Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

Kizzdougs - Where did you find the art work?  I think I've seen sort same style for a few other, I rememeber one for the Iron Warriors I've got save somewhere.

They do look cool & if there ever any new plastic wouldn't mind them been release.

Do you mean this piece?

b02f0c6a10ae316e09f19302ab13567b.jpg

It's by Mikhail Savier. A super talented dude :tu:

NL trait is nice, but it isn't that awesome. Many armies can ignore morale (AM, Tyranids, Orcs to some level), and then if playing against Space Marines and they go MSU, 5 man max in one unit the Ld modifiers dont probably do anything at all.

Lets see, you get 2 NL units next to 5 man space marine squad and kill 1-2, then enemy will roll a die, in this case they would lose more if they roll 5+, but then they have a re-roll due to ATSKNF so it is not very likely that you do much at all. Then if you stack up 3 units within 6" its overkill, or if you kill 3 the unit is almost done for already. 

I don't think the NL trait is that awesome.

I disagree. Put two 5 man units in a Rhino, disembark and charge with both + maybe a character and you already got a -3 modifier. Now you only need to kill one of the enemy unit to cause additional casualties on average despite their re-roll.

Well then you are using 2x 5 man CSM squads + rhino + character with Jump pack or Bike to kill one 5 man squad? Doesn't sound very efficient to me. That amount of units should be able to wipe that unit out anyway.

It's common that people for some reason have the misconception that you have to fight units 1v1. It's WAY better to let 2 of your units fight 1 of the enemy units so you have less casualties instead of having two units punch each others faces until both are depleted.

Edited by sfPanzer

Kizzdougs - Where did you find the art work?  I think I've seen sort same style for a few other, I rememeber one for the Iron Warriors I've got save somewhere.

They do look cool & if there ever any new plastic wouldn't mind them been release.

Do you mean this piece?

b02f0c6a10ae316e09f19302ab13567b.jpg

It's by Mikhail Savier. A super talented dude :thumbsup:

NL trait is nice, but it isn't that awesome. Many armies can ignore morale (AM, Tyranids, Orcs to some level), and then if playing against Space Marines and they go MSU, 5 man max in one unit the Ld modifiers dont probably do anything at all.

Lets see, you get 2 NL units next to 5 man space marine squad and kill 1-2, then enemy will roll a die, in this case they would lose more if they roll 5+, but then they have a re-roll due to ATSKNF so it is not very likely that you do much at all. Then if you stack up 3 units within 6" its overkill, or if you kill 3 the unit is almost done for already. 

I disagree. Put two 5 man units in a Rhino, disembark and charge with both + maybe a character and you already got a -3 modifier. Now you only need to kill one of the enemy unit to cause additional casualties on average despite their re-roll.

Well then you are using 2x 5 man CSM squads + rhino + character with Jump pack or Bike to kill one 5 man squad? Doesn't sound very efficient to me. That amount of units should be able to wipe that unit out anyway.

It's common that people for some reason have the misconception that you have to fight units 1v1. It's WAY better to let 2 of your units fight 1 of the enemy units so you have less casualties instead of having two units punch each others faces until both are depleted.

Do you need the Ld modifier tricks if you attack single squad with 2 squads, rhino and character?

Do you need the Ld modifier tricks if you attack single squad with 2 squads, rhino and character?

Need? No, you barely need anything. Does it help tho? Yes. Yes it does.

Edited by sfPanzer

Iron Warrior article is up.

Same Legion Trait as IW.

Warlord Trait that makes IW within 6" immune to morale.

Relic that gives a 2+ armor and heals a wound per turn (that's sick on a Daemon Prince!).

And they revealed the Tzeentch Psychic Power which improves a units invul save by 1 until the casters next psychic phase...or gives a 5+ invul if the unit didn't have one before.

Iron Warrior article up & here some of the part from it.

- Enemy units do not gain any bonus for saving throws & can re-roll wounds against building

- Talk about Terminators & using Tzeentch power, give you +1 to the Inv save

- Fleshmetal Exo armour back, 2+ armour & you get a 1 wound back that the start of each of your turn

- Warlord trait allow friendly Iron Warriors with in 6 inch of the Warlord to pass morale test.

So by the look of it, the Legions are allow mark?  Know when the codex is release.

Hah, got you there, Insane Psychopath! :P

Well I for one don't think there are Mark restrictions for the undivided Legions anymore but even if there were one could simply take a Tzeentch Sorcerer in a second detachment and use the power. Even World Eater could do that.

EDIT: which would be true if the power wouldn't specify Tzeentch Heretic Astartes.... :D So yeah I think the Mark restrictions are gone for good for undivided Legions. ;)

Ill have to check it out on my phone in a bit. Still thinking a couple horde squads backed up by havocs, chosen, a typhon, and contemptors or a Dorrito. Really considering a renegade detachment with a pair of Bombards. Wish Spartans weren't so stupidly overpriced. I might bring Perturabo as a Daemon Prince or foot chaos lords with the hordes. I have kinda yawned on loyalist marines and my project there, especially since I have unfinished traitor legions. I use very little if anything in the way of chaos stuff so am I simply traitor legions or chaos?

Just to point out Warhammer 40,000 facebook page has posted up one of the command point part & it allow Iron Warriors to get a 6+ feel no pain again that 1: command point.

do you have a link? And is that for 1 turn (then it is crap) or is it 1 command point before the game starts to make them more durable for the entire battle?

20526296_1875083006145663_46696195592033

It's not that bad. Only use it when you really need to. It's no Chapter Tactic like the IH one, we have Ignore Cover instead.

It's also pretty nasty on a Daemon Prince with the IW relic. ;)

It's not that bad. Only use it when you really need to. It's no Chapter Tactic like the IH one, we have Ignore Cover instead.

It's also pretty nasty on a Daemon Prince with the IW relic. :wink:

Maybe you are right. Anyway, do you have a link for this?

Why would you need a link? It's just that picture in a comment on their facebook page, nothing more. ^^

Also just a thought, since Undivided Legions can take marks now....Slaanesh Iron Warriors so they can benefit from the 5+ FnP Slaanesh Power....on top of their Stratagem! :D

No alternate Detachments at the moment. Only the ones from the rulebook.

Well newest leaks:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2289

I am not impressed.

You are rather late. That got posted like 5 or 6 times just in this thread and the one in the news&rumour subforum alone already. :D

Why would you need a link? It's just that picture in a comment on their facebook page, nothing more. ^^

Also just a thought, since Undivided Legions can take marks now....Slaanesh Iron Warriors so they can benefit from the 5+ FnP Slaanesh Power....on top of their Stratagem! :biggrin.:

Slaanesh Havocs addicted to making things go boom....

Between that, the combat drugs, and the natural IW mental illness......

Their entire life is Apocalypse Now on infinite repeat.

"We build it during the day, Charlie come and blow it up at night."

"Smells like victory....."

Iron warriors article is up. Trait is copy paste from the imperial fists, unfortunately. And no unit tidbits like the possessed last time, which is unfortunate, as i had my fingers crossed for knews of obliterator improvements.

On the positive side, the tzeentch power was previewed and is ok, a boost to inv saves, or a 5+ save if the target tzeentch heretic astartes unit has none. Does that mean iron warriors arent prohibited from taking marks this time? Its unclear.

More exciting, the IW command ability and artifact look very nice. The former is outright immune to morale for IW units w/in 6" of your general, very nice for a static gunline force using cultist screens to keep enemy melee units at bay. The latter is a suit of 2+ armor that also restores a lost wound every turn. As the article points out, a pretty nice upgrade for daemon princes in particular, though not bad for lords, either.

All in all, not as exciting as yesterday's article, imo, but still some good stuff.

On the positive side, the tzeentch power was previewed and is ok, a boost to inv saves, or a 5+ save if the target tzeentch heretic astartes unit has none. Does that mean iron warriors arent prohibited from taking marks this time? Its unclear.

Yes mark are now allowed with the Legion, so Iron Warriors, Word Bearer, Night Lords, Alpha Legion can now take mix marks.  There was a reply on facebook.

Iron Warriors where once class as follow Slannesh & Night Lords once had Khorne marks on there banner back in the Rouge Trader era.

It's also pretty nasty on a Daemon Prince with the IW relic. :wink:

They stated that their goal was to encourage large squads for IW. This gets much more efficient when you're spending it on a unit of 20.....that happens to be ignoring Morale because your Warlord is somewhere in the middle.

Also, on the Legion Trait, it fits because if I remember correctly, the IW Havocs favored HB frag shells that did just that during the Heresy. 

Against other power armor, the cover thing's OK. Against, say, Scouts, it's awesome. Since that's what lots of people use for board control and deep strike denial, that allows us to clear an LZ so some of our heavy hitters can come down on Turn 2.

It's funny that our Cultists can possibly outlast Guardsmen in a war of attrition.....between denying them their cover when exchanging autogun/lasgun shots and careful use of Iron Without, Iron Within on big units, plus the Morale thing.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch