Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

I feel bad for my recipient. I'm not a great painter :c

you and i both brother. im sure whoever gets it will appreciate it greatly

Exactly. I wouldn’t worry about quality of paint jobs. I think we’re all in this for the same reason: a fun little festive event to help with the Xmas spirit!

Currently we have 2 submitted tracking numbers. I will be distributing the tracking numbers tomorrow/Thursday to keep the secret alive a bit longer. 

In other news, I broke down and cried yesterday evening when I removed all the masking tape from all the robes I have painted and completely ruined it. The clock is ticking! I will make it in time - the goal is to ship Friday, but it will be tough!

I finished my gift today, and hopefully it will be on its way tomorrow.

I really did my best on this one, but I hadn't felt so inadequate for a looong time. 

Well, it is done. 

Hope my recipient will like it :)

Mini is on route as well. I feel like I've been ripped off with the cost of postage, but that's to be expected of the Belgian Postoffice. They'd better treat it as a porcelain package now.

Currently we have 2 submitted tracking numbers. I will be distributing the tracking numbers tomorrow/Thursday to keep the secret alive a bit longer. 

In other news, I broke down and cried yesterday evening when I removed all the masking tape from all the robes I have painted and completely ruined it. The clock is ticking! I will make it in time - the goal is to ship Friday, but it will be tough!

I don't trust masking tape for this exact reason. I used it to protect the sensitive areas I had painted, just to have it rip off to the bare plastic by removing the tape. NEVER AGAIN
Did you stick the tape to your clothes before applying it to the mini? It won't adhere as much to the paint if you do that.

Mini is on route as well. I feel like I've been ripped off with the cost of postage, but that's to be expected of the Belgian Postoffice. They'd better treat it as a porcelain package now.

I don't trust masking tape for this exact reason. I used it to protect the sensitive areas I had painted, just to have it rip off to the bare plastic by removing the tape. NEVER AGAIN

Did you stick the tape to your clothes before applying it to the mini? It won't adhere as much to the paint if you do that.

Not on clothes, but did the usual triple-dab on my cutting mat. But the most damage has not even been done by the tape, those that I discovered recently have not proved troublesome (mainly tamiya), this was the bloody masking fluid. Anyways, time to soldier on and adapt and overcome. I have as well ordered some new primers, Vallejo released a "Mecha" line that is meant for Gundam, most of the tests on youtube I have seen suggest it's quite resistant to wear and tear, so hopefully this will improve in future.

++ ORGANIZER VOICE ++

AT THIS POINT OF TIME I REGISTER 5 PACKAGES SENT. I HAVE DISTRIBUTED THE TRACKING DETAILS ACCORDINGLY. 

BY MY COUNT, WE STILL HAVE 6 PACKAGES TO GO - INCLUDING THE ONE FROM ME - SO DO NOT FRET YET :)

AS ASKED IN PMs AND IN THE EVENT BLURB - PLEASE CONFIRM TO ME IN PM THAT IT WAS RECEIVED AND AS SOON AS YOU DO, LET'S HAVE THIS THREAD EXPLODE WITH PICTURES!

So exciting! I'm curious to see who it would be. I wonder if I would recognise the sender by the model itself.

Wanne exchange rare models for cookies?

I fear my cookie stocks are running low. I have to keep some for Christmas.

Oh Lostrael, you're breaking my heart. :cry:

For those of you who already sent the package, I have finished resizing your signature badge that Chaplain Lucifer provided to us. Those of you who completed your gifts and sent them, feel free to display your achievment.

4bVlhOy.jpg

So exciting! I'm curious to see who it would be. I wonder if I would recognise the sender by the model itself.

Wanne exchange rare models for cookies?

I fear my cookie stocks are running low. I have to keep some for Christmas.

Oh Lostrael, you're breaking my heart. :cry:

Wahhh, don't do that. Don't start crying. 

Archived