What has your Emperor's Champion slain?

I slayed a Swarm Lord :) it was the opponent last "desperation move" to charge my LRC. Helbrecht and Chaplain joined the fight and the EC climbed down from the tank and took a couple of xenos skulls.

In his first battle of The Vindex Crusade the Emperors Champion slew Abbadon in 2 player turns. Abbadon takes half damage rounding up; In my turn he did 4 wounds went through for 2 damage. The Champ made all his saves by the grace of the Emperor and then did 7 wounds for 4 damage. The Crusader squad did 1 damage.

gallery_101376_13705_619442.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mortarian.

But I do need to caveat that with the fact that Mortarian was down to 12 wounds from shooting and the Emperor's Champion had help from Helbrecht and a crusader squad.

Although the expensive 'fight again' stategem was really helpful here.

med_gallery_72111_11908_67214.jpg

Edited by JAG Templar

Last night my Emperors Champion went toe to toe vs Captain Artemis of the Death watch and slew him in a single round of combat. Just as he finished the combat, the Land Raider Crusader next to him was smashed out of the way and a Enemy Deathwatch Venerable Dreadnought strode forth. The Emperors Champion looked around him and saw his battle brothers standing ready to bring the beast down with plasma and melta guns, but with a glance he told them to stand down. This was challenge sent by the emperor himself and he must accept any challenge, no matter the odds!

Charging forward, the EC threw a krak grenade which opened up a hole in the brutes armour. With a roar the champion jumped high in the air and plunged the black sword down through the hole made by the grenade and straight through the heart of the pilot inside! 

Ok so fluff over, The EC killed Artemis with no issues and then charged a dreadnought which had full wounds. I could have killed it with firepower but that didn't feel very Templar! The krak grenade did 3 Damage and then I got 2 wounds through with the black sword and each one dd 3 damage, killing the dreadnought in one fell swoop :D 

Wall of fanfic incomig, see end of post for TLDR :P

Brother Georg, Champion to the Permula crusade, let his gaze wander over the battlefield. Through trickery and witchcraft the Eldar made his brothers bleed. He would have no more of it. A roar of holy wrath, inspired by something greater than himself, boomed from his helmet's speakers. Accompanied by a dozen of his brothers he charged the debris field where the witches thought themselves hidden behind a veil of their petty cantrips.

He felt tiny blades bounce off his armor, some biting into it, a few slicing through the more delicate parts of his plate. The pain mattered not. He was a tool of higher purpose. The black sword firmly in his grip he simply ran over the frail Eldar that sought to bar his path, letting lose a ripple of bolt shells from his pistol to put the xenos filth to an end. His brothers fought and killed and died around him. The comms in his helmet continually crackled with orders, warnings and reports. He barely noticed. He saw a figure in wide robes with a gleeming blade in his hands.

A Warlock they called him. Unholy warp flames spat from his hands, Georg leaned into it. He would not back down. The armor of faith shielded his flesh, hatred steeled his soul. Even the speed and reflexes of the Eldar were no match for the guidance of the Emperor's light. The Black Sword flared as it pierced the alien's forcefield and effortlessly burried itself in its flesh to the hilt. A swift jolt cast aside the corpse, cleaved open like cattle. Just in time for Georg to dive out of the path of a giant construct's foot. The dead of the Eldar joined the fray to protect their Seers.

A giant blade sweeped down in a wide arc, again Georg had to dodge to the side. A missile slammed into the massive montrosities chest, if nothing else buying time for the champion to find an opening. He swung his blade with all the force he could muster against the Wraith's leg. Already off balance from the detonation, the thing came down. But still it fought back. The huge glaive dropped from his hands, however the fist itself was enough to smash a man. It hit Georg in the flank, casting him sideways like a toy. He felt the impact, shattering his holy plate. The coppery taste of blood on his tongue.

The thrumming in his ears quickly subsided as his vision cleared. He pulled himself up to one knee, heavily leaning on the black sword, as his left arm wouldn't obey.

No Pity! He got to his feet. No Remorse! Sword held to the side he fell into a trot. NO FEAR! The wraithlord still lay on the ground where it fell, although it threshed with its arms, smashing a templar brother's careless Neophyte to pulp. Georg flung himself at the construct, carving its arm, lunging across the limb and finally burrying the black sword where the chin of a human would have been.

Silence. Only now did Georg realize that nothing came through the vox anymore. He pulled free his sword and stood tall. The last of his brothers lay dead around him. A dozen of mankind's finest warriors.

A few steps ahead of him stood the seer of the Eldar force, accompanied by four warriors in blue armor. They leveled their guns at him, yet all he saw was light. Purpose. Destination. He embraced the pain as he charged the enemies of man. The witch spat lightning at him, yet Georg shielded his soul with contempt. They were vermin to be vanquished in His name. Georgs armor was riddled with impacts, his skin cut countless times, his blood spraying and his flesh being torn off his tortured body. He lunged one last time.

It was the task of the Emperor's champion to seek out the enemy's champions and to bring them the Emperor's justice. One last time the black sword tasted xenos blood. As Georg slammed into the Eldar Farseer, he mustered what life was left in him to pull the blade across the alien's chest. Accompanied by a surprised gasp and the dingling of trappings cut loose, delicate runes slashed open and a gush of blood followed the clean sweep of the sword. As his view followed the beautiful, venerable blade Georg's mind was numb to his bodie's agony. There was only one sensation before he succumbed. Purpose.

That got longer than I expected :biggrin.:

TLDR: In an epic onslought Georg cut down a warlock, then got charged by a wraithlord that was previously softened up by shooting and whos  attacks nearly killed him save for a CP reroll on that 4+ invuln, leaving him at 1 wound. BT stratagem denied the smite that would have killed him. Finally he ended the Eldar farseer (10inch charge around a Dire Avenger squad. Thanks chapter tactics!), only to get himself cut down by a squad of Dire Avengers in the following shooting phase. Still his sacrifice secured a Black Templars victory over the filthy xenos!

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

TLDR: In an epic onslought Georg cut down a warlock, then got charged by a wraithlord that was previously softened up by shooting and whos attacks nearly killed him save for a CP reroll on that 4+ invuln, leaving him at 1 wound. BT stratagem denied the smite that would have killed him. Finally he ended the Eldar farseer (10inch charge around a Dire Avenger squad. Thanks chapter tactics!), only to get himself cut down by a squad of Dire Avengers in the following shooting phase. Still his sacrifice secured a Black Templars victory over the filthy xenos!

Well done. The only way this battle can be more AWESOME, is if the Emperor's Champion simultaneously killed the Wraithlord and the Farseer by grabbing the Wraithlord by the ankle and then swinging the xeno construct like a blunt two-handed sword, to bludgeon the Farseer (and the xeno's Dire Avenger honor guards) to death.

But I do need to caveat that with the fact that Mortarian was down to 12 wounds from shooting and the Emperor's Champion had help from Helbrecht and a crusader squad.

When your opponent sees notches in your belt, they never think, "That third one from the end...was anyone helping him on that?"

The EC took him down. That's all scribes of your crusade need to know.

Well done!

It was a good day brothers! The Emperor's light shined upon the Vindex Crusade!!

Near death, down to his last wound, the Emperors Champion charged back in and took the last wounds from a vile zenos Wraithknight! Suffer not the alien to live! No matter the size or consequence! Zeal or death brothers!!!!

gallery_101376_13705_863256.jpg

Such an excellent photo too, its so very 40k. Like "how is this little guy supposed to kill something so enormous?" I'm thinking he climbed up the legs, and stuck the Black Sword straight through the head of the creature.

Easy answer: Swing the Black Sword with sufficient force to sever the xeno construct's legs at the knee. Once it's down- crawling before the Emperor's Champion like the insect it is- the Wraithknight's neck should be within reach of the Black Sword.

No wraithknight, alas, but this weekend, the Emperor's Champion cut down a sickly Ethereal, before cutting through a Krootoc and several drones that were harassing a razorback and a single Sword Brother capturing the enemy objective.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this thread is considered dead..... i just really wanted to add to this.

In 7th my Emperor's Champion has killed uncountable heretics and witches but as this isn't the most up to date edition i won't focus on it :P

I've only managed to play one game of 8th so far but he managed to annihilate Ahriman and two exalted sorcerers not a bad kill count if i do say so my self, i also have two other games today where he may have to go up against Magnus in one of them this may seem like a daunting task but size is no match against  ZEAL!!

My Emperor's Champion fought against a Hive Tyrant. He brought him down to his last tier profile in the first bout of combat alongside Helbrecht. Wounding 3s against the creature came quite in handy. After passing some invuln saves on Helbrecht (thank the emperor) the Hive Tyrant tried to back out of combat, use psychic powers, then charge back in because Hive Fleet Kraken can do that. The psychic powers either failed, or I successfully Abhor the Witch (which saved Helbrecht's life). The Hive Tyrant charges back in, the Emperor's Champion heroically intervenes, Invulnerable saves once again passed on Helbrecht (dear holy emperor thank thee) and the Emperor's Champion finally slays the foul beast. 

The look on the Tyranid player's face when I tell him that he swings at Strength 8 was priceless. 

In his first battle of The Vindex Crusade the Emperors Champion slew Abbadon in 2 player turns. Abbadon takes half damage rounding up; In my turn he did 4 wounds went through for 2 damage. The Champ made all his saves by the grace of the Emperor and then did 7 wounds for 4 damage. The Crusader squad did 1 damage.

gallery_101376_13705_619442.jpg

I wanna appreciate the fact of how small Abaddon looks like in this photo surrounded by BT... and he's supposed to be in Terminator Armour too...

Did a 3 armies FFA last week, Eldar vs Tau vs Templars... 1000 pts. only each, after taking the brunt of most of both army's guns, the Stormraven finally delivered the wrath of the Champion and the Honour Guard to the foe... slaying a Tau Commander, a group of Battlesuits, and after shrugging off some Smite from the Farseer, proceeded to decimate the Eldar Dire Avengers before executing the Farseer....

unfortunately, the Champion was slain by my own exploding Stormraven...