Twitch reveals

Halfpint100

For the Tallarn Stratagem (EDIT: meant to say Doctrine) it says that they can advance and shoot any non-Heavy weapons as if they were assault weapons, without the -1 penalty for advancing. Does that mean rapid fire, grenade, and even assault weapons can advance and fire at normal BS? If so that is wonderfully fast movement.

That along with the Grenadiers stratagem (where you get to throw all your grenades) could be pretty nice, especially with a 3x Demo Charge SWS for just 39 points. Target your opponent's unit with a Sabre Searchlight for 20 points, and you've got: 3D6 S8 -3 D3 attacks hitting on 3+, with a threat range of 13-18" (depending on your advance roll). For 59 points.

One use only though, and then you've got a little team of objective-campers.

Edited by gunnyogrady

For the Tallarn Stratagem, it says that they can advance and shoot any non-Heavy weapons as if they were assault weapons, without the -1 penalty for advancing. Does that mean rapid fire, grenade, and even assault weapons can advance and fire at normal BS? If so that is wonderfully fast movement.

That along with the Grenadiers stratagem (where you get to throw all your grenades) could be pretty nice, especially with a 3x Demo Charge SWS for just 39 points. Target your opponent's unit with a Sabre Searchlight for 20 points, and you've got: 3D6 S8 -3 D3 attacks hitting on 3+, with a threat range of 13-18" (depending on your advance roll). For 59 points.

One use only though, and then you've got a little team of objective-campers.

I think that is their Doctrine, not Strategem.

Armageddon units can be incredibly annoying to deal with. They can stick at max range firing two shots constantly. Most units move 6" so if you're always at 18 your opponent will need an 11" charge.

Sure you can shoot them... but they'll also be a lot more durable with the order to move them back in.

pretty cool!!

These look awesome so far. The only one that is meh to me so far is the casual one as it promotes static gunline/more defensive...

I like playing aggressive :D

Armageddon units can be incredibly annoying to deal with. They can stick at max range firing two shots constantly. Most units move 6" so if you're always at 18 your opponent will need an 11" charge.

Sure you can shoot them... but they'll also be a lot more durable with the order to move them back in.

pretty cool!!

These look awesome so far. The only one that is meh to me so far is the casual one as it promotes static gunline/more defensive...

I like playing aggressive :biggrin.:

And then when you get close they fire and jump in the chimera.

<p>

Steel legion order:

• Armageddon: Mount Up!: Targeted unit may shoot and immediately embark in a vehicle as long as they're with in range and they have not disembarked in the movement phase.

Wait, could they mount up in a Valkyrie that's flown into position?

<p>

Steel legion order:

• Armageddon: Mount Up!: Targeted unit may shoot and immediately embark in a vehicle as long as they're with in range and they have not disembarked in the movement phase.

Wait, could they mount up in a Valkyrie that's flown into position?

It's a Vehicle, so yes.

Lol, so Catachan now fields the best artillery, Tallarn have the best chimeras, and the Steel Legion can now make the best use of flying transports in the guard. WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS FLUFF XD

After the codex previews the dilemma seems to be between a combined squad of 20 regular infantry and a blob of 30 conscripts.

The combined is more trusty, with guaranteed orders, but if points remain the same 30 conscripts will be cheaper and able to grab better those juicy objectives

So take the 20 guards if you have points to spare or conscripts of you want to drown people in masses of bodies.

The relic aquila sounds interesting. Not for practical purposes, more for... well, trolling really. Start with ridiculous amounts of CP, and then regenerate the ones you use... <.<

Umm...no. The Ultramarine warlord trait lets you regain CP on 5+. It is one of the best warlord traits in the game. If the aquila comes even close to that, it will be in nearly every list.

So you can combine obsec both in russes and infantry?

I think so. russes in a spearhead with a tank commander (This was what he was insinuating, have to wait for the codex to fully find out). Plus a normal detatchment for obsec

The whole obsec in spearheads is kind of interesting.  Have they done anything like this for any other army yet?  

They seem to be trying temp us into these detachments.  Previously, the only reason I would put a spearhead, vanguard, or outrider detachment in a list would be if I had already filled up a list and noticed that I could break off some units for the +1 cp.  If I needed more unit slots, I would always just take a few extra infantry squads to make it a battalion.

People are also saying that the basilisk got some more armor penetration and some of the super heavy weapons were changed.  This makes me hopeful that a few of the russ weapons get tweaked since the whole firing twice thing doesn't solve the internally balance problems there.

I might have to make another post with even more absurdly cluttered graphs when the codex drops.

Edited by Chris521

The relic aquila sounds interesting. Not for practical purposes, more for... well, trolling really. Start with ridiculous amounts of CP, and then regenerate the ones you use... <.<

Umm...no. The Ultramarine warlord trait lets you regain CP on 5+. It is one of the best warlord traits in the game. If the aquila comes even close to that, it will be in nearly every list.

Oh, it definitely has its uses. But if youve already got loads of CP, an item that regenerates them loses appeal. In SM, a regenerating relic is awesome because its hard to get CP in the first place, theyre a scarce resource. But for guard...

Though it obviously depends on the other relics. It would definitely beat out all but the most OP weapon relics though.

People are also saying that the basilisk got some more armor penetration and some of the super heavy weapons were changed. This makes me hopeful that a few of the russ weapons get tweaked since the whole firing twice thing doesn't solve the internally balance problems there.

Yeah, for example the Exterminator feels pointless now. It gained nothing after losing twin linked.

So it looks like I'll just have to use a detachment of Scions to be my kasrkin. Which is kinda crap since Kasrkin should be able to embed within a Cadian detachment. It also means that filling up a Brigade detachment of Cadians is going to be a real PitA.

So it looks like I'll just have to use a detachment of Scions to be my kasrkin. Which is kinda crap since Kasrkin should be able to embed within a Cadian detachment. It also means that filling up a Brigade detachment of Cadians is going to be a real PitA.

The Detachment / Regimental Bonus link is going to end my use of Battalions. It will mean the loss of CPs but the options for mixed regiments is to good to pass up.

Still need a way to shoehorn Chimaeras with my Morodan Infantry without it feeling like a waste of points.