New codex coming this year...

Leonaides

I just want to point out: 30k Blood Angels dont have the flaw and we play them.

If the Black Rage and death company go away completely in terms of Primaris Marines I'm fine with that.

Red thirst being reeled in is cool too. One of the most fascinating aspects in the fluff for me is the cure, and how the Angels would handle it. Corbulo is so fascinating because of these exact issues Cawl has "fixed"

Red Thirst = genetic/biological side effect of Sanguinius’s bloodline. It’s literally in their blood. Manifests as a quickening of the circulatory system and an inescapable thirst that can only be satiated by spilling blood. This is what makes the BA almost preternaturally swift and aggressive on a 1-1 basis.

Black Rage = psychological imprint. Anyone genetically linked to Sanguinius has the chance of a psychically-induced schizophrenic roidrage that is all consuming. It is somewhat of a spectrum, where it is implied that some can few it coming on and take a chill pill before they go “full rage.” Once it overcomes them, there’s no going back as they truly believe they are Sanguinius fighting Horus (why they have no concept of overkill, even by 40k standards).

Both of those together are “The Flaw.”

To be a Blood Angel is not to escape the Flaw, but to acknowledge it, embrace it, and manage it in order to better serve humankind and the Emperor.

I have say... there's plenty of disagreement here from time to time (generally well spirited too) but usually I can see both sides regardless of where I'm personally leaning...

But this thing with "Blood Wulfen" as we've been calling them, haha like wow - I just never thought anyone here would be fine with that, and let me be clear, I'm not criticizing that opinion (while I don't share it) - just saying that this is the first time I've totally taken by surprise on this forum.

Ok, sorry for that aside... back to the Flaw... thing is, it's been written differently at different times in different sources. I'd agree that the Flaw is both the thirst and the rage in 40k, but before Sanguinius died the only 'affliction' these astartes faced was the thirst, but that was never as debilitating as the rage - it was as Indefragable described it... basically a flushed fury to charge and swing a chainsword.

Swallow changed things up a bit in "Fear to Tread" when he made the entire Legion go thirsty and at the same time - incapacitated and incapable of tactical fighting instead of just having a blood lust.

Swallow did the same thing earlier in his 40K BA books [having the entire chapter almost lost] but it was less about the 'thirst', and GW did it again in the campaigns from last year focusing on the 'rage'.

It's just so much flaw flaw flaw, it starts to lose its meaning and becomes cheapened... seriously how are the Blood Angels of any use to the Imperium? ...can someone tell me? ...if they take the flaw trope even further with Blood Wulfen, I dunno... I think it's already too much, and I so dearly love the Death Company to represent our 'flaw'.

vampires-are-scary-but-bats-are-the-wors

I am way more concerned with the Primaris lore in the new novel and what it may mean for the future of my old models than any new unit from GW at this point.

Really waiting for that book to read it myself soon. Trying not to think too much about it. Maybe next week, I am hoping we get some codex teasers soon anyhow.

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

I hope that the new codex show the paint schemes for all the known successors of the Blood Angels, including the some of the new ones of the Devastation of Baal book.

- Angels Encarmine

- Angels Sanguine

- Angels Vermillion

- Flesh Tearers

- Flesh Eaters

- Lamenters

- Knights of Blood

- Carmine Blades

- Angels Excelsis

- Angels Numinous

- Golden Sons

- Exsanguinators

- Charnel Guard

- + 2-3 more to add to the list.

(I've come to read some spoilers about them, and some like the Golden Sons, with their Gold and Black armour, would add some diversity of color schemes to the Blood Angels armies.)

No Daemons, Ynnari, Talons etc. either.

But yeah apart from those for everyone. ^^

Also uhm...we don't need any more evidence anymore? GW already said that we'll be getting ours next together with Dark Angels and that Chaos Daemons will be the first in 2018. This only leaves december for us obviously.

The 1st is a Friday, and most preorders seem to be 1 week, the announcements with info the week before just seem like announcements of announcements. “In a week you can give us money and in another week we will give you something back!” I expect announcement November 25. Preorder December 2. Release December 9. December 18 might as well be January for the amount of games I’ll get in around Christmas lol.

GW could still release the DA book first, it just seems likely that they will release the Codex following the Devastation of Baal book and there's only really the 2nd and 9th for preorders given that they'll probably not be doing much over the holiday weekends.