Chapter Focus: The Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists and Black T

Banjulhu

As I understand it, yes.  The 3" away squad is the one you Intervene against, not the 4" away one, despite the 3" unit not being engaged in the combat.

Edited by Firepower

So did some thinking (dangerous!) and the Heroic Intervention within 6" has some rather niche uses that could be handy!

Any unit that falls back from combat that doesnt make it 6.1" away can be re-engaged

Models attempting to Melta something nearby gets engaged on their turn

Pushes screening units into a more difficult position.

Last turn objective grab--> Counter charge anyone from trying to sneak an obj away from having more models within 3" on the other side of the obj.

That's actually a beauty... most infantry can't more more than 6"... so you're almost guaranteed to intervene. Now I'm thinking of maybe having a castellan on bike...

Edit: Hmm do we no longer have characters on bike?

Can enemies still overeatch if your heroically intervene?

No characters on bikes??? I just finished building a squad based around a Castellan/Marshall on a bike. Is this right??

So did some thinking (dangerous!) and the Heroic Intervention within 6" has some rather niche uses that could be handy!

Any unit that falls back from combat that doesnt make it 6.1" away can be re-engaged

Models attempting to Melta something nearby gets engaged on their turn

Pushes screening units into a more difficult position.

Last turn objective grab--> Counter charge anyone from trying to sneak an obj away from having more models within 3" on the other side of the obj.

That's actually a beauty... most infantry can't more more than 6"... so you're almost guaranteed to intervene. Now I'm thinking of maybe having a castellan on bike...

Edit: Hmm do we no longer have characters on bike?

Can enemies still overeatch if your heroically intervene?

No characters on bikes??? I just finished building a squad based around a Castellan/Marshall on a bike. Is this right??

I would like to know as well as I'm planning on doing the same thing.

Are there really no bike entries for captains or chaplains in the main codex? I'm not super angry if there aren't but I wonder if I should continue with my plan to convert a bike marshal with a zweihander or if it will be phased out eventually? Edited by Ebon Hand

I'm pretty sure there is a captain one, but the filthy witch and Chaplain aren't there. However, you can still use the Index because GW said that will be the place to find things that they either have no model anymore for or were limited like the Imperial marine. 

I'm pretty sure there is a captain one, but the filthy witch and Chaplain aren't there. However, you can still use the Index because GW said that will be the place to find things that they either have no model anymore for or were limited like the Imperial marine.

I've fallen into the 'respond to leaks and rumours trap. I'll pick up my codes on Sat and see what's what.

Ok. Which kind of means, 'it's ok for now, but not when the indices are phased out'. Cool. Because I played a game with a unit that ran Apoth/Captain/Champion on bikes and it was awesome!

One of the stated goals of 8th was to not invalidate any models.  One of the things they've said about the SM codex is that the index will still be useful because it has units that aren't in the codex such as the Imperial Space Marine and (I think) the Terminus Ultra.  I can't link you to where I heard/read this but it was official.  I watch some of the livestream stuff from twitch and it may have been from Rob.

Either way ... as Firepower pointed out ... how could they remove those characters on bikes if they're going to have White Scars

I would need a clarification on detachments and stratagems and this kind of stuff. I am a bit confused about all this due to my ignorance or lack of access to books.

So how do the Chapter Tactics, stratagems and relics work? Let's say that I want access to the BT-exclusive traits - do all units in all my detachments have to have the "Black Templars" key word? Or may they be bound by the "Imperium" keyword? What I probably really want to know is whether I can add an Imperial Knight to my army list and still be able to access BT-specific things.

By extension, what would happen if I had two detachments, one with Black Templars, the other with Salamanders Chapter Tactics - as I understand it, the models in each detachment have their respective Chapter Tactics. What about stratagems and relics - do the respective models have access to their unique stuff or do they only have access to the universal Space Marine stuff (as they are not bound by the 'chapter' keyword, but only 'space marines' or 'imperium')?

Welp, just had a read of the new FAQs... the Reroll charge distance won't be so good now since you have to reroll both D6 for charge distance... so if you roll a 6 and a 1 for charge distance after Deep Striking, you'll have to roll them both again which may result in worse results... rip Templar Chapter Tactics, I don't think it will be of much use and will only be good if your dice are actually hot, or if you don't use transports... 

Welp, just had a read of the new FAQs... the Reroll charge distance won't be so good now since you have to reroll both D6 for charge distance... so if you roll a 6 and a 1 for charge distance after Deep Striking, you'll have to roll them both again which may result in worse results... rip Templar Chapter Tactics, I don't think it will be of much use and will only be good if your dice are actually hot, or if you don't use transports... 

If you roll a 6 and a 1 in such a situation you can always reroll the 1 using a CP. It actually synergizes rather well with that option, if you roll a 4, 5 or a 6 and something else that isn't enough for that 9" charge you just reroll the bad die. Otherwise use Chapter Tactics.

If you roll a 6 and a 1 in such a situation you can always reroll the 1 using a CP. It actually synergizes rather well with that option, if you roll a 4, 5 or a 6 and something else that isn't enough for that 9" charge you just reroll the bad die. Otherwise use Chapter Tactics.

Absolutely agree, and to be fair at no point was it certain we would get to choose to re roll one or both of the dice. Still if you didn't roll one high and one low you'd normally just not have a choice and be stuck in the open but with our tactic we can just reroll both in those situations.

We really have to look closely for that silver lining, don't we? Regrettably, our CT is very poor.

It is however a more useful rule than the Black Templar Warlord trait.

At least from the current leaks the special characters are still decent. Also Hlebrecht now technically has access to an orbital bombardment.

After re-reading about heroic intervention I can see that it would push our characters closer to enemy and probably give them free 6" move to the closest enemy unit, after all charges were made... so no risk, that our character will be targeted during shooting, or charging by some CC beasts. It's also good in point of the 6"/9" (using relic) aura, that may help our charged units to fight back harder. And in another turn gives us more flexibility.... .

That is just my opinion:).

Yes stratagem if im correct 2CP. Very "fluffy", but I've seen better Stratagems:)

Edited by Aegir_Einarsson

it is so easy to bypass heroic intervention good... if you attack with a good CC unit, you choose all characters + the unit you want to charge as the target... so, if your enemy makes a heroiv intervention you can hit him before he will hit - so this rule is just good if your enemy is weak when gets charged by an enemy.

Our Relic is that thing that makes the codex ok.

Warlord Tr. - mehhh

Relic - one of the strongest

CT - not really bad but no game breaker

Stratagem - very good against one important Power but against spam it is like before. If your enemy smite 6 times - so it is 5,25 times^^

If you compare to Ultramarines

Warlord Tr. - Gamebreaker (even if you remember that with gulliman you get 3 CP extra)

CT - same level

Statagem - weaker

Relic - very strong too