Chapter Focus: The Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists and Black T

Banjulhu

Wow so named characters are stuck with a single option for the warlord trait and even restricting the ones from the BRB.  Well I guess I'm stuck with Oath Keeper.

So the EC is listed as 75 points .... not sure if his rules have changed. 

The High Marshal and Grim seem to be the same.

Where have you seen points? Got a link?

Wow so named characters are stuck with a single option for the warlord trait and even restricting the ones from the BRB.  Well I guess I'm stuck with Oath Keeper.

I'm going through the video the guy posted it is around 39 ish to 40 min in running very close in the setting to try and get a clear shot.  Also crusader squads did not change in points.  

I'm going through the video the guy posted it is around 39 ish to 40 min in running very close in the setting to try and get a clear shot.  Also crusader squads did not change in points.  

Yea you're right, seems likely he's been nerfed then as no way could he be 75 pts with the current stats - and I've just paid out for the finecast model :down:

Let's hope not! Or if it is a nerf it's just to wounds rather than nerfing his abilities.

The EC has been a beast in all my 8th games. Really hoping he isn't getting a significant nerf. Though it's hard to imagine him losing 30 points and not having a pretty noticable stat change.

Take a look my friend and I again he has been great.  Maybe this is to offset the CT and stratagem not being a force multiplier.  I provided a link and a time stamp someone needs to confirm what I'm saying or point out that I need my eyes checked. :)  

The EC has been a beast in all my 8th games. Really hoping he isn't getting a significant nerf. Though it's hard to imagine him losing 30 points and not having a pretty noticable stat change.

Nope, exactly the same. He's a unique model so we only get the one and he is still fairly costly for a model who's only job is killing characters. He was practically an auto include already but now he definitely will be. I think the big thing is he won't be able to take relics at all while other champions can.

Nope, exactly the same. He's a unique model so we only get the one and he is still fairly costly for a model who's only job is killing characters. He was practically an auto include already but now he definitely will be. I think the big thing is he won't be able to take relics at all while other champions can.

And who cares? The Black Sword is better than basically any other generic relic :lol:

Maybe the black sword and armour of faith need to be purchased from the armoury :lol:

I jest, but I don't honestly know why he woukd be cheaper, unless they realised that we pretty much need to run multiple characters now to stack up the important buffs.

Edited by Marshal Mattias

Maybe the black sword and armour of faith need to be purchased from the armoury :laugh.:

I jest, but I don't honestly know why he woukd be cheaper, unless they realised that we pretty much need to run multiple characters now to stack up the important buffs.

Probably that as I now have to run 4 HQs, he has 1 job and doesn't buff anyone else.

I actually can understand that 75 point cost regarding the EC.

He's a character/monster killer, but that's it. A character withouth jump pack, bike, no deep strike/special deploy, shoots like an initiate, and has no auras. Maybe is a bit cheaper that he should be, but you get my point.

On a side note, I played a game this afternoon, the lieutenant did an amazing job tearing me a new one. It was a primaris lieutenant, but I can only assume a regular one will be even cheaper.

What does Oath Keeper do exactly? And our Warlord has to take it? No choice at all?

You can Heroic Intervention up to 6" instead of 3 and you only have to take it is your warlord is one of the named characters. Generic guys can still take whatever

What does Oath Keeper do exactly? And our Warlord has to take it? No choice at all?

You can Heroic Intervention up to 6" instead of 3 and you only have to take it is your warlord is one of the named characters. Generic guys can still take whatever

Well I guess that's handy for Helbrecht who wants to cut things up in melee w/ the Reforged Sword of Dorn... but I guess there would be other Traits that would suit him better... I haven't looked at the leaks and reviews, as I'd rather have them on hand instead.... wait a week :p