Twitch reveals

Halfpint100

I read in somewhere that the cadian rule of orders turning reroll 1 into reroll all is only for infantry.  This this does dilute the usefulness of tank order significantly.  To my knowledge, the Cadian order hasn't been leaked yet.  I wonder if the regiment with the only named tank commander could have it's own tank order?

I read in somewhere that the cadian rule of orders turning reroll 1 into reroll all is only for infantry.  This this does dilute the usefulness of tank order significantly.  To my knowledge, the Cadian order hasn't been leaked yet.  I wonder if the regiment with the only named tank commander could have it's own tank order?

It does. It let's you reroll the number of shots on your tanks.

It does. It let's you reroll the number of shots on your tanks.

Sorry, I'm not understanding your response. Are you saying that the Cadian order was leaked and that it lets you re-roll number of shots?

I think I get it. The tank commanders order of reroll 1s wouldnt stack with the cadian regimental bonus, since only the infantry version of the order stacking is called out. Might be FAQed, or maybe they changed the names for the tank orders for it to work?

As of right now only working with the information we've got from the leaks and teasers, I'd rank the Russes the order they're listed below.

Catachans deal the most damage. With the reroll number of shots applying twice for a Battlecannon, you simple will gain the most utility for actual hard damage. You lose the ability to take Pask in a Catachan armor force, but at the end of the day you end up spitting more rounds if you use one of the Dx weapons, especially if you make use of the Battlecannon.

Cadians hit the most as they can benefit by taking Pask which will give Tank Commanders hitting on 3s rerolling 1s, unless ordered in which case they hit on 3s rerolling misses.

Valhallens have the toughest russes, as their wounds count for double when determining wound bracket, making it very hard to knock a russ out of top bracket.

Tallarn have the fastest russes. The ability to dash forward with them and still fire all weapons mean they are a powerful force that can move where needed. They lose a ton of utility however because Grinding Advance doesn't work if you move 5in, limiting how fast a Tallarn tank can go.

Mordians have the best reactionary russes, as they can, with strategems, overwatch on a 4, but that's so incredibly situational it's not really all that good.

Steel Legion have... well it's not a bad russ, but only ignoring AP-1 means it doesn't count for much since most things targeting tanks will have a higher AP than that.

Vostroyans have the longest range Russ... for whatever that'll get you.

I'm wondering what the tank commissar is like in points and stats/orders... and curious if the points reduction only hits HS russes, or TC's as well - and turret weapon costs... and lots of other stuff... lol.

Tallarn and obsec russes for days as it completely removes the annoying factors I had with armor in 8th. And I've been wanting to try a desert paint theme for a long time :) 

As of right now only working with the information we've got from the leaks and teasers, I'd rank the Russes the order they're listed below.

Catachans deal the most damage. With the reroll number of shots applying twice for a Battlecannon, you simple will gain the most utility for actual hard damage. You lose the ability to take Pask in a Catachan armor force, but at the end of the day you end up spitting more rounds if you use one of the Dx weapons, especially if you make use of the Battlecannon.

Cadians hit the most as they can benefit by taking Pask which will give Tank Commanders hitting on 3s rerolling 1s, unless ordered in which case they hit on 3s rerolling misses.

Valhallens have the toughest russes, as their wounds count for double when determining wound bracket, making it very hard to knock a russ out of top bracket.

Tallarn have the fastest russes. The ability to dash forward with them and still fire all weapons mean they are a powerful force that can move where needed. They lose a ton of utility however because Grinding Advance doesn't work if you move 5in, limiting how fast a Tallarn tank can go.

Mordians have the best reactionary russes, as they can, with strategems, overwatch on a 4, but that's so incredibly situational it's not really all that good.

Steel Legion have... well it's not a bad russ, but only ignoring AP-1 means it doesn't count for much since most things targeting tanks will have a higher AP than that.

Vostroyans have the longest range Russ... for whatever that'll get you.

Well, from what we've heard, the Cadian order turning reroll ones into reroll all s an infantry thing only. I'd also rank the Voystroyans a bit higher. Very few armies can use a Punisher as well as they can. 30 inches as opposed to 24 means you can start hitting priority targets turn one. I don't think Tallarn ones are that great. Much better with literally every other vehicle. Steel Legion....well at least it isn't nothing. 

I agree the Cadian rule will likely be Infantry only, though still they get the advantage of having Pask, which is no small advantage as hitting 3s rerolling 1s, and Pask hitting on 2s do make their Russes the most accurate out there. The Tallarn ones are decent, while yes the utility of their special rule isn't fully utalized on a Leman Russ with Grinding advance, the ability to still rush forward and fire your hull mounted lascannon as well as your main gun without worrying about accuracy means you have mobility options that other Russes don't. The +6in to range isn't worth noting as the majority of targets you'll shoot at with a BS3+ Punisher will be troop choice infantry, and those will be up front. Combine the likelyhood of not going first, and your 'free' 4.99in move, you're going to be in range from the get go.

Can you use the stratagem multiple times in one phase?

No stratagem can be used multiple times I am afraid

That's a matched play rule, in narrative and open play you can spam stratagems.

I'm wondering what the tank commissar is like in points and stats/orders... and curious if the points reduction only hits HS russes, or TC's as well - and turret weapon costs... and lots of other stuff... lol.

Tank Commissar isn't a unit, you just pay command points to give a normal Tank officer a leadership bubble.

Wait, are Crusaders getting the Astra Militarum keyword? If so, unless they change the power, psychic barrier should be able to give them a 2++...

Psychic barrier affects armor saves, not invuln saves.

EDIT: I'm wrong. It affects invulns. 

Edited by HenricusTyranicus

Tallarn look like they'll work best with a mixed force of tanks and lighter vehicles whereas Catachans will win out with purely russes. That said, you're losing a reroll on the d6 shot battlecannon for +1 to hit effectively with your secondary weapons which is pretty strong for certain patterns of LR (such as the Tank Commander Vanquisher with a lascannon). I think where Catachan really wins is using Earthshakers, since getting to reroll shots is pretty great for such a powerful gun.

I agree the Cadian rule will likely be Infantry only, though still they get the advantage of having Pask, which is no small advantage as hitting 3s rerolling 1s, and Pask hitting on 2s do make their Russes the most accurate out there. The Tallarn ones are decent, while yes the utility of their special rule isn't fully utalized on a Leman Russ with Grinding advance, the ability to still rush forward and fire your hull mounted lascannon as well as your main gun without worrying about accuracy means you have mobility options that other Russes don't. The +6in to range isn't worth noting as the majority of targets you'll shoot at with a BS3+ Punisher will be troop choice infantry, and those will be up front. Combine the likelyhood of not going first, and your 'free' 4.99in move, you're going to be in range from the get go.

It was confirmed in the twitch that the re-roll 1s if you do not move is for all cadians, infantry and vehicles. However, as far as i am aware, only the infantry can gain access to the re-roll 1s to hit order as well, since when a cadian unit has not moved and has this order placed on them, they re-roll all failed shots (brutal on HWT!)

The cadian tank commander order allows you to re-roll the number of shots your russ does with its turret weapon

Edited by Halfpint100

It was confirmed in the twitch that the re-roll 1s if you do not move is for all cadians, infantry and vehicles. However, as far as i am aware, only the infantry can gain access to the re-roll 1s to hit order as well, since when a cadian unit has not moved and has this order placed on them, they re-roll all failed shots (brutal on HWT!)

The cadian tank commander order allows you to re-roll the number of shots your russ does with its turret weapon

So if the cadian LR doesnt move it can reroll the shots? isnt that the same as the catachan?

Edited by Malakithe

So if the cadian LR doesnt move it can reroll the shots? isnt that the same as the catachan?

If a cadian LR doesn't move, it can re-roll 1s to hit. Cadian tank commanders have an order which allows the targeted LR to re-roll the number of shots of it's turret weapon only.

Catachan have the inbuilt abiltiy to re-roll any weapon, including any sponsons. I believe the order from a Cadian tank commander only affects the turret. Though for Cadians; 2D6 battlecannon rounds, re-rolling number of shots and re-rolling 1s to hit could be fun!