The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

Already started on a Cenobite gang, still very wip though so not worth showing. Still working on Pinhead, got the Wire Twins from Hellraiser Inferno basecoated, started a conversion of the 'Butcher' from the last (imho awful) movie and am sourcing parts for the Chatterer and Butterball. As for your advice on  the Cawdor, I shall read that again later when I have had some sleep, brains not working atm. 

'The Murder Kings' my Corpse Grinder Cult gang had their first outing on Monday, what a Rip roaring success that was on the new ZM tiles.

Plenty of Orlock and Delaque gangers fell prey to Crazy Dave and his Rotary saw on a rope, whilst rolling 6 dice for a leader/ champion with Paired Chain Cleavers on the charge is great fun.

Cawdor gang in the post, that should be here tomorrow... *squeals like a girl* Ngl I can't wait, wanted to get some of these when they first came out, lovely looking minis. 

The Van Sarr are kinda growing on me as well... 

Aaaand they have arrived... Time to break out the snips and glue and try not to stab myself or glue myself to the sofa as I build these... Finally something to build that isnt a :cussing Space Marine...

Got 5 of the Cawdor built, assembled them as normal straight from the box, the second sprue is gonna get converted, might even try to convert some weapons options covered by the FW resin upgrades. 

What would the general every day word for a car be in the 41st millenneneneneium? I found a Brett archer head with no nose and a bandage over his face that I wanna use on a juve, was gonna call him 'new car scent' but thought the joke may not work as they dont use 'cars'. 

I seem to recall the word "car" being used in several of the Cain books. Will get a quote.

EDIT: Just from Duty Calls we've got aircar and groundcar. So presumably the word car is in common usage.

Example quotes:

"I caught sight of innumerable other aircraft, ranging from two-seater skycars"

"A groundcar was making its way across the expanse of rockrete between us and the terminal building, flanked by a pair of outriders perched over the wheels of their gently-humming monocycles"

Edited by Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

• 2 weeks later...

Got a question for the necromunda experts.

Orlocks come with 25mm bases but I want to convert them to GSC orlock gang. Should I use the 25mm bases or use 32mm bases that GSC use anyway? 

Never mind I found out my own question. 

Edited by Axineton

• 8 months later...

Looking in to starting up necromunda. Best way to start? (Only experience I have is blackstone fortress)

Find some people to play with? :P

Welcome to the underhive madness!

Firstly I'd say find a gang you're interested in, then buy their box and start tinkering with weapon options. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I’m quite excited now I’ve got enough ZM tiles to create an actual 4x4... and wanted to see what I can do. I’ve looked at some examples of others, but I wondered if anyone else had a rough idea of how many sprues are actually involved in making something of reasonable density? What I’m envisaging is probably making something akin to a traditional ZM board so it can be used for multiple games, and naturally have the flexibility to expand upwards for aesthetic and general gaming enjoyment - but I didn’t know if anyone had done anything similar.

I’ve got Dark Uprising to contribute so far - but I’m guessing I’ll be needing a few more boxes of things to get to the density of walls needed. Any guidance or suggestions based on experience welcomed!

Hello my fellow underhive dwellers!  I've had an Orlock gang box for a while but I never got past a couple of WIP gangers, however I'd like to get back to it now that we have the full rules and lore with the Book of Iron. Before plunging into it, I'd like to know something as I don't have the book yet: do the wrecker prospects completely substitute the juves for Orlock gangs, or can you

have regular juves as well? I don't dislike the jump packs, but if I can have some non-wrecker juves that would be nice (I have a couple ideas for juves that don't really fit the idea of jumping around). While we're at it, does the same apply to Escher prospects? I might be tempted to start a Escher gang down the line, so knowing it in advance might inform my purchases :happy.:

I'd like to know something as I don't have the book yet: do the wrecker prospects completely substitute the juves for Orlock gangs, or can you

have regular juves as well? I don't dislike the jump packs, but if I can have some non-wrecker juves that would be nice (I have a couple ideas for juves that don't really fit the idea of jumping around). While we're at it, does the same apply to Escher prospects? I might be tempted to start a Escher gang down the line, so knowing it in advance might inform my purchases :happy.:

Nope, Juves are alive and well in the new books, with the Propects acting as an additional option just like the new Champion choices for the Houses. Everything is getting house-specific renames too -  in House Orlock Juves are now known as Greenhorns and in House Escher they're Little Sisters.

-Ran

• 1 month later...

I've been having issues with my Corpse Grinder cult.

Specifically: I've been stuck on a colour-scheme for them since I got Necromunda: Dark Uprising.... Last Christmas :lol:

My crew is interested in Necromunda, but we've been trying to work to get everyone up to speed. One of the things we've agreed on is painted minis for the gangs, so my inability to figure out a colour-scheme for them is... an issue

No idea at all? Any definitely, possibly, not at all colors? Anything to go on?

I actually came up with a scheme last night after posting that (around 11 PM-Midnight) :lol:

The scheme idea:

Armour/Weapons: Super bright, shiny silver (like, Ironbreaker > Stormhost Silver > Nuln Oil Gloss > Stormhost Silver again. The teeth on the chain weapons will be Iron Warriors)

Cloth: Light red main, dark red on the striped areas (So Mephiston and Khorne Red)

Boots: Black Leather

Copious amounts of Blood and Gore afterwards

• 3 weeks later...