Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

Don't sweat it. USPS sucks. My package went from wa state, down to California, then back up to Canada. I've had them ship all the way to Georgia for a package 50 miles away.

There is a reason they are billions in debt. Billions. With a b.

Don't sweat it. USPS sucks. My package went from wa state, down to California, then back up to Canada. I've had them ship all the way to Georgia for a package 50 miles away.

There is a reason they are billions in debt. Billions. With a b.

National postservice usually suck. Imported packages stay at our customs in Brussels for months if you're unlucky. Then you usually pay a hefty tax when it finally arrives.

So today i walked into our office and saw a few packages sitting on the couch with my name on them, and one from a mysterious Greenz... Quickly i got my gear on and headed to my post with my little box! Once there i got the scissors i opened it and was amazed! how do you even write that small??? Oracle Syriel, well i assume thats his name since its on his shoulder pad ha, looks amazing! i also love the force glaive, its a great touch, since in my lore, the Iron Lions prefer weapons such as spears and glaives over swords and axes! the augmented arm is a great touch as well, it hits on their affinity for all things mechanical! the water affect looks awesome too, im stealing some of water style for my own painting... its almost like you read through my thread ha :sweat:   he'll definitely fit in with the rest. he will now stand an 8 hour watch with me as his initiation into the legion...

thank you for the card too Greenz, a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family as well!

edit: picture to come after work

Sweet! I’m so glad you like Syriel! I was getting worried last week about it, and then the conversation this morning had me stressing out even more!

I had so much fun with your Oracle. I put all my other projects aside and worked solely on him for about 3 weeks. And I had a lot of fun reading through your WIP thread in the Liber. You’ve got some serious background there! I attempted to freehand your chapter symbol on his left shoulder pad, but after 2 failed attempts I gave up. But I did leave a little signature on his backpack...

Im glad you enjoyed reading it ha, i havent touched that thread in a while... maybe its time i touch on their adoption of the Primaris... or just write more "old" fluff! 

yeah its a fairly complex chapter symbol lol, thats why i have decals :) .
i did see that! it says Absolution! at first i thought it was just normal a unforgiven thing, but now that i think about it, you play Angels of Absolution! great signature. i cant fully express how thankful i am. 

@jbaeza94: Cool, i'm eagerly waiting to have some pics !

@ the_bloody did you have received your package ?

The watchers in the dark tells me that's the tracking number say it's all good for you since the 5 january ?

Hello all,

I haven't heard back from my target giftee, so at Chmur's request I'm uploading some photos I took of my gift. Unfortunately I lost my iPad while travelling so I don't have any WIP pics anymore! If it turns up I will upload them later.

For Shinn - I hope you enjoy! I liked your ideas of a knightly theme and dirty, urban environment, so I made a Master in Terminator Armour to lead your army through a muddy, hellish battlefield! I also threw in a little bit of subtle christmas flair for fun!

med_gallery_13333_14039_37319.jpg

med_gallery_13333_14039_112111.jpg

med_gallery_13333_14039_82503.jpg

Syphid - that background of the photo - what terrain is that / where did you get the glass stain windows? As well, are you part of one of the youtube channels? I think I saw a batrep yesterday of DW vs Chaos Demons that had the exact same piece on board.

Yeah, found that one :( Set a 60ish euro mark as "reasonable" cost for that.... so I guess there is the final project idea I needed for the display board I want to make... 

*googles images and how-to create miniature stained glass*

if you find a good link please share it. 

I could imagine doing it with some translucent plastic. Painting or printing a black layout on it. And then fill the parts with translucent paint like glosses.

if you find a good link please share it. 

I could imagine doing it with some translucent plastic. Painting or printing a black layout on it. And then fill the parts with translucent paint like glosses.

Well, no really good tutorial, but plenty of usefull to combine into first working draft.

1. Find a reasonable picture (this will be probably hardest)

2. Print out said picture in outlines

3. Source clear plastic sheet (this should be easy)

- my initial try-out will be on office document plastic pockets, so I can put the printed sheet right into it

4. Now it gets complicated, this will need a craft store visit - I have read suggestions for anything from office markers through the special glass paints to some very specific markers. I guess my first bet is on those things that kids use to make the window paintings, since they will be plastic.

5. Colour up the pattern.

At this point it should be done, needs varnish and is ready to go. In case I can find it, I will try to be extra fancy putting on the "soldered" effect. For this so far no idea, many YT tutorials suggest there is a "pen" that can do it. Otherwise, if the window paints work, then I will probably just superglue thin soldering wire onto the plastic and fill the glass holes with paint.

Hi guys!
I had a really, REALLY bad week, so I honestly didn't feel like logging or posting on the forum. 
Sorry about that.

I received my gift, and it looks great!

I'll make sure to post some pictures in the coming days :smile.:

Well, no really good tutorial, but plenty of usefull to combine into first working draft.

1. Find a reasonable picture (this will be probably hardest)

2. Print out said picture in outlines

3. Source clear plastic sheet (this should be easy)

- my initial try-out will be on office document plastic pockets, so I can put the printed sheet right into it

4. Now it gets complicated, this will need a craft store visit - I have read suggestions for anything from office markers through the special glass paints to some very specific markers. I guess my first bet is on those things that kids use to make the window paintings, since they will be plastic.

5. Colour up the pattern.

At this point it should be done, needs varnish and is ready to go. In case I can find it, I will try to be extra fancy putting on the "soldered" effect. For this so far no idea, many YT tutorials suggest there is a "pen" that can do it. Otherwise, if the window paints work, then I will probably just superglue thin soldering wire onto the plastic and fill the glass holes with paint.

I really would like to to try this out... but I have to finish a certain rhino first.:sweat:

You could find some of those Tictac-boxes, some come in red, yellow, green and blue plastic containers.

maybe thin acrylic glas as a base and then tamiya clear color

IT ARRIVED!

med_gallery_13333_14039_172340.jpg

Thank you, jbaeza94!! I am traveling for work this week but I will take more pics when I get back home. We loved reading your write up on how you approached making the model! You were, right, I don't have any lieutenants so this is a perfect addition to the army and I love the MKIII armour! You did a beautiful job with the bone and bronze colour scheme. What a great event this was!

Archived