What New 8th Ed Factions Do You Want?

Skaorn

GW is promising more Factions and new stuff always interests me so I'm hoping to avoid armies you could easily pull off in previous codexes and fairly well established like the World Eaters or Emperors Children. Old one offs like Zoats, Kroot Mercs, or Exodites are good though. I'd personally love to see the Tau get a number of allied Factions to rival the Imperium and a few new big Xenos armies, like the Khrave (brain eating aliens that were problems going back to the GC). I also would kind of like a mutant faction you could tack on to IG or Chaos. You hear plenty about how mutants are bad but in the game you only really get Ogren and Ratlings. I think it would be nice to actually have types of mutants that the Imperium wants to kill on sight.

What would you like to see?

About the Ecclesiarchy, the only things you're really missing are frateris militia (cultists, but for the Emperor) and maybe Crimson Guard (they're basically just crusaders that guard Cardinals). Maybe a bit more for Death Cults and Crusaders, some options for Arco-Flagellants, and a couple kinds of priests.

The Decree Passive kinda keeps there from being too much. The Frateris Militia isn't even a standing army anymore, it's just whoever shows up when the local priest calls the people to arms.

And the Sisters are, of course part of the Ecclesiarchy.

On topic: is like to see Exodites, and I think more nasty mutants to fight and tau allies sounds neat. And Demurig, because space dwarves.

Adeptus Arbites and Rogue Traders would be fine. Never too much humanity struggling for survival. 

If GW would create a high-tech HUMAN faction, that would be fine as well. I know that may be the Tau's claim to fame, but a small elite lost Imperial group would be a nice fixture in these dark times.

Honestly? A functional Kroot Army. And for R&H to become part of the main game. Or for Chaos to have an option similar to Brood Brothers. Additionally for Tau to gain access to FauxGaurd as well (Gue'vesa). Through if that becomes a common thing I would like to see it limited to units that have an undefined regimental keyword. With the Auxillary (and lesser extent Scion) staying Imperium only.

Through above all a functional Kroot Army (or at least a Kroot HQ)

After watching the Netflix Castlevania (which is kind of amazing just for being based of a video game but was still good), I kind of want to see a human faction of Daemon hunters that don't go for the religious bs of the Imperium. Of course I'm one for doing things like building off that Ork clan that actually does mercenary work and seeing what a more intelligent, technically savvy, and "civilized" group of Orks might look like. Also the Gretchen Liberation Army.

What would be good addons for Orks and Necrons though? The the only things I could come up with would be something like humans infected with Ork spores becoming some type of mutant half orc. With the Necrons going the necromancy route and reanimating the dead only with nanites. I suppose you could have a lord trying to recreate their organic bodies too. None of these options really grab me though.

Rogue Traders, Exodites and Demiurg would all be nice additions. I also like the idea of whatever is being held back in the Ghoul Stars (and any other similar region with its own guard force) finally getting off the leash during the craziness and confusion of the current fluff.

After seeing the models in the Triumvirate of Ynnead box I'd definitely like to see the Ynnari expanded upon. Thankfully there fluff has also been bearable so far.

I'd really like to see some new Guard factions too.

With the recent trimming of some of the more well known regiments in the new fluff (Cadians, Mordian) I'm getting a feeling that they might be planning some new poster boys for Astra Militarum.

Note: Personal opinion only - not rumourmongering.

Renegade Militia proper, FW kind of neglected them with the edition change. Definitely Dark Mechanicus. I'd like to see the different Ork Klans get rules, they each function very differently. Honestly, I'd be happy to just have my Death Guard rules right now.

It is rumored the Ghoul Stars may yet be home to a pocket empire of renegade Raven Guard legion exiles, assuming they've survived to the present. Though the Khrave and other dangers seem to lurk there as well, and we have no fluff on them taking place after the scouring.

I'd like to see Dark Mech fleshed out, I'd also really like more tau sub races.

Orky Humans are Diggas, I have an old Digga Nob model floating around. They're people who've had their world taken over by Orks and they adopt Ork culture either on purpose, or because theirs is wiped out.

Hrud would be really, really cool.

R A K ' G O L

A
K
'
G
O
L

It's another xenos faction so we don't get "even more Imperials", they will be the only non-bipedal race besides Tyranids, they will have multiple arms yet with far more weapon options than Tyranids or GSC, and they'll have lots of unique wargear due to their love of radiation. They are also a Warp-based race like Skaven, but they aren't Chaos-aligned, giving us another avenue for a Warp-based army.

Only roadblock I can see is lack of any real variety (just different a bunch of Rak'Gol) and that they seem to be an FFG related IP.

New and new... I think we will see a Sisters army his time around. And a bloody fantastic one.

Maybe some more Tau races, now that they seem to have mined the powersuit angle.

Dark Mechanicus maybe.

An agents of the imperium faction. For the Assassins, and Inquisition, Rogue Trader stuff.

Wasn't there an image floating around out there of a Slaanesh symbol superimposed/combined with an Eldar rune? A long time ago, I remember reading that there were supposedly exceptionally rare "Chaos Eldar" in the Eye, ones who had embraced Chaos come the Fall and were some of the most horrifically powerful Chaos Champions. 

There's an upcoming novel about the Ynnari getting a message from some "long-lost Craftworld" that has recently "emerged from its sanctuary in the warp," and the blurb on the BL page is about as subtle as an Ork alarm clock with the "these guys aren't to be trusted" vibes.

So... Chaos Eldar, anyone? The association between Slaanesh and the Eldar is certainly the obvious one, but I wonder... if an Eldar were for whatever reason willing to embrace Chaos, might they turn to one of the other three Ruinous Powers in an attempt to stave off Slaanesh's hold over them? Basically, sign their soul over to another patron power in the (perhaps vain) hope of escaping the Doom of the Eldar.

Only roadblock I can see is lack of any real variety (just different a bunch of Rak'Gol) and that they seem to be an FFG related IP.

Star Wars has Rakghouls which might also be enough to scare GW away. While very different, the similar name might just be enough to keep them from wanting the legal scrutiny of Disney.

Once upon a time, each of the Ork Clans had its own army list and model range. I'd really like to see that again. Seriously, there are a lot more differences between Bad Moons and Death Skulls than what color they paint their armor. Bad Moons are supposed to be rich. And often fat. Where are my fat Bad Moons?

Imperial Guard who aren't Cadians or Catachans need some love.

Rogue Traders.

More Kroot, and more non-Tau races from the Tau Empire.

Squats. I don't expect them to retcon the destruction of the Home Worlds, but lots of Squats were elsewhere in the Imperium when that happened. Detachments of bitter veteran Squat Tyranid hunters would be awesome.

Zoats, because they're renegade Tyranids. I don't know about you, but I think the phrase "renegade Tyranids" is incredibly compelling.

Enslavers.

Oh yeah, and the Hrud! We deserve to know more about the Hrud.

I want Tau auxiliaries fully fleshed out.

I Want want 1 kroot vehicle, and kroot units.

I want Human auxillaries with a devil fish transport option and similar to genestealer imperial armor loadouts.

I want vespid brood mothers, I want dog men, and other weird species.

I also want Auxiliary suits, Kroot stalker suits for abduction, hunting characters, Vespid suits for area of effect enemy suppression, I want humans to be able to use flightless crisis suits.

Basically I want stuff for every speicis in the tau empire except the tau themselves right now