Anamnesis project 40k

Anamnesis

That red with purple undertones is brill!

Thank you that’s probably my favourite part :wub:

my jaw was already towards the floor simply looking at your handiwork

and then I saw the "four hours" bit ..............

Well done, man. 

Thank you, doing the scratches jnstead of edge highlights save a ton of time :teehee:

Lovely colours, and gorgeous mini. I can't help but feel the black looks slightly...flat...compared to your other marines, e.g. the chaplain and repulsor. It's just a little jarring to see the lovely graded purple next to the flat black. Maybe a black templar glaze to make it slightly satiny? 

Thanks xenith, it is missing the satin varnish in the end but you may be right it looks really flat in picture. It’s funny because it’s actually two highlight on the black maybe i should push it a bit more!

Always an absolute pleasure visiting this thread!

Thank you betrayer :blush.:

I love the new olour-scheme! And wow - you went simply wild with the number of scratches on him, but he still looks really good. Must the the really fine quality of those.

I agree ith Xenith on the black, but I'm afraid a glaze of Black Tempar will significantly tone down all your work on scratch marks. What would you say for a different approach: instead of pushing another level of highlights, I would add a shade of black+brown or black+magenta into the recesses. 
Have you seen Marco Frisoni's video about Black Templar? I think there is an idea for you - a contrast between warm and cool tones of black.

So good to see your works again! :)

Yes, you overdid it :D
I would personally try adding pure black or brown/black dots on the plates edges as a rescue solution. This would imitate deeper scratches and add colour variety.
But I definitely like the overall shade of black more. It seems like there is a purple/magenta undertone to it now, which works perfectly with the purple part of the armour.

That guy is clearly the sole survivor of the elimination of his entire squad in combat, who then joined another squad, only to be the sole survivor of that squad, and who’s now fighting his way to another squad - he has definitely seen some :censored: that makes even Marines cold…

He’s pretty scratched up, but it would all really depend on the story you tell with him and whatever squad you put him in - I don’t think he necessarily looks bad though.

If you want him less scratched, how hard would it be to fill some of them in with black armor color?

Really love the Successor color scheme!

That guy is clearly the sole survivor of the elimination of his entire squad in combat, who then joined another squad, only to be the sole survivor of that squad, and who’s now fighting his way to another squad - he has definitely seen some :censored: that makes even Marines cold…

He’s pretty scratched up, but it would all really depend on the story you tell with him and whatever squad you put him in - I don’t think he necessarily looks bad though.

If you want him less scratched, how hard would it be to fill some of them in with black armor color?

Really love the Successor color scheme!

I will probably fill a few of them with black but you description made me laugh :teehee: 

I'm still waiting for my base to do the touch up !

Do they look like scratches to me? No. Do they look like awesome black marble? Yes!

Ah! interesting :pirate:

In the mean time, I slightly converted my judicar 

Jbdkm7s.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Anamnesis

• 2 weeks later...

Really great job! I can see it was fun :thumbsup:

Toned-down the scratches look definitely better now. Not sure about the white in the recesses especially below the greaves, but it's not bad either. If snow has salts in it, then such marks are entirely possible.
And I think it is perfectly fine that there is some yellow in the snow. Same for all the other colours in there. It makes the snow base much more interesting imo.
The gem on the power fist is sooooooo sweet!

Will there be more? ;)

Really great job! I can see it was fun :thumbsup:

Toned-down the scratches look definitely better now. Not sure about the white in the recesses especially below the greaves, but it's not bad either. If snow has salts in it, then such marks are entirely possible.

And I think it is perfectly fine that there is some yellow in the snow. Same for all the other colours in there. It makes the snow base much more interesting imo.

The gem on the power fist is sooooooo sweet!

Will there be more? :wink:

Thank you, the snow wash went a bit everywhere ahah I forgot how much I love painting little gem, it's been a while ^^

I honestly don't know, my hobby motivation is a bit all over the place and since the general interest around to play 40k is almost non existent, I tend to prefer painting things I'm gonna use.

But they will be more a one point, I just don't know when :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

Bellissimo! Absolutely stunning work on the sergeant, so regal, so ominous, perfect!

The Charnel Guard are a great chapter from the tidbits we've been given of them, I've no doubt their teases of lore are certainly part of their allure, but who also doesn't love gothic vampires? I adore them and it's always a treat to see them receiving more appreciation ^^ Great work cannot wait to see your future pieces :)

May I ask what technique you used to paint the armour? The AK acrylics work brilliantly! 

Bellissimo! Absolutely stunning work on the sergeant, so regal, so ominous, perfect!

The Charnel Guard are a great chapter from the tidbits we've been given of them, I've no doubt their teases of lore are certainly part of their allure, but who also doesn't love gothic vampires? I adore them and it's always a treat to see them receiving more appreciation ^^ Great work cannot wait to see your future pieces :smile.:

May I ask what technique you used to paint the armour? The AK acrylics work brilliantly! 

Thank you!

For the armour, I lay down the basecoat and general highlight with airbrush then work from there, oil wash of black in the recess  then I highlight using a mix between stippling and small line to do the black armour as I wanted something different than the usual edge highlight 

I had a lot of trial and error on this one but I like the result, it's just I need to rethink the black and my motivation is a bit all the over the place on 40k as I've been considering gsc, iron warriors and now night lord on the last few days but I'm still mostly focusing on aos at the moment

Anamnesis

• 1 month later...

Alright, I was in a kitbash mood after thinking about those conversion for way too long so I finally took the plunge!

I forgot how fun it is to kitbash marines! 

Su8a7hC.jpg

xCHh71U.jpg

sqZccAu.jpg

The idea is to play on the lore since the charnel guard is supposed to be a mix of blood angels and night lords, so death company will have terror squad helmet and I'm using sparingly night lords chain weapon (mostly because they look so cool )

I was considering changing tor garadon fist but I actually really like the look
Captain with the shield is just a mock up at the moment, I need to work on the pose

Let me know what you think!
Cheers,
Anamnesis

This is all fantastic, every bit is a majestic realization of the craft. But, what got, the thing that caused me to speed up my rad through and look only for minis and replies to those posts was this

Fk6FULo.jpg

Your faces...

You have mastered the art of bringing out the ugly in these grimdark "heroes".

These are beyond praise and strikingly, hauntingly perfected.

You sir or Madame are incredible.

Keep it up.

Lovely work.

This is all fantastic, every bit is a majestic realization of the craft. But, what got, the thing that caused me to speed up my rad through and look only for minis and replies to those posts was this

Your faces...

You have mastered the art of bringing out the ugly in these grimdark "heroes".

These are beyond praise and strikingly, hauntingly perfected.

You sir or Madame are incredible.

Keep it up.

Lovely work.

when i saw this face i thougt WHAT???? Its perfect, this paintjob is so impressive!

Nice conversions to the models.

And the finished model is fantastic. 

Keep going brother

Thanks guys, I'm happy you like the faces I paint, I really enjoy painting them and could probably do this all the day !

Speaking of face, I need to find one to paint againt, it's been to long :teehee:

So you're gonna paint all my models for me? Oh how kind! Thanks pal!

For real though, amazing minis!

Ha! I already have a hard time painting for me :sweat:

Anyway, I made the acquisition of shadow throne, so you may see some custodes, the appeal to have 10 minis for a 1000pts army is really real :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Alright after going back and forth here is my first custodes as I just can't get excited with marines saddly

Let me know what you think as it was pretty fun and fully made with brush this time fun exercise 

IRxj6Ny.jpg

t7ZDCSF.jpg

2ssJhft.jpg

dNhjT8i.jpg

Happy painting!

Anamnesis