Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

The only issue I see is being able to buy auto-gun cultist at a reasonable cost.  They are still only selling the snap fit dark vengeance junk.  

I guess you can convert the ugly old IG models but it would be nice if GW would give chaos some updated models and filled in the holes for some of the kits.  

Ok so I read the comments bellow the EC preview and apparently not only can undivided legions take marks, but you can choose a mark during a game via a stratagem. Marks no longer give stat boosts however, thats reserved for mark-specific stratagems and psychic powers.

Their is a confirmation that your army can get One relic for free (like the 2+ armor for Daemon prince for Iron Warrior) AND you cand spend one command point to get more relic (exactly like Space marine). 

Also i have translate some more Legion specific stratagem and the 3 new dark Hereticus spell on the Codex Chaos space marine subject. 

I'm seriously hyped for this codex, the EC look awesome and the IW are not bad either... I hope that renegades don't get advance and charge though, that is what WE should be getting!!! Renegades should have a less specific trait, as the renegade chapters are so varied within themselves. But this rumours have been pretty accurate, so I guess it'll be that...

Eh, I'm ok with renegades getting advance and charge if world eaters get +1 attack on the charge.  Sure, their charges might not be quite as easy to pull off, but they'll be much more devastating, especially for berzerkers.

"Maléfice fatal :

CW x : choose a unit at 12". Until the (or your ?) next psychic phase this unit dont have any invulnerable save.

Don du chaos :
Choose a unit at 6" et roll 1D6. If the result is below target's thougness she suffer 1D3+3 mortal wound. If a character is killed by this spell he's turn into a chaos spawn"

yassssssssssssss, thanks buddy

Edited by Archaeinox

"Maléfice fatal :

CW x : choose a unit at 12". Until the (or your ?) next psychic phase this unit dont have any invulnerable save.

Don du chaos :

Choose a unit at 6" et roll 1D6. If the result is below target's thougness she suffer 1D3+3 mortal wound. If a character is killed by this spell he's turn into a chaos spawn"

Wow the second one is sick! That means basically all vehicles and monster will get automatically 1d3+3 mortal wounds! o_O

"Maléfice fatal :

Don du chaos :

Wow the second one is sick! That means basically all vehicles and monster will get automatically 1d3+3 mortal wounds! o_O

Well I guess I need to build some spawn with Commissar hats. Because that spell is a must for my Night Lords vs precious, vulnerable, little guardsmen.

Okay just read the rest of the translation in the other thread. If the EC Stratagem really works like that without any restriction....then I officially declare EC as the winner of the CSM Codex. Especially considering the Slaanesh Stratagem (shooting twice) and the Slaanesh Psychic Power (5+ FnP) and the fact that Noise Marines are already awesome on their own. :D

"Maléfice fatal :

Don du chaos :

6 is most probably automatic failure.

"Maléfice fatal :

Don du chaos :

6 is most probably automatic failure.

Still a 5/6  chance to deal an average of 5 Mortal wounds lol

The Iron Warriors are looking pretty awesome. Yes, it's disappointing to see a duplicate of the Imperial Fists Chapter Tactics as their Legion Trait, but their relic is excellent, and their unique warlord trait and stratagem both seem very useful and fluffy.

Weaver of Fates will be a great boon to big blobs of Rubricae and Scarab Occult, especially if you have Magnus or an Exalted Sorcerer nearby - 3++ re-rolling ones is nothing to scoff at.

Honestly all of the new spells seem really good so far. I'm doubly happy I finished painting up Zardu Layak last night to use as a Sorcerer. A couple squads of Possessed supported by a Sorcerer and a Dark Apostle sounds positively depraved. :P

If the Word Bearers get an Accursed Crozius as their unique relic I'll know that the new CEO of GeeDubs can hear my whispered prayers. Ha ha

Not questioning our French friend, but I think there may have been some fuzzy words in the picture. That seems a bit much. I could understand rolling OVER toughness.

It may be my bad english. But as i understood it the result of you roll must be > of the Thoughness. So a vehicule can't ever be victim of this spell (or maybe just on six). 

Make sense, the more Thoughness you target has, the more it's difficult to turn her into a Spawn. But yea most of this world are more "imagined" than actually read thanx to the bad scann. 

And yes it's from the Dark Hereticus spells. Slaanesh got one power (already officialy said on EC teaser), so does Tzeencht. Dunno about the nurgle on. 

Kind of sad. Nurgle & Tzeencht will have 7 spells (i expect 6 spells in the DG & TS codex). Slaaanesh only 1. 

So you need to roll over their thoughness? That makes more sense and makes the spell less... broken.

5/6 chance to do 5 mortal wounds to anything with T6+ is not balanced.

My only beef is the need to reserve points for Spawn. I understand from one side, but on the other hand I think with some abilities they should be free.

Other than that Waaaagggghhhoooo!

Edited by Zodd1888

Got a email today, Black Library web site is the right release date.  Not the one in the White Dwarf - they tend work three month in advance if I remember.

That's literally what I said. :tongue.: The date has been amended on the BL website for well over a month now.

Anyway, I'm sad to see the age of marks giving bonuses disappear.

EC rules look cool. IW look a bit disappointing (but they were pretty dull in the Traitor Legions supplement as well so that's hardly surprising, although we don't have the full picture yet).

Very interested to see all the relics

Edited by Marshal Loss