Betrayer41’s 40k Log **New White/Red Recipe** (12/11/23)

Go to solution Solved by LameBeard,

Wow these guys look awesome!!!The 40k Khârn actually looks much cooler in White oO

Thanks Mate! I have to agree with you. I will be shelving my red one.  Also I really hate the normal Khârn's pistol army and how straight back his axe arm is.  I completely changed his pistol arm using an ork arm and original 40k Khârn's chain arm. Chopped up the legs and angled his axe arm down a bit.

Looking good, that's a very nice shade of red! They've got a very gladitorial feel to them, brutal as hell!

I tried 273278239832789237984328523 different ways to do red and ir turns out the simplest was the easiest. I really want them to really feel like they're slowly losing their mind. Brutal is what im going for!

Care to share?:)

Looking good, that's a very nice shade of red! They've got a very gladitorial feel to them, brutal as hell!

I tried 273278239832789237984328523 different ways to do red and ir turns out the simplest was the easiest. I really want them to really feel like they're slowly losing their mind. Brutal is what im going for!

Care to share?:smile.:

Haha It's a toughy!....kidding

Black primer. Airbrush Mephiston red...good few layers, get it pretty bright.  Gloss Varnish, Agrax wash leaving most in the recesses. Black and rust pigments, clean up the areas that you want cleaner/brighter.

That sound like my recipe, only with airbrush and varnish! Is the varnish something that's needed for airbrush colors or is it to gloss up the red?

Edit: forgot the pigments, that's bound to make a difference

Edited by ElDuderino

I highly highly reccomend getting the red very bright. Hitting it was the gloss gives it the nice deep red. The wash and pigments are more for just depth and weathering. I would try a shoulder pad for a test and hit it with gloss varnish.

So your the guy getting credited with all those AOS berserker kitbashes. Nice! They always look great.

I'm loving your World Eater with a shield swinging the mace. Great pose on him. He really looks like he's fighting in an arena. I'll be trying to check this thread out more now I know.

Wow, thanks a log guy. Because of the last few pics, I now have to go back and read your entire  thread. What a pal. ;)

Brilliant work on the latest guys. I'm a big fan of the desaturated colors and the softer contrasts. Just looks more real to me.

A couple of questions:

1. The guy with the shield, where did the shield come from?

2. I saw that  you had the WE emblem on the shield and then  you did more stuff to it. Then the shield shows up with the negative imprint of  that image on the white. I actually like the look of that better than with the metallic icon. It looks  more like an old Roman  Scutum that  way. Not sure if  you want to go that direction, but I really like the look.

3. Brilliant stuff, play on good sir!

So your the guy getting credited with all those AOS berserker kitbashes. Nice! They always look great.

I'm loving your World Eater with a shield swinging the mace. Great pose on him. He really looks like he's fighting in an arena. I'll be trying to check this thread out more now I know.

Hahaha i suppose thats me! Thanks for looking and the feedback. I listen to betrayer while im messing around with bits, really helps inspire these random builds. I am going heavy on the galdiator theme this time around.

Wow, thanks a log guy. Because of the last few pics, I now have to go back and read your entire  thread. What a pal. :wink:

Brilliant work on the latest guys. I'm a big fan of the desaturated colors and the softer contrasts. Just looks more real to me.

A couple of questions:

1. The guy with the shield, where did the shield come from?

2. I saw that  you had the WE emblem on the shield and then  you did more stuff to it. Then the shield shows up with the negative imprint of  that image on the white. I actually like the look of that better than with the metallic icon. It looks  more like an old Roman  Scutum that  way. Not sure if  you want to go that direction, but I really like the look.

3. Brilliant stuff, play on good sir!

Haha Hope it didn't take up too much of your time!! And thank you in regards to the color scheme, I tried to tone it down a bit this time around. 

A couple answers for ya.

1. As Dantay says its from the the FW Minotaur Terminator. I hacked it up. I made it dented and battered so it looks like it have seen alot of use. I was going to sand it down but decided against it.  

2.I actually was going for something like that. I wanted to leave an imprint but didn't want to do something clean like a normal stencil so Im trying this out. and if it turns out bad I can just add the logo back on.

3. And Thank you Thank WE have always been my favorite leagion and I feel like im really getting a feel for painting them and how i want to model my army in general.

I think it is Asterion Molocs shield, with the minotaur detail filed off and some WE brass etch added

Correct!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick updated. Starting some stuff for kill team for a friend andddd kinda starting mine.

Here’s a start to my sqauad from talons of hours and eidolon haha

http://i.imgur.com/O4f4hEf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KyVqGpL.jpg

Here’s my buddies sons I’m working on.

http://i.imgur.com/toH292L.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZV7Wl8l.jpg

Still a ton to do on the sons but just wanted a base color he was happy with before I went any further.

Edited by betrayer41

Very nice update, the fella with the heavy bolter looks brutal, there's a good spread of parts there.

Interesting to see a Thousand Son wielding such an axe, but I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg so cool.

Where did you get the knee pads from?

Thanks mate! They’re from shapeways, night just make primaris useable haha

Pre- or Post-Heresy? Honestly, after Slaanesh's influence, they can be just about any shade. The more garish the better.

Much like my WE...... around battle of terra/scouring so they still have some of that classic EC look but have been influenced by chaos

Here we go! Much happier. I think I’m going with this

http://i.imgur.com/fqH1OrC.jpg