The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

Instead of blocking up the N&R thread with random jibber jabber lets all squee and be excited over here instead. :smile.:

Have at it fellow underhivers... 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Ahh welcome to the Drinking Hole, whats your poison sir?? Though we only have urine at the moment, but we do have a choice of Human or Rat. 

Why stick to GW gangs, nothing from stopping you creating your own but using the rules for another House. For years I was using Confrontation gangs with Necromunda gang rules. So far (I cant speak for the new edition) the only difference between gangs was the weapon charts used for starting gangs (House weapon lists were introduced in 2nd ed) and the skill charts used when you level up. 

Or just go Enforcers so you can scream I AM THE LAW!!!

I want a pint of tavern's keeper blood, thanks.

For gangs, I want to do a desertpunk, cannibal escher gang that I could proxy as deldar for 40k games (big gang, yes, with some space pirates reinforcements).

Not sure what to do with the goliaths, tho. Maybe exchange them with a friend or just use them as a bit fodder.

Ahh welcome to the Drinking Hole, whats your poison sir?? Though we only have urine at the moment, but we do have a choice of Human or Rat. 

Pfff. I won't drink that rat's piss. I'll take a bottle of Second Best.

Really, really looking forward to nu-Cawdors and Redemptionists, though a Goliath gang (WHO'S A BIGG BOY?!) seems like it might be fun. :P

I cant look at Goliaths without thinking of the Blue Oyster from Police Academy. 

You're gunna need more peaked caps for that. :laugh.:

Edited by Olis

Why stick to GW gangs, nothing from stopping you creating your own but using the rules for another House. For years I was using Confrontation gangs with Necromunda gang rules. So far (I cant speak for the new edition) the only difference between gangs was the weapon charts used for starting gangs (House weapon lists were introduced in 2nd ed) and the skill charts used when you level up.

Or just go Enforcers so you can scream I AM THE LAW!!!

Good point about a custom gang... or I'll nab some GSC and hope they get to be a gang in time. As for enforcers, as I said in the N&R thread, i'd get those as display/holdout for use in 40k instead.

I think if anyone has any questions about the original this might be as good as place as any to start asking.

I'm not sure what gang I'll try and run this time, I ran Orloks most of the time in previous editions, but I think the beauty of it this time around is we are spoilt for parts options. I am seriously tempted to sculpt some of my gang from scratch once the scale is confirmed.

Scale is the same as it was before, apparently; I read on a FB group that the FW people have deliberately made the figures compatible - the Escher are slightly taller because they can do high heels now, apparently, and the Goliaths are exceptionally large just because - all the other gangs match their metal counterparts.

Evening, pint of Sump Stout please!

I'm really excited for this release, Necromunda was my all time favourite game.

Already told the wife that the table will be covered in Necromunda scenery very often, but she's not too fussed and actually likes the sound of the lore. Win!

I had Orlocks first time around, but this time I think I might have to get all of the original gangs, depending on how they look.

If the Van Saar are all Will Riker clones I might not bother, but then again head swaps are easy. Same for Delaque, hope there's a tad more variety in the heads.

I've ordered some Galvanic Servohaulers today, to get me in the mood and get some terrain pieces done. Hoping to find out what terrain is in the box so I don't end up ordering the same stuff

I R EXCITE

Edited by Cyrox

I've already started saving. I have 57p so far.

That'll get you... an arm. Maybe. If you've got about thirty video games you don't want any more, trade them into Gamestop and you can probably afford the other one. :P

A whole arm!

The Underhive is mine, I tell you, mine!

Nah, my birthday is in October so I'm going to ask for money, more money, and some more money too. That way I can add to my own ill-gotten gains and I should have enough for at least one of everything at release.

Sounds like a plan. I'm just going to find a tin and slap NECROMUNDA FUNDS on the side with a permanent marker. :happy.:

So, now that we know where the 'Olis Gang' keeps its stash it'll be time for a trip back to the old territories to roust the rest of the gang up from retirement for a quick raid.

Just gotta move swift like before another gang twigs to the idea.

Wow, the old monopose Orlocks. I'm interested to see what you do with them, Doghouse. :smile.:

Hey now. They came in two poses. Guy with long arm and guy with knife.

So, now that we know where the 'Olis Gang' keeps its stash it'll be time for a trip back to the old territories to roust the rest of the gang up from retirement for a quick raid.

Just gotta move swift like before another gang twigs to the idea.

*Furiously buys Screamers*