Our very own chapter focus! :>

Kua

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/17/chapter-focus-raven-guard-july17gw-homepage-post-3/

We can see a strategem there, and a bunch of text.

Whaddoyouthink?

Edit:

Wait a minute… it’s not a strategem but chapter tactics, is it?

golly gee?

Not a little… too powerful for renouncing recruits and playing SMs as you would anyway?

Edited by Kua

What previous CT?

After reading the article to the end:

I like the warlord trait,

I like the relic,

I like the strategem,

I very much disapprove the OP CT.

Gah! 
I don't think I can take this any more!!
So much to buy and get excited about!

I'm gonna have to unplug from all this awesomeness!

The re-rolls to assaults is what Shrike already offers though?

The strike from the shaows strategm is pretty neat. I was thinking about how much damage I could have mitigated on the weekend if I could reserve more units. 

I hope RG don't become flavour of the month too though, that's already happening with Guard :down:

@Kua.

I wouldn't say the CT Is overpowered. Absolutely fluffy, and its strong, sure, but to get full use of it you need to be around 19" away depending on the enemy unit's movement. That's a fairly long stretch for a jump pack unit to be able to charge in the course of one turn, and a fair distance to cover in order to get up close to an objective.

@Kua.

I wouldn't say the CT Is overpowered. Absolutely fluffy, and its strong, sure, but to get full use of it you need to be around 19" away depending on the enemy unit's movement. That's a fairly long stretch for a jump pack unit to be able to charge in the course of one turn, and a fair distance to cover in order to get up close to an objective.

The -1 to shoot them chapter tactic is way stronger on solid shooting units like devastators than it is on units that want to get close and start chopping.

A tough fire support dreadnought will love it. Something like a twin lascannon & dreadnought fist would be very handy.

A unit of assault marines is essentially throwing the ability away every time they move in to strike.

BUT assault nits then get a boost because of Shrike?

Lke the article suggests, this, like other CTs, are designed to push diverse list making.  That is a good thing!

So what you're saying is that this new CT will encourage players to make quite a balanced force to benefit from our re-rolls to charge and also the negative modifier to hit us. So in other words RG players will have an army that is very flexible with the ability to strike and fade and strike again?

Like.....like....the background? Dare I say the CT are fluffy

@TrexPushups.

Edited by Biscuittzz

With how CTs and ours are turning out my decision long ago to avoid vehicles and focus on mobile infantry is appearing to pay off.

As is my box of VVs I am yet to assemble. :biggrin.:

Haha, I was the opposite as soon as I heard about 8th edition because vehicles are not going away no matter what.  But how infantry acted mattered, so I had to wait.  Now I can make more infantry for this edition :tu:

More specifically how assault infantry was going to play out.  Now it's time to bust a move on Jump Pack dudes.

gallery_26778_12913_722.jpg

this is how I am thinking it is gonna go for my scouts with camo cloaks

Raptors most likely to get their own CT, but I'd say the +12 -1 to hit will be part of it as well with something else.

Doesn't Issodon have RAPTORS as a keyword?

Wait...does it seem like my dream of a fluffy Raptors list now works, with a mix of ranged ambushes and assault elements?

Because it certainly feels that way. Exciting times!

Sadly though you can't use Lias Issodon if you want these rules, because no h has the Raptors keyword. Unless they allow successor Chapters som how, which I kind of doubt.

Edited by Extropian

Wait...does it seem like my dream of a fluffy Raptors list now works, with a mix of ranged ambushes and assault elements?

Because it certainly feels that way. Exciting times!

Sadly though you can't use Lias Issodon if you want these rules, because no h has the Raptors keyword. Unless they allow successor Chapters som how, which I kind of doubt.

Crimson Fist are going to be using Imperial Fist CT again so maybe they will but it will probably have a slight change or we wont get strike from shadows but our own version