Codex Redemptor: Tactica

Prot

Having tried both variant already, I have come to a conclusion. Both suck, because it is anti-synergetic with it wanting to get close and thus moving. Which one depends on circumstance. I would prefer the Heavy Onslaught in an army with TLC Razorbacks and other means of ranged anti-tank. However, since I played pure Primaris, I can say that the last thing they lack is anti-infantry firepower. They struggle wirh T7 3+ though, so the Macro Incinerator is better. Still, both weapons are mediocre compared to what the Repulsor and Hellblaster bring. I wish for a double melee option :/

I've had a great experience with the Redemptor. So much so that I'll be running two as soon as they are ready :-D

With the Ancients strategem, combined with a cheap Lieutenant, I'm able to better divide my forces whilst maintaining re-roll auras.

I've had a great experience with the Redemptor. So much so that I'll be running two as soon as they are ready :-D

With the Ancients strategem, combined with a cheap Lieutenant, I'm able to better divide my forces whilst maintaining re-roll auras.

Yes I was considering the same thing. Ultramarines really benefit from the strategies and enables us to separate our lists into smaller detachments and project across a broader range of the board.

I'm almost finished putting mine together. It's fairly easy to swap options. The design is really good and I don't even think you have to use magnets as the press fit is very precise. The kits are a lot of work though. GW have refined the layout and design of the models making it super detailed.

I played a LOT of games this first weekend of Konor, and I'm still very uncertain about these units compete level, however the models are great, and I think they'll be a lot of fun.

Great job.

It took me a long time to build two of them. Essentially as I said.... I was really impressed with the fit of everything. The leg / hip sockets were a bit wonky, but otherwise it fit so good I didn't feel a need to magnetize. :)

I'm going back to my old post and trying that configuration this week. May take it down to the store as well for a test run.

If I were using a lot of vanilla marines, I'd feel a little better about the unit overall but as a largely Primaris player I have a lot of chaff clearing... especially if I use Agressors.

I do like the fragstorm grenade launchers over the Bolters for 4 extra points for now.

The two loadouts I built are 206 and 201 respectively. Both being very similar but the macro plasma is on the cheaper one and both have the onslaught wrist mount.

I'm not feeling the fragstorm launchers.

24" to 18.1" the storm bolters have 4 shots to 0

18" to 12.1" it is 2-12 shots with a 28% chance of 9+ Compared to 4 from the storm bolters

12-0" is always 8 shots for the storm bolters and a 72% chance of equal of fewer shots for the fragstorms.

I'm not feeling the fragstorm launchers.

24" to 18.1" the storm bolters have 4 shots to 0

18" to 12.1" it is 2-12 shots with a 28% chance of 9+ Compared to 4 from the storm bolters

12-0" is always 8 shots for the storm bolters and a 72% chance of equal of fewer shots for the fragstorms.

For me I'm just sensing no one wants to be within 12" of a Redemptor.

I have made it that I can outfit both though so I will test everything. This is what I usually do though and get some results before declaring a 'winner'.

I anticipate there will be moments I am cheering at rolling high random shots, and moments where I think, 'darn, should have went with the sure thing in bolters'. Either way we're talking AP0, S4 shots so not terrifically important. 

At the end of the day it will probably come down to me having 4 extra points to spend in a list. lol