are from the Aigis Defense Line:

99120199015_AegisDefenceLineNEW01.jpg

The other half will be going on a helbrute at some point in the future.

Edited by malisteen

tumblr_ovas92gYbc1woua6zo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovas92gYbc1woua6zo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovas92gYbc1woua6zo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovas92gYbc1woua6zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovas92gYbc1woua6zo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ovas92gYbc1woua6zo3_1280.jpg

Not much progress on the Defiler this week.  Been too busy with other things, and I won’t be getting much time to myself this weekend, either.  Finishing it this month is looking rather unlikely.  But I did have time to throw a test model together for my next project after the defiler is done new chaos terminators, magnetized for a variety of options!  As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I recently bought some terminators, and ordered some Cataphractii terminator combi bolter bits, and some third party combi-plasma bits to go with them from Shapeways.  The third party bits fit to the combi bolters fine, though the details don’t line up quite as perfectly as I’d like.

Still, I think it looks pretty good, better than the converted combi plasmas I had been using, and it lets me swap equipment around more.  I bought enough to do 10 of these, and will eventually replace the guns on my previous chaos terminator models as well.

Probably not until after I’m done painting the new ones though, and I have no idea when that will be.  I think I’ll be taking a bit of a break from my chaos marines after I finish the defiler, and maybe the assembly on these terminators.  I’ve got some other hobbies I want to get back too, not to mention more work I need to do on the Raven Guard commission.

tumblr_ovb1cmn4zN1woua6zo4_1280.png

tumblr_ovb1cmn4zN1woua6zo3_1280.png

tumblr_ovb1cmn4zN1woua6zo1_1280.png

tumblr_ovb1cmn4zN1woua6zo2_1280.png

“Not much” progress on the defiler isn’t the same as “none”.  Plus I did just sit and work on it for a couple hours, all I can spare for it this weekend sadly.  I ended up repainting some sections of the cannons and the core chassis, switching up a bit on which colors go where, and just generally getting a bit more black in this black legion model.  Apart from that, I shaded the edges & recesses of the black parts, applied a couple purple washes to the daemonic fleshy bits, and painted the cables on the legs and part of the chassis purple as well.  At this point all the main blocks of colors are where they go, such that you should be able to get an idea on what I’m aiming for overall.

But it still has hours of work left to do - getting the purplish daemonic skin to where I want it will be several more careful layers and washes, the black still needs a couple edge highlights, the steel still needs its top highlights everywhere except the raised front claw (I had started that step then decided it would be better to leave it till closer to the end), the bone will need a fair bit more work, and there’s lots of fiddly details (eyes, teeth, rivets, etc) and minor touch ups to do.

All in all, I’m probably not going to finish everything by the end of August like I’d hoped, especially since I’m losing Sunday to assorted work and family stuff, which leaves only Thursday free to paint, plus a couple hours I might be able to steal on Monday or Wednesday.  We’ll see.  It’s already well past tabletop quality, so however done it is by the end of Thursday might just have to be “done enough” for the time being.  I’ve spent more time on this model than I really had to spare already.

Edited by malisteen