Codex Chaos Daemons first in 2018

Panzer

The relic is sick.

For basically free (unless you take more than one relic) you get a Daemon Prince with 5 (6 on the charge) S10 (11 on the charge) AP-4 D1d6 attacks that re-roll wound rolls against Titanic units and get an additional 1d3 Mortal wounds for each 6 you roll to wound.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/02/faction-focus-daemons-of-khornegw-homepage-post-4/

Preview shows a few other things that would also help boost a bloodthirster.

I'm still hoping for general increase to a greater daemons wounds and in the case of a GUO toughness 8 would be nice as well.

The plastic greater daemons are almost the size of a Primarch and personally I'd like them to be at least comparable in wounds if not as powerful overall

I'd be very surprised if any of the greater daemons gained wounds. That being said, I'd love to be wrong about that. 

Deep striking 60 bloodletters for 4 CP sounds like a :censored: great deal, to me. Can't wait to do that alongside dropping my berzerker-laden Dreadclaws. *swoon*

And hell, why not infiltrate 40 cultists for another 1 CP.

Control the entire :cuss board.

Edited by Juggernut

I'd be very surprised if any of the greater daemons gained wounds. That being said, I'd love to be wrong about that. 

Deep striking 60 bloodletters for 4 CP sounds like a :censored: great deal, to me. Can't wait to do that alongside dropping my berzerker-laden Dreadclaws. *swoon*

And hell, why not infiltrate 40 cultists for another 1 CP.

Control the entire :censored: board.

You are wrong (at least for AoS)

AoSMaggotkinPreview-Dec27-Boxout5bncs-50

I wouldn`t be surprised if that also carries over to 40K

Dunno I can't see the greater Daemons to get pushed that much while still being HQs. Maybe if they get moved into the LoW section.

You have to take a Super Heavy Auxilliary Detachment just for Mortarion as well and that guy is already restricted by being a special character even.

Dunno I can't see the greater Daemons to get pushed that much while still being HQs. Maybe if they get moved into the LoW section.

You have to take a Super Heavy Auxilliary Detachment just for Mortarion as well and that guy is already restricted by being a special character even.

I can see it happening, but only for the general thanks to a combination of Warlord Traits and Artefacts.

If theyd be that strong standard I'd agree but a general GD should be on Primarch power levels Id say. Was true in 30k even.

In a way a general is a special character too offcourse.

I kinda thought the same thing. Aside from whether it's tactically beneficial i quite like the idea of them being more powerful LoWs. IMO the new models justify it and aside from the four forgeworld characters daemons lack uber LoW units.

The models are getting close in size to the forgeworld versions, the new GUO model with the current GUO stats would seem a bit off next to scabby with t9, 4++ and 22 wounds.

T8 16 wounds for a GUO and toughness 7 14 wounds for the rest would be about what if want, but obviously all the stratagems and relics also affect how tough they are, the hive tyrant has become far more durable since the codex through a number of buffs, even giving greater daemons 4++ like they did for the HT would be huge.

Edited by Marshlands

Oh wow. Daemon prince with Skullreaver, yes please! Only downside is the possible reduction in damage (D6 rather than a flat 3), but it's well worth it.

I'll be very interested to see the rest of the relics.

I've read rumors that pink horrors are str 4, and all horrors use their str for shooting strength, and that heralds still buff by +1 str. Has anyone seen reliable info on this?

Well no, except that the same guy posting on Dakkadakka has posted that too. Wouldnt be suprised! Its not odd to see this boost if Smite isnt available en mass for Tzeentch.

Link: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/747441.page?userfilterid=118149

I've read rumors that pink horrors are str 4, and all horrors use their str for shooting strength, and that heralds still buff by +1 str. Has anyone seen reliable info on this?

It's not confirmed but that has been discussed in this thread and is from Dakka.

Leak suggests large units of pink horrors are assault 3 and a unit of 30 could potentially fire 90 shots with reroll 1s to Hit from a DP, S4 or possibly 5 with Herald, +1 wound from a spell and reroll 1s to wound from a WL trait.

If that were true how would you best run it in a battalion detachment? 30+ pinks in a squad and then brimstone horrors to fill out the troop tax? If Brimestones are 6++ I feel like they are little more than paper weights.

If that were true how would you best run it in a battalion detachment? 30+ pinks in a squad and then brimstone horrors to fill out the troop tax? If Brimestones are 6++ I feel like they are little more than paper weights.

If you don't min being poly god nurglings are a fantastic and reasonably cheap troop slot.

Otherwise 10 horrors is the only option yeah, with current rules 10 brimstone are pretty durable but maybe 10 pink will be better with codex, kinda need to see the whole book though to properly compare