Our very own chapter focus! :>

Kua

With how CTs and ours are turning out my decision long ago to avoid vehicles and focus on mobile infantry is appearing to pay off.

By mobile you mean Devastators and by infantry you mean long range Dreadnoughts, I then assume? :wink:

I just realised how rage inducing Ravenguard flyers are going to be for people. Specially Orks, who often will be literally unable to shoot them.

I'm not seeing a problem thee :lol:

By mobile you mean Devastators and by infantry you mean long range Dreadnoughts, I then assume? :wink:

Well I will of course have to purchase some of those new Redemptor Dreads to go with my 2 squads of Devs. ;)

BTW my understanding is CTs dont work on Vehicles (dreads excluded) so I don't think flyers will get the -1 to hit in addition to already being -1?

I just realised how rage inducing Ravenguard flyers are going to be for people. Specially Orks, who often will be literally unable to shoot them.

Looks like I'm going to need to prime my unpainted-but-earmarked-for-blood-angels stormraven black :-)

Redacted after hearing sad news about CT not applying to vehicles.

Edited by Rocmistro

Somehow that makes sense though.  Look at the Raven Guard CT: in a game, the CT should work for vehicles because that would be utterly awesome.  But to simulate common sense, should a vehicle be hard to shoot at based on that description?  Flyers sure, whatever.  But a Rhino?

Somehow that makes sense though.  Look at the Raven Guard CT: in a game, the CT should work for vehicles because that would be utterly awesome.  But to simulate common sense, should a vehicle be hard to shoot at based on that description?  Flyers sure, whatever.  But a Rhino?

Depends on how you conceive of and implement "stealth" in the 41st century.  I imagine it's not just a purely visibile-light-spectrum approach to stealth.  RG could have invested in and tweaked all sorts of anti-targeting technology, stealth devices, radar/sonar defeating alloys/paint/textures for their vehicles, etc.

Ill take -2 to hit flyers, -1 to hit my army if theyre 12"+ away, and infiltrate my assault units 9" away pregame then get a move for turn 1 charges for them. Add reivers and the relic for no overwatch? Devastating.

Edit: where does it say no vehicles? It def applies to dread they say as much

I

Edit: where does it say no vehicles? It def applies to dread they say as much

I know i read it somewhere but cant find it........:ermm:

Well they were talking about it on the Twitch stream last Friday. It may be the way the entries are written in the new Codex. The Index gives everything Chapter Tactics, from the sounds of it, but the Codex has yet to be seen. I'm guessing they just removed it from certain unit data sheets. 

Found it: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/14/ultramarines-and-the-redemptor-dreadnought-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

Specifically, third paragraph:

In game, the Ultramarines are one of the most tactically rewarding chapters, combining a huge range of Special Characters with the ability to fall back and shoot universally – like all Chapter Tactics, this will apply to your Infantry, Bikers and Dreadnoughts.

Im really happy to have some solid tactical squads in my collection.  30 tacticals with tripple plasma in cover and -1 hit.  That is going to induce some table flipping rage from shooty ork armies,Tau, and guard.  How are they going to do any dmg hitting on 5/6s? :X  Also, how does -1 hit work on BS6 shooting exactly?  Does it mean that you cant hit or that it just doesnt do anything since 6s always hit?

I really like the idea of lascannon centurions in cover with a 1+ save and -1 to hit.  

Does anyone here think that assault centurions using the new stratagem will be our new overlords?

Is this a full profile on Reivers yet and not just that bs from the start sets?

Found it: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/14/ultramarines-and-the-redemptor-dreadnought-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

Specifically, third paragraph:

In game, the Ultramarines are one of the most tactically rewarding chapters, combining a huge range of Special Characters with the ability to fall back and shoot universally – like all Chapter Tactics, this will apply to your Infantry, Bikers and Dreadnoughts.

Oh :cuss!  Wouldnt this make an assaulty biker army much stronger for Raven Guard because of the -1 hit?  

Edited by Race Bannon
Please don't dodge swear filter

I'm sure successor chapters will get to use their parent's Chapter Tactics. So you can still play Raptors with RG tactics and use Lias - you just can't use Lias AND Shrike together and get both bonuses, which you already couldn't. 

The question I have is whether upgrading a Captain to a Chapter Master (as described in a previou artticle) lets you pick Chapter Tactics. 

So what you're saying is that this new CT will encourage players to make quite a balanced force to benefit from our re-rolls to charge and also the negative modifier to hit us. So in other words RG players will have an army that is very flexible with the ability to strike and fade and strike again?

Like.....like....the background? Dare I say the CT are fluffy

@TrexPushups.

*Fist Pumps*

It will be great to see that in action.

This new chapter tactic actually had me thinking about other marines.  If Raven Guard get something as good as -1 hit at 12"+... what are the others getting?

I could see Imperial Fists getting +1 hit with bolters.

I could see Salamanders getting something like +1 to wound rolls with all flamers/meltas.

I could see White Scars getting charge on the turn you advanced with all bikers.  

So how many of you are going to go into wallet-empty mode on reivers?